Meath vs Dublin 17th June

Started by meathie, June 05, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

In a way you're right, HIB. If we just turn up and play well, that's all that's expected. It's a most unusual background for a Dublin-Meath encounter, but given where we're trying to climb out of, if we don't get beaten by much by the overwhelming favourites for Leinster and the strong fancies for the AI title, that will represent progress and we'll go into the qualifiers happy and confident. All the pressure is on Dublin. And any tiny little contribution I can make to increase that pressure, I'm more than happy to!

INDIANA

In a way you're right, HIB. If we just turn up and play well, that's all that's expected. It's a most unusual background for a Dublin-Meath encounter, but given where we're trying to climb out of, if we don't get beaten by much by the overwhelming favourites for Leinster and the strong fancies for the AI title, that will represent progress and we'll go into the qualifiers happy and confident. All the pressure is on Dublin. And any tiny little contribution I can make to increase that pressure, I'm more than happy to!  

wouldn't agree -this idea a team has nothing to lose is bullshit. everyone expects meath to perform on sunday the last day they didn't because everyone said they were a div 2 outfit- i think there is huge pressue on meath on sunday to see if they can step up to the plate and put back to back performances together.
This sunday their support expect - two weeks ago they hoped- there is a big difference.

Billys Boots

Quotethis idea a team has nothing to lose is bullshit

It must be great to know everything Yoda!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Star Spangler

QuoteAll the pressure is on Dublin.

A Meath win so!  :D

Hound

Quote from: Hardy on June 13, 2007, 12:51:08 PM
Hardy, we've moved on from the first game. We're talking about the replay here.

Hardy

Great scrambling to try and distribute the pressure, lads but it's plain as the frown on Pillar's face where the pressure is concentrated. THe Meath team, management and supporters are going around with grins on their faces, just happy to be the thorn in Dublin's side again. Don't get me wrong – we fully expect to do the job this time but if we don't there'll be nothing but satisfaction at a good start for the new management and eager anticipation of the qualifiers.

No public recriminations, no media inquests, no accusations of lack of bottle, no pressure on management to deliver or quit, no expectation from supporters to be continually acknowledged as part of the team and saluted from the pitch, no nagging doubts, no jitters, no yips standing over the free, no haunting foreboding when the team takes the lead that it's just certain to be hauled back (again), no glum, scowling, anxiety-contorted faces.

No pressure.

Stagmeister

I suppose your right Hardy Dublin would be going in to this game under more pressure than Meath...but I dont think the pressure is going to have any bearing on the outcome of the game because at the end of the day Dublin know that if they play to about 80% of their potential they should win the game with two or three points to spare where as Meath need to perform at their best to have any chance of winning

Also whichever 1 of the dublin defenders sees that tub of lard Joe Sheridan waiting for them on the pitch Sunday def wont be feeling the pressure...they'll be thinkin more along the lines of This is my lucky day!!

BTW good luck in the qualifiers seeing as your already consigned to defeat...back to scraping past the likes of leitrim after extra time, ye really showed ye're bottle in that tight win if only the dubs were capable of pulling off such impressive victorys!!

Hardy

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hardy on June 13, 2007, 02:24:18 PM
– we fully expect to do the job this time but if we don't there'll be nothing but satisfaction at a good start for the new management and eager anticipation of the qualifiers.

That's how Luke Dempsey felt about Longford's moral victory against the Dubs last year.

One swallow does not a summer make.

;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hardy

But one more stumble can a summer ruin. 

(Just keeping that pressure on  :)).

Star Spangler

Interesting reading.  As a neutral I can see the badly hidden nervousness in the posts by the Dublin supporters and this tells me this could be a game not to miss on tv!

Stagmeister

Quote from: Hardy on June 13, 2007, 03:36:10 PM
But one more stumble can a summer ruin. 

(Just keeping that pressure on  :)).

It would actually take two more stumbles to ruin the summer with the qualifiers in operation

Declan

Watched the first game again last night. Brolly and O'Rourke went for Meath in the replay on the basis of same old Dublin and it's hard to blame them. I disagree with them though - Dublin by 2

dubsnsubs

Analysis of the Dublin team v Meath........
Stephen Cluxton....Dodgy Temprement, poor under high ball, poor kick outs.
David Henry...Not tight enough, driven by revenge for the two thumps, not a real corner back.
Ross McConnell..Inexperienced, not a real full back, not a good man marker.
Paul Griffin...Nowhere near Bray for his 3 points last match. Going through rough patch. Not good.
Paul Casey...Not a footballer. Cant pass. Should be replaced.
Bryan Cullen.. Not a great centre back. Found wanting last 3 games in Croker. Dodgy.
Barry Cahill..Hasnt shone in HB line. Probably should be on subs bench.
Ciaran Whelan..Too tempremental. Drifts in and out of games. Past his sell by date.
Darren Magee..Too slow, not up to pace of Champo, leaves too much to Whelo.
Collie Moran.. Converted HB. Does'nt score enough. Not captain material.
Shane Ryan...Not a forward. Cant shoot better suited to HB line or midfield.
Diarmuid Connolly...Too young and inexperienced, probably should'nt start, wont score enough.
Conal Keaney...Really a converted hurler, should score more goals, has had bad days.
Alan Brogan...Too selfish, does'nt score enough, cheats for his goals, does'nt look up.
Mossy Quinn...Cant take frees, drifts in and out of games, has been found wanting on big occassion.
Management...Dont react quick enough, dodgy team selections.

Prediction......Dubs to win by 5 or 6!

Hardy