Armagh v Down - USFC Semi-Final - Clones, 4pm, Sun 30th April

Started by balladmaker, April 24, 2023, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Best fans in Ireland, what draws you to that conclusion, there a certain element come out of Lurgan I wouldn't want at any game. thought Mayo got the best fans myself.

seafoid

Armagh and Derry are currently in the limelight but who will be 5 years from now ?

Wildweasel74

Judging. By underage Teams I say Tyrone, Derry, maybe Down. Hard to judge, Cavan won 4 U-21 (need check maybe 3) in Ulster, they come good for only a few yrs off that lot, so 5 yrs is hard to call. 5yrs ago Derry were going to Division 4.

general_lee

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 01, 2023, 07:12:54 PM
Best fans in Ireland, what draws you to that conclusion, there a certain element come out of Lurgan I wouldn't want at any game. thought Mayo got the best fans myself.
Excuse you, we have degenerates from all over the county not just Lurgan!

tonto1888

Lurgan getting an awful lot of bad press in this thread. We are a good bunch really

Armaghtothebone

The fact that there were thousands of Armagh fans in Kerry for a League game this year.
Ditto the Hyde, for the Roscommon game.

And many many more examples.

Been at away games where Armagh fans outnumbered home fans 5 or 6 to1.

armaghniac

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 01, 2023, 09:54:55 PM

The fact that there were thousands of Armagh fans in Kerry for a League game this year.
Ditto the Hyde, for the Roscommon game.

And many many more examples.

Been at away games where Armagh fans outnumbered home fans 5 or 6 to1.

There were as many at the Armagh - Monaghan league game as the Derry - Monaghan championship game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Yeah and when Armagh weren't going well few years ago, over half were nowhere to be seen.

illdecide

i was standing beside a wee w@nker (someone told me he was from Portadown) who lit a flare up and was waving it all over the place with orange dye flying all over the place. I gave off to him and he threw  the flare in the direction of the stand below the Hill if it reached that far. He just legged it afterwards, I've seen him at matches before and I'll watch out for him again. Swear if I'd have got the hold of him I'd have gave a thump or two. TBH the Guards do feck all about it as there's usually about half a dozen there. You can clearly see they're full so why let them in thru the turnstiles in the first place 🤷‍♂️. I'm no party pooper and I like to see the young ones enjoy themselves but when they know they're not gonna get into the match and turned away maybe it'll put them off going
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Throw ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 01, 2023, 10:23:25 PM
Yeah and when Armagh weren't going well few years ago, over half were nowhere to be seen.

Still leaves a fair few.

Was at an Armagh match in Kilmallock a few years ago when the Armagh fans outnumbered the Limerick fans about 100 to 1. All through the Divisions Armagh have a solid core support.

tonto1888

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 01, 2023, 10:23:25 PM

That would be the same as every team. That said I remember travelling round the country i the division 3 days and grounds being full of Armagh ones