Grimley
Nugent
Kelly
Cumiskey
Mackin
Mc partland for jarly
Conor o Neill for Mackin
On the bench would drop Sheridan and keep Higgins

Harsh to drop Mackin? Not a bad problem to have all the same. Armagh's squad depth should get them over the line.
Agreed re Mackin but I rate ONeill
It's a toughie tbf

Armagh18

Quote from: naka on April 24, 2023, 11:18:38 AM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 24, 2023, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: naka on April 24, 2023, 11:13:36 AM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 24, 2023, 11:06:30 AM
Rafferty
Morgan McKay Forker
Mackin McCambridge McCabe
JarlyOg Crealey
Duffy Grugan Campbell
Turbitt Murnin O'Neill

Bench
McPartlan
Sheridan
Hall
Grimley
Nugent
Kelly
Cumiskey
Mackin
Mc partland for jarly
Conor o Neill for Mackin

Harsh to drop Mackin? Not a bad problem to have all the same. Armagh's squad depth should get them over the line.
It's a toughie tbf
Great problem to have. Hall and McPartlin done rightly so far be surprised if either were dropped. To be brutally honest based off performances this year only, O'Neill doesn't deserve to start. Have a feeling he will have a field day against Down though.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2023, 11:34:32 AM
Rafferty
Morgan McKay Forker
JarlyOg Crealey
Duffy Grugan Campbell
Turbitt Murnin O'Neill

Bench
McPartlan
Sheridan
Hall
Grimley
Nugent
Kelly
Cumiskey
Mackin
Mc partland for jarly
Conor o Neill for Mackin

It's a toughie tbf
Great problem to have. Hall and McPartlin done rightly so far be surprised if either were dropped. To be brutally honest based off performances this year only, O'Neill doesn't deserve to start. Have a feeling he will have a field day against Down though.

I'd agree with that, I think O'Neill is like a wounded animal at the minute which will make him very dangerous and no better team for him to help him rediscover his form than against Down who despite their defensive structure are actually very poor individually in defence. The fact that Turbitt has taken up the mantle as the main scoring forward should also help. Jemar Hall got a lot of criticism earlier in the League campaign but he has played well in the last 3 matches and deserves to start the next day. 

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 11:42:41 AM
Rafferty
Morgan McKay Forker
JarlyOg Crealey
Duffy Grugan Campbell
Turbitt Murnin O'Neill

Bench
McPartlan
Sheridan
Hall
Grimley
Nugent
Kelly
Cumiskey
Mackin
Mc partland for jarly
Conor o Neill for Mackin

It's a toughie tbf

I'd agree with that, I think O'Neill is like a wounded animal at the minute which will make him very dangerous and no better team for him to help him rediscover his form than against Down who despite their defensive structure are actually very poor individually in defence. The fact that Turbitt has taken up the mantle as the main scoring forward should also help. Jemar Hall got a lot of criticism earlier in the League campaign but he has played well in the last 3 matches and deserves to start the next day.
Yeah my point exactly. I wonder will he be back on the frees, Turbitt been doing rightly. Bodes well for us that we've won 2 games in Ulster already without him and I think with Turbitt playing as wellas he is it'll take some pressure off Rian.

If we could get the brother back it'd go a long way to sorting our problems at midfield- get the feeling we just don't have enough big ignorant dogs in the middle as seen in the second half the other day and several times in the league.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2023, 11:50:48 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 11:42:41 AM
Rafferty
Morgan McKay Forker
JarlyOg Crealey
Duffy Grugan Campbell
Turbitt Murnin O'Neill

Bench
McPartlan
Sheridan
Hall
Grimley
Nugent
Kelly
Cumiskey
Mackin
Mc partland for jarly
Conor o Neill for Mackin

It's a toughie tbf

Yeah my point exactly. I wonder will he be back on the frees, Turbitt been doing rightly. Bodes well for us that we've won 2 games in Ulster already without him and I think with Turbitt playing as wellas he is it'll take some pressure off Rian.

If we could get the brother back it'd go a long way to sorting our problems at midfield- get the feeling we just don't have enough big ignorant dogs in the middle as seen in the second half the other day and several times in the league.

I'd keep Turbo on the close in free kicks and let Rian hit the longer range ones. The midfield issues have been ongoing, even going back to the Galway game last season it probably cost us that match. McPartland is a good footballer but his main strength isn't in winning primary possession from kick outs, Oisin O'Neill would be a big help if he was fit there. Our 2 best fielders are probably Murnin and Rian O'Neill so we might need at least one of them to drop deeper for kick outs. With Turbitts form it wouldn't surprise me to see Rian O'Neill playing out around the middle third for long spells. 

Armagh18

Yeah agreed yellowcard. Crealy a good help for a bit of size in the middle. Need to start being first to more breaking ball as well and vary the kickout a bit when its obviously not working.

armaghniac

At this point Met Eireann are predicting heavy rain on Sunday afternoon, which would be a right pain in the aяse and a loss of revenue for the GAA. It is 6 days away, the forecast may change enough to move the rain to a time before or after the game

It would reduce the traffic in Ballybay though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2023, 01:25:53 PM
At this point Met Eireann are predicting heavy rain on Sunday afternoon, which would be a right pain in the aяse and a loss of revenue for the GAA. It is 6 days away, the forecast may change enough to move the rain to a time before or after the game

Saturday night in Breffni was grim, and it did take away from the occasion big time, felt more like a league encounter in February.  A pity if it's a similar day in Clones.

balladmaker

Anyone with a season ticket logged into their account yet?  Tickets on sale for Gerry Arthurs stand but looks like it is unreserved seating as you can't select a seat.

naka

40% chance of rain on the bbc website

5times5times

Who will be assigned to tag Kerr + R.Johnston? Mackin and McCambridge? Down looked fit as fiddles yesterday

yellowcard

Just as long as the Down fans aren't flying planes overhead about sacking their own GAA volunteers I think we can manage to put up with a bit of rain.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 02:17:30 PM

Just as long as the Down fans aren't flying planes overhead about sacking their own GAA volunteers I think we can manage to put up with a bit of rain.
Is he a volunteer? I thought issue was he was getting big coin for doing not very much?

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2023, 02:24:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 02:17:30 PM

Is he a volunteer? I thought issue was he was getting big coin for doing not very much?

I'm not sure of the rights and wrongs of it but to go to the bother, not to mention the cost of flying a banner at a championship match is very vindictive. Must be a first at a GAA game. It must have been awfully distracting for anyone at the match as well because the constant buzzing noise on tv was annoying as hell.   

square_ball

Maybe you Down men will club together and buy Eugene Brannigan an up to date pair of Down shorts.