Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mont

good enough manager who has had plenty of funds to spend

got lucky with the first batch of 'kids' and carried on from ther

this yr will be a tester with the 'noisy neighbours' looking unstoppable

BennyCake

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 03, 2011, 02:41:54 PM
There is a programme on Fergie's 1st 25 years on 5Live tonight at 7.

The first 25 years? Is there going to be a second?  :D Maybe Fergie plans to be manager until he's 94.

ross4life

For me the thing the separates Fergie from the rest is his longevity think about it.. 25 years as manager of one of the world's biggest football clubs & in that time he has produced many fine teams, has never lost his passion drive determination to succeed while other great managers called it day at 60 Fergie is still going strong at almost 70.

Don't feel the the need to compare managers (it's like comparing great artists) all i know is he's one of the best & will it take some man to fill his shoes.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

"25 years ago today, when Alex Ferguson took over at Manchester United the bottom 4 clubs were Chelsea, Man united, Newcastle United, and Man City. The top 4 today? The same."
Now THAT is a cracking stat.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

stew

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 05, 2011, 03:48:45 PM
"25 years ago today, when Alex Ferguson took over at Manchester United the bottom 4 clubs were Chelsea, Man united, Newcastle United, and Man City. The top 4 today? The same."
Now THAT is a cracking stat.

Another Wes Brown goal for united, Fergie is some pup.  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Incredible achievement for Feguson.

Still got a while to go to beat this buck in terms of longevity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Roux

ross4life

Another win/clean sheet! better performance than Wednesday night Sunderland keeper Westwood pulled off some great saves while United never looked in a danger of letting a goal in. Best on show today Jones,Park & Rooney the midfielder.

Happy 25th Fergie, Sir Alex Ferguson stand has a nice ring to it.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Not vintage Utd but 3 points in the bag.  :)

Really need City to start dropping a point here and there.

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2011, 05:06:52 PM

you do know its 3 points for a win?

Tony Baloney

The least shocking stat of the day if that Steve Bruce's teams haven't beaten United in 18 attempts. Oh and an own goal by an ex-player goes a long way towards not ruining whiskey nose's big day.

Jonah

Quote from: The Worker on November 05, 2011, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2011, 05:06:52 PM

you do know its 3 points for a win?
Was thinking the same thing myself when I read that comment  :D

Good win today to keep us in the hunt, still think its City's to lose, any score yet from their game?

Hoof Hearted

1-1 - they just equaliised

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hoof Hearted

ross4life

Had money on 4-2 city win  :-\ anyway good effort by QPR they had enough chances to get at least a draw, City without kompany are a different side most top sides would have beaten them today i feel.