Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I'm assuming there's a hefty enough breeze in Clones? Riain lobbed one over from 60 yards, while McGuigan's 35 yard wee hung up forever

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 14, 2023, 04:18:36 PM
Wee fella aged 15 from Lurgan "died suddenly" recently.
No, it was asthma attack or something like that.

full moon

Physical contact all but removed from the game, this is a bit of snoozefest so far. Sadly it's lightyears ahead of the other provincial finals

Really needs to be a deep look at the rules going forward, usual basketball back and forth

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on May 14, 2023, 04:40:12 PM
I'm assuming there's a hefty enough breeze in Clones? Riain lobbed one over from 60 yards, while McGuigan's 35 yard wee hung up forever

Yes and Derry have that wind advantage now. Armagh probably would be leading at half time but for giving away such a soft goal, only 50% strike rate on the shots taken.

onefineday

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2023, 04:29:56 PM
Thankfully there's a hurling double header next week. If Gough manages to cover 3 miles today I'd be surprised
Yeah, Clare v Waterford was a classic last night alight.

Champion The Wonder Horse

bennydorano

Armagh have been really poor so far, lucky to be only a point down with the wind. Our team should get stronger as the 2nd half progresses, Crealy & Campbell should be on straight away for Duffy & McPartlan. We don't seem to mind playing into the wind which gives me some hope.

onefineday

So the ref blows the Derry keeper for time wasting but adds on exactly 1 min injury time and true to form he blows it 1 sec over the time as Derry are attacking.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on May 14, 2023, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 14, 2023, 04:18:36 PM
Wee fella aged 15 from Lurgan "died suddenly" recently.
No, it was asthma attack or something like that.
Have removed the " " from the original post.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: onefineday on May 14, 2023, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2023, 04:29:56 PM
Thankfully there's a hurling double header next week. If Gough manages to cover 3 miles today I'd be surprised
Yeah, Clare v Waterford was a classic last night alight.

Look at the comments here, it's a few steps above this lateral/play back type garbage of 15 men behind the ball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

5times5times

Derry to coast home. Armagh need to go for it which will eat into Derrys hands.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: onefineday on May 14, 2023, 04:47:56 PM
So the ref blows the Derry keeper for time wasting but adds on exactly 1 min injury time and true to form he blows it 1 sec over the time as Derry are attacking.

Is there a rule saying he should play more added time because a team is attacking?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Suprised armagh haven't played a few balls into the square. They tried one and played it straight to the keeper

onefineday

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2023, 04:58:05 PM
Quote from: onefineday on May 14, 2023, 04:47:56 PM

Is there a rule saying he should play more added time because a team is attacking?
No, but with 1 min being the absolute min added time, you'd wonder at the time wasting incident.

Mourne Red

Is there no proper keepers in Armagh? Jesus this sweeper keeper is desperate stuff