Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

So he's went for the Boris Johnson course of action

GoldCoastRossie

It was a harrowing read, the first I heard of it as from my wife last night and it was the only topic of conversation in all her whatsapp groups and FB groups. I do not think there is anyway you can tough this out. I imagine by lunchtime it will be all over liveline etc and the end will come soon enough.

It is not the strongest of statements from RG and to be honest, allegations have been investigated does not read very well and are there any pending charges or reopening of the investigations. If the main witness has not cooperated previously they may want to revisit the case now if there is new evidence.

full moon

Is that statement anywhere official and not WhatsApp?

It's a fairly strong statement if real, and the police and courts have been involved a long time already it seems according to that.

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 11, 2023, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 06:49:42 AM
Quote from: Antrim on May 11, 2023, 12:55:41 AM
I've been told on very good authority that there will be  a statement tomorrow and Rory Gallagher will step down

Maybe the players can all come out in t shirts and support him a la Liverpool and Suarez, or they could keep him in the squad and get him sponsored, a la the Watty's and McFaul.

Lol what a little smick you are!

Good one.

tintin25

The whole affair is messy.  I imagine if he is on the line come Sunday the abuse will be unreal regardless.

lenny

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 10:03:01 AM

It's a fairly strong statement if real, and the police and courts have been involved a long time already it seems according to that.

Most people were saying yesterday that he would have to stand down pending an investigation. If it's true that all of these allegations have already been extensively investigated by the appropriate authorities then I think we all just have to accept that and move on.

full moon

Quote from: GoldCoastRossie on May 11, 2023, 10:02:06 AM
It was a harrowing read, the first I heard of it as from my wife last night and it was the only topic of conversation in all her whatsapp groups and FB groups. I do not think there is anyway you can tough this out. I imagine by lunchtime it will be all over liveline etc and the end will come soon enough.

It is not the strongest of statements from RG and to be honest, allegations have been investigated does not read very well and are there any pending charges or reopening of the investigations.
I'm not sure you get how libel laws are if you think RTE would put this on liveline or touch it with a bargepole.

I doubt this will be in media any further than Irish news article yesterday as it's a minefield, that's unless Gallagher is removed/gone and even then they will be very careful what they would say unlike social media

Armagh18

Quote from: tintin25 on May 11, 2023, 10:07:30 AM
The whole affair is messy.  I imagine if he is on the line come Sunday the abuse will be unreal regardless.
Surely he hasn't released a statement on whatsapp. Is it anywhere else more official or verified in anyway?

full moon

Given the behaviour of Armagh's supporters in recent years especially in Clones they would want to start putting their own statements out telling them to behave. It's like the worst of soccer fans.

smelmoth

If there was one in grain of truth of any single allegation I would have thought that would have been enough for him to step aside temporarily. The complete rebuttal and the reference to this having already been investigated certainly makes the County Boards position as difficult as it could be.

Nightmare scenario

Armagh18

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 10:12:39 AM

Given the behaviour of Armagh's supporters in recent years especially in Clones they would want to start putting their own statements out telling them to behave. It's like the worst of soccer fans.
Yawnnn

Mourne Red

Same boys believing that WhatsApp statement are same boys saying the allegations came from unverified Facebook account 😂.. I'd say it'll be in Irish News with no name attached to a statement,  same as her allegations in an article yesterday.

Will wait until something concrete gets released and not a chain mail on WhatsApp that you have to share within 5 mins or you get 10 years bad luck

full moon

Plenty of Armagh folk demanding Gallagher is removed etc. No ulterior motives there I'm sure!

But typical Armagh they know this is a very big chance for them now on Sunday.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on May 11, 2023, 10:08:44 AM
Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 10:03:01 AM

Most people were saying yesterday that he would have to stand down pending an investigation. If it's true that all of these allegations have already been extensively investigated by the appropriate authorities then I think we all just have to accept that and move on.

I don't think it will help Derry, and I think he should choose to step away for Sunday at the least. He'll get dogs abuse and will be a circus if he's there. I'm not sure how the players will feel about him being there either.
A bit of time for more details to emerge. It'll be unfortunate on him if it isn't true. Dreadful in fact. But equally if there is more to come from her side, it won't be good to have kept him there. Not an easy spot for Derry, which is why I was fairly sure he would have walked himself.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 10:16:58 AM
Plenty of Armagh folk demanding Gallagher is removed etc. No ulterior motives there I'm sure!

But typical Armagh they know this is a very big chance for them now on Sunday.
That's a f**king disgusting post. Couldn't care less about the football in comparison to something like this. If it's true he's an animal that needs punished severely and painfully. I'd be saying the same if it was a member of our coaching team or our best player. Not a chance he should be on the line on Sunday.