Vapes/E-ciggarettes

Started by Ghost, February 28, 2023, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

What's everyone's view on the increased use of these? In a few years time are we going to be hit with studies showing the harmful effects of them.

I'd say they're less harmful than cigarettes and probably good for people trying to quit but it's scary the amount of non smokers and particularly young people using them nowadays.

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. I

J70

Better than smoking for sure, but also has risks. Weren't there concerns about chemicals such as diacetyl?

Time will tell.

bennydorano

They just can't be good for you in any shape or form. Can see the getting of fags justification but non smokers starting them are helmets.

Armagh18

Probably only slightly less unhealthy than fags, no telling what all those chemicals and shite will do to you. Every bit as addictive as well with all the different flavours you can get- the little disposable vapes are far too handy. Used one over a couple of nights one time and mouth was sore for a solid week after.

Milltown Row2

Eldest daughter never smoked, went to college and works in bar in town, has been vaping for a year! Its what they do now, crazy altogether

I find it bizarre tbh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

I suspect there will be a clamping down on these soon enough. With all of the range of fruity flavours it is clear that they are a magnet for kids. If the only flavour was tobacco for instance I doubt they would be as popular with kids.

Upandover

Was vaping for about a year, off them 3 weeks, withdrawal has been like coming off heroin, absolutely brutal.

Main Street

Quote from: Upandover on February 28, 2023, 05:39:43 PM
Was vaping for about a year, off them 3 weeks, withdrawal has been like coming off heroin, absolutely brutal.
What made it brutal?
Was it nicotine withdrawal symptoms plus extra vape related stuff?
Did you try and wean yourself off? weaning off  nicotine is a masochistic method.
Going cold turkey is by far the best method to kick the nicotine addiction, it gets easier by the day

general_lee

Best way to give them up is to vape in the mirror. do people who vape realise they look like a complete fanny? Why not just smoke proper bines. In for a penny and all that

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on February 28, 2023, 06:22:10 PM
Best way to give them up is to vape in the mirror. do people who vape realise they look like a complete fanny? Why not just smoke proper bines. In for a penny and all that

It looks likes just daft! The size of some of them!!

Thought it must be a complete money making machine!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on February 28, 2023, 04:40:38 PM
I suspect there will be a clamping down on these soon enough. With all of the range of fruity flavours it is clear that they are a magnet for kids. If the only flavour was tobacco for instance I doubt they would be as popular with kids.
Agreed. In years to come they'll be looked on like cigarettes as totally awful for your health.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2023, 06:53:27 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 28, 2023, 06:22:10 PM

It looks likes just daft! The size of some of them!!

Thought it must be a complete money making machine!!
The wee small elf bars are handy on a night out as you don't have to go outside to have a puff- flavours are lovely and totally addictive.

dec

https://scitechdaily.com/new-harmful-effects-of-vaping-study-finds-lung-inflammation-worse-in-e-cigarette-users-than-smokers/
"A recent study, published in The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, has found that individuals who use electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, experience greater lung inflammation compared to cigarette smokers and non-smokers. This is the first study to demonstrate that using e-cigarettes to vape e-liquids results in a unique inflammatory response in the lungs that is separate from the response seen in cigarette smoking...."

Upandover

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2023, 05:50:14 PM
What made it brutal?
Did you try and wean yourself off? weaning off  nicotine is a masochistic method.
Going cold turkey is by far the best method to kick the nicotine addiction, it gets easier by the day

Anxiety, feeling low all the time, lethargic, irritable, headaches, it was an absolutely brutal experience tbh.
It was cold turkey, just stopped.
Im a nurse in local hospital and consultants are saying that 5-10 years we will see untild health complications related to vaping.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Upandover on March 01, 2023, 08:33:34 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2023, 05:50:14 PM
What made it brutal?

Anxiety, feeling low all the time, lethargic, irritable, headaches, it was an absolutely brutal experience tbh.
It was cold turkey, just stopped.
Im a nurse in local hospital and consultants are saying that 5-10 years we will see untild health complications related to vaping.

From a fathers point of view my daughter would be anxious at the best of times and that bit wouldn't fill me with hope that she would stop. But hey they are big ass adults now, they have to make their own mistakes and learn from them.