Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Orior on May 03, 2023, 06:45:33 AM
Even though I'm a paid up member of a club, it's a lot handier for me to buy my ticket online.

You'll have to explain that one  :o ours is a simple text to said committee member.

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 03, 2023, 07:31:33 AM
Even though I'm a paid up member of a club, it's a lot handier for me to buy my ticket online.

You'll have to explain that one  :o ours is a simple text to said committee member.
what if theres more demand than tickets?

bennydorano

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 03, 2023, 07:41:03 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 03, 2023, 07:31:33 AM

what if theres more demand than tickets?
During the glory years it was mayhem getting tickets for big games, rows galore. Ticket allocations generally went Committee, Players, Active Members, Full Members, the rest. Always plenty who.missed out.

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on May 02, 2023, 10:09:38 PM
Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 02, 2023, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 05:38:24 PM
Tickets only going to clubs and season tickets. Only going on general sale if any are returned from clubs  :-[
What is the issue here? I've seen people (presumably non-GAA members) gurning on Facebook about the clubs getting first preference...
Think the issue is why hasn't it been done in the earlier rounds as opposed to just the final. I know a lot of lads who aren't club members but go to every game

There is more demand for a final. The season ticket is the cure if you go to every game.

Maybe this should be a new thread but anyway...

Are there many people who are not members of their own clubs but go to their county games regularly?

Or are there many people who just follow their county teams only and have no affiliation to a club?

Redhand Santa

Load's of people on social media giving out that they've been to every game and aren't a member of a club/active in their club and that it's not fair. Surely if you are such a big fan and know you won't get tickets through a club then the season ticket option is best?

thewobbler

Why anyone would think that a member-driven organisation could/would/should cater for non-members ahead of members, just bewilders me.

This isn't even a case of turkeys don't vote for Christmas. And a committee of men and women who've volunteered their time to the GAA over decades through their club and county, are never, ever going to think any differently about the matter. And nor should they.

seanyb

Quote from: thewobbler on May 03, 2023, 09:11:08 AM
Why anyone would think that a member-driven organisation could/would/should cater for non-members ahead of members, just bewilders me.

This isn't even a case of turkeys don't vote for Christmas. And a committee of men and women who've volunteered their time to the GAA over decades through their club and county, are never, ever going to think any differently about the matter. And nor should they.

Absolutely agree!

lenny

Really looking forward to this game as it's a clash of styles between Derry's all out attcking and Armagh's much more defensive system this year. Derry have been running up some huge scores with players in every position likely to score. What I would worry about though is when we've come up against ultra defensive teams like Galway last year we haven't been able to break them down. Armagh's need to win this game is also probably a bit stronger as Mcgeeney has been there a while with no reward. Derry have left themselves wide open defensively at times as the team has evolved into the much more attacking style and Armagh are likely to exploit this with the class forwards that they have.

armaghniac

There will likely be enough tickets more or less for this game in any case. There is an LGFA game between Armagh and Cavan beforehand, I'm not sure how many come from Cavan but any tickets that come to Armagh will find a home.
The pressure for tickets will arise in the round robin, e.g. Tyrone v Armagh as the grounds will only be 70% of the size of Clones and the league game more or less filled the ground for these fixtures.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

While the Armagh following is something to be admired its a bit like a lot of our supporters by pass clubs and support their County like they're following Celtic, Liverpool or United.

balladmaker

Quote from: bennydorano on May 03, 2023, 09:28:19 AM
While the Armagh following is something to be admired its a bit like a lot of our supporters by pass clubs and support their County like they're following Celtic, Liverpool or United.

Show business and glamour of the big day out, no doubt, plus the chance to get full of wine before 11am on a match day does it for many  ::)

In my younger days, I'll readily admit a good few pints before heading into Croke Park.  I found that whilst I was at the match, I wasn't actually processing a lot of it, it more passed me by than anything else.  As for now, I'm stone sober but roaring like a mad man at most games  ;D

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2023, 12:07:16 AM
Tickets only going to clubs and season tickets. Only going on general sale if any are returned from clubs  :-[
What is the issue here? I've seen people (presumably non-GAA members) gurning on Facebook about the clubs getting first preference...
Think the issue is why hasn't it been done in the earlier rounds as opposed to just the final. I know a lot of lads who aren't club members but go to every game

Bandwagoners... Tell them to pony up and pay their club membership.

High demand games like provincial finals and All Ireland finals have always gone through clubs this isn't new information!!!

Generally I'd agree.
In my situation though I now live in another county and am a club member there, but still go to all the Derry matches I can.
Looks like I'm going to be ruled out of getting tickets for myself and the kids for the final.

general_lee

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 03, 2023, 09:58:37 AM

High demand games like provincial finals and All Ireland finals have always gone through clubs this isn't new information!!!

Generally I'd agree.
In my situation though I now live in another county and am a club member there, but still go to all the Derry matches I can.
Looks like I'm going to be ruled out of getting tickets for myself and the kids for the final.
Can you not apply for tickets from your new club?

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on May 03, 2023, 10:23:52 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 03, 2023, 09:58:37 AM

Generally I'd agree.
Can you not apply for tickets from your new club?

I doubt if any club outside Ulster has any access to tickets for this event and people do live in Dublin etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Walter Cronc

We're having a ballot for Gerry Arthur's stand tickets as demand has exceeded numbers.