Armagh v Down - USFC Semi-Final - Clones, 4pm, Sun 30th April

Started by balladmaker, April 24, 2023, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 02:29:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2023, 02:24:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 24, 2023, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2023, 01:25:53 PM
At this point Met Eireann are predicting heavy rain on Sunday afternoon, which would be a right pain in the aяse and a loss of revenue for the GAA. It is 6 days away, the forecast may change enough to move the rain to a time before or after the game

It would reduce the traffic in Ballybay though.

Just as long as the Down fans aren't flying planes overhead about sacking their own GAA volunteers I think we can manage to put up with a bit of rain.
Is he a volunteer? I thought issue was he was getting big coin for doing not very much?

I'm not sure of the rights and wrongs of it but to go to the bother, not to mention the cost of flying a banner at a championship match is very vindictive. Must be a first at a GAA game. It must have been awfully distracting for anyone at the match as well because the constant buzzing noise on tv was annoying as hell.
Agreed. Don't know the man or anything about him or whats going on but definitely thought that was classless to be honest. (Watch the fecking Geezer out plane rolled out if Down beat us!)

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2023, 02:54:15 PM
At this point Met Eireann are predicting heavy rain on Sunday afternoon, which would be a right pain in the aяse and a loss of revenue for the GAA. It is 6 days away, the forecast may change enough to move the rain to a time before or after the game

Just as long as the Down fans aren't flying planes overhead about sacking their own GAA volunteers I think we can manage to put up with a bit of rain.
Is he a volunteer? I thought issue was he was getting big coin for doing not very much?

I'm not sure of the rights and wrongs of it but to go to the bother, not to mention the cost of flying a banner at a championship match is very vindictive. Must be a first at a GAA game. It must have been awfully distracting for anyone at the match as well because the constant buzzing noise on tv was annoying as hell.
Agreed. Don't know the man or anything about him or whats going on but definitely thought that was classless to be honest. (Watch the fecking Geezer out plane rolled out if Down beat us!)

If we get beat by them we could all be looking the nearest plane out of Clones!

twohands!!!

County Secretary is a paid position.
Croke Park make a contribution towards paying some chunk of the salary as long as certain conditions are met as regards regarding the hiring process in terms of proper procedure/fair interview process followed etc. I think it was €5k when it started, might have been increased.
At one stage only Cork with Frank Murphy and Clare with Pat Fitzgerald were the only two counties not getting the Croke Park contribution towards the county secretary's salary because both were in place for so long i.e. before the Croke Park contribution scheme was started.

Yeah twas annoying watching it on the television and I would have thought that they would be able to reduce how annoying it was by adjusting levels of microphones. Must have been terrrible at the game.

Also couldn't have picked a worst game or even week to pull this stunt with the way the game went and the fact that the the U20s are in the final.

Armagh Girl

In Reply to Balladmaker re Season Tickets - Yes Tickets seem to be unreserved in GA Stand, so 1st come 1st served.  Need to be there early for a decent seat and at least be covered.  Armagh should beat Down with a few points to spare, but really depends which Armagh Team turn up....

balladmaker

What's our experience of Conor Lane in the past?  Does he let it flow, or more whistle happy? 

naka

Quote from: balladmaker on April 25, 2023, 11:19:52 AM
What's our experience of Conor Lane in the past?  Does he let it flow, or more whistle happy?
was picky enough this year against Roscommon

Feckitt

I need one more childs ticket for the Pat McGrane stand but they are all sold out.  There are tickets for the Eastern Stand (Behind the far goal) 
Can you walk from Pat McGrane stand into the Eastern Stand.  I think there is no separation?

illdecide

Did i read on Twitter that the guy responsible for the banner and plane at the Down game was 5 Sams...Is he not on the GAA Board?.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

Quote from: illdecide on April 25, 2023, 01:46:16 PM
Did i read on Twitter that the guy responsible for the banner and plane at the Down game was 5 Sams...Is he not on the GAA Board?.
5 sams (paddy savage )was a guy on the board historically was he not ?
He passed away

illdecide

Dunno who will start on Sunday but McPartlan deserves another dig at it for his two previous performances. I wouldn't be a big J Hall fan TBH but he has done much better the last few games too and them two probably will start again. I would bench O'Neill and introduce him to the action for the second half or earlier if needed. J Og Burns for me does not deserve to start, he's been injured and was poor enough last week. One thing we do know for starters is the following players will start and fill in the blanks after that...

Rafferty
McKay
Forker
Mackin
McCambridge (injury doubt)
McCabe
Crealey
Grugan
Campbell
Turbitt
Murnin

From the 11 above i expect to see...

McPartlan
Hall
Morgan or J Og Burns (Morgan was out for last weeks game)
O'Neill or Nugent

illdecide

Quote from: naka on April 25, 2023, 01:52:42 PM
5 sams (paddy savage )was a guy on the board historically was he not ?
He passed away

Did he really...Christ, didn't know. I know an ex lad from the Board who was wild good friends with him too. I'll have to ask him about it...

Here I may not have picked it up properly but there was something with 5Sams in the title on Twitter about that banner. Maybe someone can help out with that...

Armamike

Is James Morgan off the panel or is that just another rumour?
That's just, like your opinion man.

ardtole

I think the username is 5times.