Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2023, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2023, 08:27:30 PM
Also as with any county it's their own fault if they're underachieving. Dublin can't be blamed for everything.

The depth in Leinster has got very poor.

The next few weeks should tell us where cork are and if there's anyone decent other than Kerry.
The structure in Leinster was dysfunctional for a decade. A "generation" of Kildare footballers didn't learn anything.
Meath are the same. Very fragile.  Both counties are playing catch up now. The irony is that Dublin are probably beatable but neither county is in a position to take advantage of that.

And by the time they get their act together, Dublin will have re-grouped again.

seafoid

Captain Scarlet

Kildare are decent underage but then it just doesn't follow on to senior and there are decent players who just seem to be lost. Again I'll hark back to Murphy on comms wondering what exactly we were trying to do at any given time? Like we just seem to be wandering up the field and then seeing what happens.

If you go to a Kildare club game there are too many times where the county men just don't stand out either. In fact many times they are the ones making silly mistakes at crucial times. Not enough of them are managing games at club level, so they get totally flustered by the like of Derry coming at them with a tough system.

But, right now the lads inside are mostly the best we have. I always say that we have experienced players who never seem to learn from their experience.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

Sure, we will go at it again now...I have zero clue how we will do against Louth!

They could suddenly click and turn it on, but I imagine it will be a struggle. Just block the D and Kildare have no Plan B! That's what the opposition need to remember and it even rhymes!!

Derry should beat Dublin too. I thought the Dubs would kick on more but they are still ropey.

Any other news stirring?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 03, 2023, 05:29:06 PM
Sure, we will go at it again now...I have zero clue how we will do against Louth!

They could suddenly click and turn it on, but I imagine it will be a struggle. Just block the D and Kildare have no Plan B! That's what the opposition need to remember and it even rhymes!!

Derry should beat Dublin too. I thought the Dubs would kick on more but they are still ropey.

Any other news stirring?

The amount of men tipping Derry for the win tomorrow night is giving me the jitters!

imtommygunn

Worst thing could happen derry is a heavy defeat...

Hopefully they win but still plenty of life in that dublin team and they have just beat what's in front of them so far.

Wildweasel74

Beginning to think we fall flat on our face. I said Derry beat Dublin way bck at the start of the league, and our only defeat be Kildare in Newbridge. So that hasn't turned out as I thought it go. Derry been alot better off if they went into the game as underdogs. If Dublin beat them, it wouldn't be a suprise, as nobody was given a chance against Dublin at the start of the league.

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 03, 2023, 07:35:24 PM
Beginning to think we fall flat on our face. I said Derry beat Dublin way bck at the start of the league, and our only defeat be Kildare in Newbridge. So that hasn't turned out as I thought it go. Derry been alot better off if they webt into the game as underdogs. If Dublin beat them, it wouldn't be a suprise, as nobody was given a chance against Dublin at the start of the league.
If Derry kick the ball they should be able to beat Dublin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWJbVOsMxmY&t=1215s

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 03, 2023, 07:35:24 PM
Beginning to think we fall flat on our face. I said Derry beat Dublin way bck at the start of the league, and our only defeat be Kildare in Newbridge. So that hasn't turned out as I thought it go. Derry been alot better off if they went into the game as underdogs. If Dublin beat them, it wouldn't be a suprise, as nobody was given a chance against Dublin at the start of the league.

The Galway, league, game last year probably plants some doubts. Even a defeat is fine as long as no hammering and you still get promoted. It's an interesting game. I think mcconville could be right and Dublin are more in training mode - for me irrespective of what happens here they are the only team who could beat Kerry.

Captain Scarlet

I was convinced the Dubs would blow everyone away, and I know their shooting was terrible against Kildare but even since Cork and Clare could have won.
Derry were at their ease against us and still hammered us. They shut up shop while also getting in to hurt us. The Dubs were much easier to get at.

Gael85

Would expect Derry to win well.  Dublin are struggling for form but have a few lads to come back later in year.

Captain Obvious

Watching the opening 15 minutes. I'm not sure if it's the case that Derry have showed Dublin too much respect or their style of play doesn't suit against Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Strange that Dublin were not favourites but plenty time yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Dublin are playing well. Derry look very heavy legged and some poor shooting

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2023, 05:22:52 PM
Strange that Dublin were not favourites but plenty time yet
They'll be favourites in the half time odds.