Sinn Fein - Finished in the Republic

Started by Pietas, June 11, 2007, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy Che

The small but virulent loyalist/unionist cabal that stalk this board are getting quite tiring.  Constant bitter attacks on S.F. and personal abuse reserved for S.F. leadership, repetition of the same old gombeen lies and cliche.  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts.
Fact-this board is open to all and l find much of it quite entertaining , educational even.
l question the motives of OWCers spending more time here than on their own site!
l have visited OWC and find most of the rants there puerile esp. the thread about schoolgirls..there is also a sectarian element when the political arena is entered.
We've had years of that crap, so do us all a favour and keep the hatred to your own wee dark corner.
Midnight to Six..

SuperMac

Quote from: Fluffy Che on June 12, 2007, 07:46:36 PM
The small but virulent loyalist/unionist cabal that stalk this board are getting quite tiring.  Constant bitter attacks on S.F. and personal abuse reserved for S.F. leadership, repetition of the same old gombeen lies and cliche.  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts.
Fact-this board is open to all and l find much of it quite entertaining , educational even.
l question the motives of OWCers spending more time here than on their own site!
l have visited OWC and find most of the rants there puerile esp. the thread about schoolgirls..there is also a sectarian element when the political arena is entered.
We've had years of that crap, so do us all a favour and keep the hatred to your own wee dark corner.

"  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts. " Yeah, I think I'll do the same with E.G. I mean, fair enough even a unionist can make a relevant point from time to time, but that oaf is beyond patience.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: SuperMac on June 12, 2007, 07:55:49 PM

"  l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts. " Yeah, I think I'll do the same with E.G. I mean, fair enough even a unionist can make a relevant point from time to time, but that oaf is beyond patience.

Hear, hear! All for free speech, but not repeated, and repeated, and repeated... ad nauseam. There's a cabal on this board who'd be better off checking themselves into the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder clinic, and quickly, i.e.,those who believe that if they assert something loud enough and often enough it'll come true. An excellent ruse to turn people right off what you write off.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fluffy Che

My point exactly , reasoned argument and open debate are to be welcomed but when its the same old hackneyed line, hammered home again and again, well...its hard to read never mind reply to!
Of course, nothing stopping me going over to OWC and doing the same thing there but...lifes too short.
Midnight to Six..

magickingdom

l'm bored, have stopped reading a lot of their posts.

that should solve your problem then..

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 12, 2007, 08:03:39 PM
Hear, hear! All for free speech, but not repeated, and repeated, and repeated... ad nauseam.

its still free speech ffs..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on June 12, 2007, 08:20:57 PM

Hear, hear! All for free speech, but not repeated, and repeated, and repeated... ad nauseam.

And, your point is? All I'm saying there is that it washes right over eventually, and defeats the purpose of posting something to have it read in the first place (presuming that's the intention).

Fluffy Che

The point being that if you write a post then you would reasonably expect others to read it, maybe even enter a debate on the subject. The opposite is happening...not all that Magick then!
Midnight to Six..

SammyG

Can you give us a few examples of this sectarianism or some of the puerile rants?

magickingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 12, 2007, 08:22:30 PM

And, your point is? All I'm saying there is that it washes right over eventually, and defeats the purpose of posting something to have it read in the first place (presuming that's the intention).

my point is your either for free speech (ad nauseam) or not, its a binary thing...

Fluffy Che

Midnight to Six..

SammyG

Quote from: Fluffy Che on June 12, 2007, 09:07:02 PM
With the examples again....

With the ridiculous, unture allegations again....

GweylTah

I agree, they should all piss off and shut up - or else.

GAA Board for All !

Fishead_Sam

OK lets leave SF alone, is it not the Greens who are now about become the new symbol of a morally corrupt Ireland.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on June 12, 2007, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 12, 2007, 08:22:30 PM

my point is your either for free speech (ad nauseam) or not, its a binary thing...

Then your point completely misses the point: repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, etc., (i.e., of the same point/assertion/accusation...) constitutes little more than noise after a short while, and as such it will not contribute to any worthwhile discussion or debate. Free speech does not  involve repeating the same speech verbatim, and noise is not free speech, there are areas of grey.

deiseach

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 12, 2007, 10:00:31 PM
OK lets leave SF alone, is it not the Greens who are now about become the new symbol of a morally corrupt Ireland.

:D