Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2023, 12:30:56 PM
Speaking with a few Armagh fans and as per usual they have completely lost the run of themselves. I'm actually quite worried for some of them. Armagh to date have beaten Antrim and Down in the Ulster Championship. Derry will beat them comfortably by 10+

Deluded. Their tears will flood the city this weekend.

Not to forget Cavan as well, give us some credit  ;)

Armagh18

Speaking with a few Armagh fans and as per usual they have completely lost the run of themselves. I'm actually quite worried for some of them. Armagh to date have beaten Antrim and Down in the Ulster Championship. Derry will beat them comfortably by 10+

Awk Trailer try abit harder ffs. Won't even get any bites with that.

Ethan Tremblay

I suppose they can only beat what is in front of them.  Unless Armagh fold into themselves completely, they won't get beaten by 10+ points, they have played better quality teams than Derry and end results were not as bad as that. 

I would say the game is 50/50, both teams are operating at the same level more or less. 

I would say the loser of this game going into the draw with Tyrone and Galway(if things go as expected) will profit more in the AI series than the winner coming up against Monaghan, Donegal and Clare(if things go as expected).   

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

general_lee

Does the best club scene in Ireland have any senior fixtures this weekend?
Or are you all fixated on the first round of the grade III u13.5 whogivesafuck championship ?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 05, 2023, 02:00:23 PM

I suppose they can only beat what is in front of them.  Unless Armagh fold into themselves completely, they won't get beaten by 10+ points, they have played better quality teams than Derry and end results were not as bad as that. 

I would say the game is 50/50, both teams are operating at the same level more or less. 

I would say the loser of this game going into the draw with Tyrone and Galway(if things go as expected) will profit more in the AI series than the winner coming up against Monaghan, Donegal and Clare(if things go as expected).

The thing is the loser of this game's odds of going through from the group as group winner will surely be less than the winer of this.
However one possible advantage of being the loser is that you would then be pretty much guaranteed to avoid both Galway and Tyrone until the final.
Personally I have it advantage Derry - I'm not sure by how much but Armagh just have more questions marks around them and I would have very little faith in McGeeney on the sideline in terms of game management.

Walter Cronc

Do both counties get 50/50 split on tickets ? Like 12k or so each?

Estimator

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 05, 2023, 08:39:33 PM
You'd have to assume thats the case. Is capacity still set at 29k??
Looking like they are going to be scarce either way.
A lot clubs on the socials saying they are over subscribed, and their allocation doesn't come.close to the demand from members.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Wildweasel74

Was at Ardee this year, wouldn't been too many Derry supporters at it. Not sure why they all crawl out the woodwork come Ulster final time.

marty34

Quote from: Estimator on May 05, 2023, 10:04:46 PM
A lot clubs on the socials saying they are over subscribed, and their allocation doesn't come.close to the demand from members.

Bring it to Croker!  ;)

onefineday

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 05, 2023, 10:40:36 PM
Was at Ardee this year, wouldn't been too many Derry supporters at it. Not sure why they all crawl out the woodwork come Ulster final time.
True, reward for winning they ardee game was greater than fir this year's Ulster title. Count yourself lucky that the fans coming onboard at this stage aren't aware of that or you'd never have got near that ardee game with its 2k capacity.
I have to say I've generally followed Derry through thick and thin (I was one of 300 (?) odd there in 07 v Armagh in clones) but definitely missed a fair few games from the early 2010s until last year, but the noise and colour the new fans brought was fantastic and I'm delighted to see them there (mostly, there's always a few young lads a bit the worse for wear who let the side down). Long may it last.

Walter Cronc

Here's another one. Does every club get the same number of tickets or do bigger clubs (say Marafelt) get more tickets than say Moneymore?

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 06, 2023, 05:25:10 AM

Here's another one. Does every club get the same number of tickets or do bigger clubs (say Marafelt) get more tickets than say Moneymore?
all the same in armagh afaik

onefineday

Quote from: Steps on May 01, 2023, 10:06:12 PM
The most important question is will Derry be wearing all red? They are listed first, does this make a difference? Do both teams have to wear away. Down obviously red but less of a clash with black

White with red band is our first kit, the red is our alternate.

onefineday

Quote from: Cavan19 on May 03, 2023, 03:44:07 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 03, 2023, 11:58:02 AM

This could be a good game but it's guaranteed to be a massive occasion. There are 3 other provincial finals in the the offing for which there is little or no noise and very little anticipation.

Hopefully it's better than last years snorefest anyway what was happening on the field sucked the energy and excitement from the crowd.
It got quiet at times alright, but for those in attendance it was incredibly tense, total edge of the seat stuff the whole way through. At the time I knew it couldn't be appealing to most neutrals, but it was definitely one of those occasions where you had to be there and the last few minutes are definitely my top gaa moment of the last few years!