Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 02:45:25 PM
At least they afforded him the respect he deserves:

QuotePeter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.''

2 match ban and a pocket change fine is a small price to pay to highlight a problem that needs to be addressed.

I said a few weeks ago he would get a touchline ban....I was told I didn't know what I was talking about  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: full back on November 12, 2009, 12:22:18 PM
I would say the problem will be getting a buyer for him.
He hasnt had many performances which stand out & would catch the eye of a prospective buyer.

Fergie might give him a few games between now & January in th hope that he raises his profile so we* can get a decent price for him in January.
The other option is to let him sit in the reserves :-\

I think he only cost £16million so I think money back or even a profit. He is not up to Utd standard and this is the que to move on.
:D :D

You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2009, 05:11:37 PM

QuotePeter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.''

2 match ban and a pocket change fine is a small price to pay to highlight a problem that needs to be addressed.

I said a few weeks ago he would get a touchline ban....I was told I didn't know what I was talking about  :D

Lucky guess LL
You still dont know what you are talking about ;)

supersarsfields

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2009, 05:12:14 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: full back on November 12, 2009, 12:22:18 PM
I would say the problem will be getting a buyer for him.
He hasnt had many performances which stand out & would catch the eye of a prospective buyer.

Fergie might give him a few games between now & January in th hope that he raises his profile so we* can get a decent price for him in January.
The other option is to let him sit in the reserves :-\

I think he only cost £16million so I think money back or even a profit. He is not up to Utd standard and this is the que to move on.
:D :D

£1.6Million might be closer!!  :D

ross4life

looking back on the fergie interview he didn't say alot wrong to be honest (i've seen him say alot worse & get away with it) the ref even told rooney he needed a break with all the running around!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Nani joined for a undisclosed fee! could be any amount & i bet united is still paying the fee

Nani is only 22 (living in Ronaldo's shadow would be hard for any player)

IMO this game was the turning point in Ronaldo's career http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6371333.stm
that game Ronaldo was only 22! & from then on he became the superstar he is today (scoring 42 goals the following season)

i'm not saying Nani will be as good as Ronaldo (half as good i'll be happy)but he needs more time, & needs to keep out of the media or he'll just be another tevez  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stiffler

Quote from: ross4life on November 12, 2009, 05:16:03 PM

looking back on the fergie interview he didn't say alot wrong to be honest (i've seen him say alot worse & get away with it) the ref even told rooney he needed a break with all the running around!

Finally a utd fan admits it!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ross4life

Quote from: stiffler on November 12, 2009, 06:07:58 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 12, 2009, 05:16:03 PM

Finally a utd fan admits it!

i see what you did there  :D

i also admit he's greatest manager of this generation  ;)

mountainboii

Quote from: ross4life on November 12, 2009, 05:31:25 PM
Nani joined for a undisclosed fee! could be any amount & i bet united is still paying the fee

IMO this game was the turning point in Ronaldo's career http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6371333.stm
that game Ronaldo was only 22! & from then on he became the superstar he is today (scoring 42 goals the following season)

i'm not saying Nani will be as good as Ronaldo (half as good i'll be happy)but he needs more time, & needs to keep out of the media or he'll just be another tevez  ::)

Ronaldo had just turned 22 then and was flying long before that Fulham game in any case. Nani turns 23 next week and is yet to do a single thing to suggest he'll ever be good enough for United.

ross4life

Quote from: AFS on November 12, 2009, 06:59:37 PM

Ronaldo had just turned 22 then and was flying long before that Fulham game in any case. Nani turns 23 next week and is yet to do a single thing to suggest he'll ever be good enough for United.

flying he may have been but his goals per games were not much better than nani now?

the main problem is comparing the two, IMO Nani is a good enough squad player but by the looks of his interview his days of a been man united player could numbered

mountainboii

Quote from: ross4life on November 12, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

flying he may have been but his goals per games were not much better than nani now?

Aye, Ronaldo was way better. He was averaging a goal every other Premier League game for the season and a half prior to that Fulham game. Over the last season and a bit Nani is averaging about one in every eight in the league. Comparisons with Ronaldo are unfair but Nani is still a clown, who has shown no signs of improvement in his time at the club. His goal and assist ratio is the same as, if not slightly worse than, when he first arrived. Can't wait to see the back of him.

2007/08 - 37 apps (14 sub) - 3 goals (1 every 12 games/ 1 every 8 starts) - 9 assists (1 every 4 games/ 1 every 3 starts)
2008/09 - 20 apps (7 sub) - 1 goal (1 every 20 games/ 1 every 13 starts) - 2 assists (1 every 10 games/ 1 every 7 starts)
2009/10 - 11 apps (2 sub) - 1 goal (1 every 11 games/ 1 every 9 starts ) - 2 assists (1 every 6 games/ 1 every 5 starts)

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: AFS on November 12, 2009, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 12, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

Aye, Ronaldo was way better. He was averaging a goal every other Premier League game for the season and a half prior to that Fulham game. Over the last season and a bit Nani is averaging about one in every eight in the league. Comparisons with Ronaldo are unfair but Nani is still a clown, who has shown no signs of improvement in his time at the club. His goal and assist ratio is the same as, if not slightly worse than, when he first arrived. Can't wait to see the back of him.

2007/08 - 37 apps (14 sub) - 3 goals (1 every 12 games/ 1 every 8 starts) - 9 assists (1 every 4 games/ 1 every 3 starts)
2008/09 - 20 apps (7 sub) - 1 goal (1 every 20 games/ 1 every 13 starts) - 2 assists (1 every 10 games/ 1 every 7 starts)
2009/10 - 11 apps (2 sub) - 1 goal (1 every 11 games/ 1 every 9 starts ) - 2 assists (1 every 6 games/ 1 every 5 starts)

For what its worth I think Nani had a better first season than Ronaldo did, but to use a horseracing term he hasn't trained on. Last season he was very poor but probably never got a decent run in team and this season he's not looked any more impressive. I think a return to Southern Europe beckons, where he will no doubt star for someone.

ITS KAAAT

Man utd r to lucky always gettin late goals. They like playing 91 mins to 98 mins. They r kaaaaaaaaaaat

ross4life

Quote from: ITS KAAAT on November 12, 2009, 08:28:31 PM
Man utd r to lucky always gettin late goals. They like playing 91 mins to 98 mins. They r kaaaaaaaaaaat

now i didn't quiet get all of that? but something about lucky with late goals?

ITS KAAAT

They like playing over the 90 mins. Wat about chelsea ,get in there,1.0. Whos top