Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It's double header for Monaghan at Tullamore with the minors on first  v Kerry. It's a good location for the games and I'd say both Kildare and Monaghan are at ease with their pairing. Both teams are riddled with inconsistency, difficult to guess who's gonna turn up but I just see the Kildare giants easily  slicing through the porous Monaghan defence, just as they did in the league. Yet Kildare got relegated then, some hope exists I suppose.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Main Street on June 19, 2023, 05:21:35 PM
It's double header for Monaghan at Tullamore with the minors on first  v Kerry. It's a good location for the games and I'd say both Kildare and Monaghan are at ease with their pairing. Both teams are riddled with inconsistency, difficult to guess who's gonna turn up but I just see the Kildare giants easily  slicing through the porous Monaghan defence, just as they did in the league. Yet Kildare got relegated then, some hope exists I suppose.

Kildare played Monaghan in the keague?
Monaghan are Div 1,   Kildare are Div 2.

armaghniac

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 05:39:55 PM

Where did he say that they played them this year, he said "then".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Seafoid, who's offering Armagh at 9/1 odds? Thanks

Blowitupref

Quote from: Derryman forever on June 19, 2023, 05:39:55 PM

He's talking about last year when Kildare won in Newbridge against Monaghan 0-24 to 1-12.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

That seems so long ago. We mauled Monaghan that day. Serious football but that's what we can do IF we are let and get little resistance...it'll be very different on Saturday.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 19, 2023, 06:17:16 PM

Fairly shite odds. Armagh have to play 3 games and that implies 3 games pretty much 50:50. The QFs might be 50:50 if we play the likes of Monaghan/Kildare/Cork/Roscommon, but it gets harder after that.
Perhaps we'll beat a Connacht side after extra time, then beat Dublin and Kerry by a point, 2002 style.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2023, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on June 19, 2023, 06:17:16 PM

Fairly shite odds. Armagh have to play 3 games and that implies 3 games pretty much 50:50. The QFs might be 50:50 if we play the likes of Monaghan/Kildare/Cork/Roscommon, but it gets harder after that.
Perhaps we'll beat a Connacht side after extra time, then beat Dublin and Kerry by a point, 2002 style.
They were 25/1 a week ago

Eire90

u think they would have done two saturday two sunday

Blowitupref

Was speculation that the All Ireland Quarter finals would be played in provincial venues this year but not so as its confirmed this afternoon that all 4 will be played in Croke Park on July 1st and 2nd.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

5times5times

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2023, 03:49:44 PM
Surprise surprise € ;D

Do you not think QF'inalists deserve/want them to be in Croker? It means 2x double-headers. win-win for everyone

Rossfan

Not if you draw feckin Dublin.
And Dublin crowd will only pile in for their game.
At least if in the now unlikely event we bate Cork we can't draw Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn