Cavan v Armagh - Kingspan Breffni Park - Sat, Apr 22, 2023 - 18:30

Started by illdecide, April 12, 2023, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: balladmaker on April 14, 2023, 04:50:35 PM
So long as the ref. ain't Barry Cassidy, I'll be happy enough - Armagh by 2.

Well he nearly cost us an ulster title in 2020 so we don't want to see sight of him either

tonto1888

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 14, 2023, 11:34:53 AM
For a team talking of getting to an All-Ireland final last year now worried about playing division 3 Cavan. Go figure.

I'm judging it by how we played this year

Itchy

It'll be anyone's guess what Mickey Graham does with his line up. I'm expecting Gearoid McKiernan right in close to goal. Will he ask McVetty to play inside, he destroyed Armagh in that ulster semi final in that position. I'd say Cillian Clarke could end up in the Full Back line. Cavan have quite a bit of versatility in their playing positions.
I see reports that Rian O Neill will not play any part whether that can be believed or not.

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 14, 2023, 06:30:28 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 14, 2023, 11:34:53 AM
For a team talking of getting to an All-Ireland final last year now worried about playing division 3 Cavan. Go figure.

I'm judging it by how we played this year
We werent great but we were within a few points of Kerry, Galway, Tyrone etc. Cavan blitzed terrible teams. Antrim were what, mid division 3? Look how easily we beat them.

seafoid

Last year Armagh were a momentum team. It will probably  be the same this year. They should win this one by a few  points but then again they might not. The can get motoring again in the 4x4.

Captain Obvious

Ten minutes to play in the recent Division three final  Fermanagh 1-7 Cavan 0-11.  Watching Fermanagh today would that concern Cavan coming into this game?

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 15, 2023, 06:54:24 PM
Ten minutes to play in the recent Division three final  Fermanagh 1-7 Cavan 0-11.  Watching Fermanagh today would that concern Cavan coming into this game?

The opinion of the pundits seems to be that Fermanagh changed their tactics today. That didn't work, but they may have been more effective with their previous plan and Quigley playing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Division three football is poles apart from the top teams, last few weeks only reinforces that belief.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on April 15, 2023, 07:14:56 PM

Division three football is poles apart from the top teams, last few weeks only reinforces that belief.

As is Division 2 football where Armagh are heading. You boys putting way too much stake on the league. Fermanagh set up with 15 behind the ball in that final and for reason only they know they decided to go man to man against Derry today.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on April 15, 2023, 07:44:57 PM

As is Division 2 football where Armagh are heading. You boys putting way too much stake on the league. Fermanagh set up with 15 behind the ball in that final and for reason only they know they decided to go man to man against Derry today.
Yeah I wouldn't be reading much into it.

naka

Cavan are well used to this scenario
It's theirs to lose!!!!
Remember Armagh have only beaten Antrim in Ulster  in the last few years .

Captain Obvious

Quote from: naka on April 15, 2023, 08:01:19 PM
Cavan are well used to this scenario
It's theirs to lose!!!!
Remember Armagh have only beaten Antrim in Ulster  in the last few years .
That's true and it will be very hard for Cavan to recover from a loss in a match where their need is greater. Mickey Graham and his players won't want another year in the Tailteann Cup!

Blowitupref

Quote from: balladmaker on April 14, 2023, 04:50:35 PM
So long as the ref. ain't Barry Cassidy, I'll be happy enough - Armagh by 2.

Paul Faloon will be ref for this game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

illdecide

Having read all the comments I think i'll change my mind...Cavan by 5pts. No R O'Neill, No Murnin and Larry Reilly back for Cavan what chance have we really got. Is it true Larry once got bitten by a rattle snake and after 5 agonising days of pain and torture the snake finally died?. (sorry had to throw that in...lol)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on April 15, 2023, 07:44:57 PM

Top of D2 is equivalent to D1 unless the Dubs are the equivalent of Meath.

D3 is Tailteann.