Vegetable roll

Started by john mcgill, June 11, 2007, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: stew on June 14, 2007, 02:59:20 AM
A cowboy supper with chips cooked in white cap, deadly for the aul ticker but tremendous chips all the same. Split a sausage in half and put between two slices of buttered bread then add some baked beans, a couple of sliced mushroms and chips covered in brown sauce and then eat til full. Now that is some feeding after a night on the batter.

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 14, 2007, 04:12:11 AM
Swap red sauce for the brown sauce Stew and you have a proper feed there. The best chippy for a Cowboy Supper is Ned Kellys in Newry, even though he doesnt call it a Cowboy Supper.

Am I missing something ?

heganboy

QuoteAm I missing something ?

yes
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stephenite

Quote from: heganboy on June 14, 2007, 05:32:21 AM
QuoteAm I missing something ?

yes

Errm , it's been one of those days, that's all I can say :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

The emoticons for taking a redner on this board aren't as good as the old ones

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Great posting, heganboy.

Must get meself a big apple crumble. We never called them pies or tarts. Just a big apple crumble.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

johnneycool

There's an art to cooking a decent veg roll according to a lad I used to share a house with who used to work in a butchers on a saturday.

When cooking a fry, do the veg roll first with very little oil and before your finished the pan will be floating and then you fry your soda's, potato bread etc in the veg roll fat.
It's the healthier option  ;D

Great Leap Forward

I tried that technique myself manys a time but the chest pains after it were unbearable. I am not to sure whether it was indigestion or my heart sending out a flare signal.

It does give some kick to the fried egg though.

Hurler on the Bitch

Classic was in my days as a waiter in the Europa - watching two americans, who asked if there was "anything vegetarian on the breakfast menu?" being told "Yeah, vegetable roll" and watching them scoff loads of it thinking it was made of soya bean .......

downredblack

Food related , Is there anywhere in Newry you can get potted herrings ?

downredblack

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 26, 2007, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: downredblack on September 26, 2007, 09:47:31 AM
Food related , Is there anywhere in Newry you can get potted herrings ?

Try Omeath on a Thursday or Friday, look out for Morgans van or a stall selling fish.

Give them a call on  0035342-9375128

Fairplay 5times.