Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

If someone had said to me at rhe start of the year you have to beat Monaghan for a place in the AISF I'd have taken that. I imagine Monaghan fans would feel the same re Armagh also

square_ball

Quote from: blanketattack on June 26, 2023, 09:27:46 AM
Paddy Power have the fixtures already listed for Saturday and Sunday which is different to what I expected.
Also thought Kerry-Tyrone would be 50:50 odds wise.

I've seen online bookies do that before with fixtures. They could well turn out right but at this stage they are just taking a stab in the dark.

I don't think I'd be touching Kerry at 4/9 for this one. Seems too short.

tbrick18

So if Derry beat Cork, and as one of Armagh/Monaghan go through, is that pairing possible in a sf since we've played Armagh in an Ulster Final and Monaghan in the groups?

If not, the one Semi permutation will possibly be Derry v (Kerry/Tyrone or Dublin/Mayo).

Is that right? That's a tough route for Derry if so, but then all routes are tough at this stage.

seafoid

Monaghan have a great chance to get into an all Ireland semi final. After that....

toby47

At what time today can we expect the days/times for games to be confirmed?

yellowcard

Great chance for Armagh to get into a semi final now. Good draw for Derry as well. What way does the semi final draw work or is it known yet?

Milltown Row2

A Derry, Kerry and Dublin treble for me, would bet them on a through to next round as one of them will probably serve up a draw

Armagh Monaghan too tight to call
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2023, 09:24:18 AM
Controversial but Cork to beat Derry.

Possibly Mayo to beat Dublin.

Can't see Tyrone beating Kerry.

Armagh and Monaghan a funny one. Armagh to hammer Monaghan or Monaghan to win a tight game.
Cork could be wrecked after pulling wins out of the bag late on the last two weekends
Possible as Dublin aren't a patch on their Jim Gavin teams and Roscommon should have beaten them a few weeks ago
Why can't you see it? Have beaten Kerry in their last three matches. 
Armagh aren't set up to hammer any team this year.  Hopefully not penalties to decide it.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 26, 2023, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: full moon on June 25, 2023, 05:08:41 PM
Tyrone Kerry
Monaghan Armagh
Dublin Mayo
Cork Derry

Best draw for neutrals

Full Moon called it right.
Derry, Armagh and Monaghan must be happy with that draw and have a great chance of making the semis.
Was thinking last night when watching TSG when Cavanagh and Tomas O'Se were discussing Canavan bros v the Clifford bros that we'll probably see that next weekend.
No doubt Kerry will be all out for revenge after the 2021 show. Wonder would they let us put the match back a few weeks?

No problem at all. We'll play it in Garvaghey aswell shur hi.. ;D

Surely can have 3 Nordy convoys travelling down same day so was thinking Derry v Cork (fans will be like Persians v 300..literally) and Kerry v Tyrone on the Saturday. But who knows with the GAA.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Armamike

If we lose we lose. Just no extra time and penalties please!
That's just, like your opinion man.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Armamike on June 26, 2023, 09:56:40 AM
If we lose we lose. Just no extra time and penalties please!

You know that extra time and penalties are a certainty in that game...lol

Estimator

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 26, 2023, 09:38:19 AM
So if Derry beat Cork, and as one of Armagh/Monaghan go through, is that pairing possible in a sf since we've played Armagh in an Ulster Final and Monaghan in the groups?

If not, the one Semi permutation will possibly be Derry v (Kerry/Tyrone or Dublin/Mayo).

Is that right? That's a tough route for Derry if so, but then all routes are tough at this stage.

No repeat pairings in the semi final either!
Ulster League Champions 2009

full moon

Quote from: Estimator on June 26, 2023, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 26, 2023, 09:38:19 AM

No repeat pairings in the semi final either!
Semi finals are an open draw surely?

blanketattack

If Kerry-Tyrone is a double header with Armagh-Monaghan, I presume the 3 Ulster teams will be shouting for Tyrone?

clarshack

Derry have had a handy oul path to the semis.