Ulster U20 and Minor Championships 2024

Started by Captain Obvious, March 22, 2023, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Estimator on April 21, 2023, 11:19:14 AM
Down senior panel named, and despite the report in the Irish News, Murdoch will be available for the U20s as he is in the 26.

I don't think Murdock is in the 26

Walter Cronc

Right who's winning it. Derry likely to be missing 2 best players. Down at full strength?

Wildweasel74

Derry the stronger team at full strength. McAvoy def not start, probably either, Murray. Downey I wouldn't be sure about.

Wildweasel74

Can you be on the subs, not come on, and still be able to play on Saturday?

grounded

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 24, 2023, 09:50:04 PM
Can you be on the subs, not come on, and still be able to play on Saturday?

I think so.  According to this piece in Irish news.

' If those players were to play any part in the Ulster U20 semi-final against Donegal next Wednesday night, either starting or as a substitute, they would be rendered ineligible for Derry seniors' game against Fermanagh next Saturday.

The motion passed at Congress in February had read that a player involved with the county's U20s may only play senior championship "in each seven-day period (Friday morning to the following Thursday night). Coming on as a substitute constitutes playing a game." '

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/04/04/news/no_plans_to_revisit_u20_ruling_say_gaa-3183534/

grounded

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 24, 2023, 06:16:30 PM
Right who's winning it. Derry likely to be missing 2 best players. Down at full strength?

Bookies have Derry odds on 10/11. +1 handicap.  Down on a good run though and creating lots of goal chances. Looking forward to it.

shawshank

Bookies don't know the inside track. Mc Avoy nor Murray playing due to the senior semi final on Saturday. Changes everything. Another Gaa balls up that is easy to remedy. i.e. they could play two games in a week for one week.

grounded

Quote from: shawshank on April 25, 2023, 01:46:02 PM
Bookies don't know the inside track. Mc Avoy nor Murray playing due to the senior semi final on Saturday. Changes everything. Another Gaa balls up that is easy to remedy. i.e. they could play two games in a week for one week.

Ha! Bookies always know the inside track. Very few Barney Curley moves get past them now.

p3427977

Walter Cronc

ardtole

Apparently Down captain Ryan Magill is out injured for the Derry game. Played very well in the division 3 nfl matched for the seniors. Would be a considerable loss for the u20s.

Walter Cronc

Murray and McEvoy not listed for tomorrow night.

screenexile

PP have Derry 6/5 outsiders and Bet365 8/11 favs... who knows 🤷‍♂️