Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 02, 2023, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on April 02, 2023, 04:02:43 PM
Dubs should have had another 3/4 goals
Should have won by about 10-12 points
Derry one way to play & that's it

We'll see how that goes in the Ulster Semi

Monaghan v fermanagh will be a decent game

tyrone08

Dublin could have easily scored 6 or 7 goals. Gallagher has and always be a one trick pony. Well drilled side but game plan based around getting a new early lead and keeping it.

The goal keeper will l get caught out come championship with all his run forwards.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 02, 2023, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on April 02, 2023, 04:02:43 PM
Dubs should have had another 3/4 goals
Should have won by about 10-12 points
Derry one way to play & that's it

We'll see how that goes in the Ulster Semi

You're a bit rattled Walter. T'is only the league.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

CK_Redhand

It's only the league. Division 2 final. Derry won the more important match in celtic Park.

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 02, 2023, 03:30:53 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 02, 2023, 03:24:11 PM
FT Dublin 4-6 Derry 0-11.  The Dubs haven't gone away. Back to drawing board for Derry as if they defend like that in the championship it will be early exit for them.

Ten Scores in 70 minutes. A soft penalty and a flukey Goal. They still have a lot of work to do. As usual they will be hard beat at home!

10 scores from 22 shots on goal. Certainly have plenty to work on and up against a very loose Derry defence today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

befair

Home advantage is significant, but that's the way it is

Piskin

Dublin deserved winners.

sam03/05

Derry will win nothing so long as Lynch is their keeper

marty34

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 02, 2023, 05:34:39 PM

Strange thing is when the Dublin lad had fisted the ball against the post (easier to score it must be said), he was turning away looking for the ball for the next kick-out. I thought it was a bit stranga. Needs to concentrate a bit more.

He does a good jman at killing space out the field on opposition kick outs butwill get exposed in and around his box - i.e. the fisted goal. He was very static.

Wake up for Derry and plenty to work on in the next few weeks. The panel seems light enough.  I said that a while ago. Gallagher hasn't used enough panel members in the league.  In fairness, I understand thst to a certain extent as he wanted his best players to get promoted.  Therefore, he had to go strong in all of the games.

With that, he doesn't get to try many new players and that was seen today with no Mc Kaigue and then Glass got injured. Players coming in made no impact.

There's bound to be 3 or 4 'seasoned' players in the county who could do a job for him.

tbrick18

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 02, 2023, 05:34:39 PM

Won ulster with him and got to an AI semi last year.

tbrick18

Missing 2 out of 3 in the full back line today and it showed.
U20s players are a key part of this team.

Derry look like they've just put in a serious week of training so I wouldn't be too concerned about the goals going in.
We dominated first half and should prob have had 2 goals and a penalty for a foot block.
Second half, Dublin goals were the difference and they could have had more. Though the first one was definitely a square ball.
Biggest concern now is injuries.

Lot of nonsense talked about derrys game not working on the wide open croke Park pitch. Owenbeag dime signs are the exact same as croke pitch and the game works there ok.

This game was all about putting in a performance and we got that in the first half.
Losing glass was huge.
Couple of refereeing decisions at key moments didn't help us, but Dublin deserved the result.
I don't think they are world beaters though.

Lynch didn't have the usual protection but he still did well with a couple of good saves, good kickouts and did well out the field.

I'd say Gallagher is reasonably content.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: yellowcard on April 02, 2023, 02:19:15 PM
Dublin look like a spent force to me. They've won it all and are still soldiering with a lot of the same players so you can only assume that there is very little coming through.

Lots of players relatively new to the scene this season/last season. O'Gara, O'Hanlon, Gannon, Newcombe.  O'Dell and Lahiff only a few seasons in too. 

The problem isn't bringing in new players that perform fairly well, it's that they (unsurprisingly) aren't quite up to the standard of player Dublin have had the past decade.

marty34

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 02, 2023, 06:01:15 PM

Derry look like they've just put in a serious week of training so I wouldn't be too concerned about the goals going in.
We dominated first half and should prob have had 2 goals and a penalty for a foot block.
Second half, Dublin goals were the difference and they could have had more. Though the first one was definitely a square ball.

Lot of nonsense talked about derrys game not working on the wide open croke Park pitch. Owenbeag dime signs are the exact same as croke pitch and the game works there ok.

This game was all about putting in a performance and we got that in the first half.
Losing glass was huge.
Couple of refereeing decisions at key moments didn't help us, but Dublin deserved the result.

Lynch didn't have the usual protection but he still did well with a couple of good saves, good kickouts and did well out the field.

Funny, in the two games at Croke Park, they've been badly beaten.

Explain that.

Plus I'd say Gallagher will not be "reasonably content". He would have wanted to beat Dublin especially in Croke Park.

screenexile

It's the pitch clearly... nothing to do with playing good teams 🙄

tbrick18

Quote from: marty34 on April 02, 2023, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on April 02, 2023, 06:01:15 PM

Losing glass was huge.

Funny, in the two games at Croke Park, they've been badly beaten.

Explain that.

Plus I'd say Gallagher will not be "reasonably content". He would have wanted to beat Dublin especially in Croke Park.

Well there were 3 games in croke  over last season and this season.
We beat Clare,  a team we're probably better than.
We got beat by Galway and Dublin. Dublin full of all Ireland winners and Galway who won div 2 last year. So both arguably better teams than us.
What's that got to do with a pitch.
Utter nonsense.