Mayo V Monaghan Qualifier

Started by joemamas, May 23, 2022, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

Monaghan get a black card, and instead of pushing up on the kick-out, Mayo allow them easy possession. Poor management

Hound

Quote from: befair on June 04, 2022, 04:13:13 PM
Monaghan get a black card, and instead of pushing up on the kick-out, Mayo allow them easy possession. Poor management
Mayo have been pushing up!!
Monaghan have struggled to get out of their own half since the black card

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Hound on June 04, 2022, 04:07:55 PM
Silly by McManus. Ref got it right though with the black

Correct decision also for the foot block and pen for Mayo.

Not the sort of foul the black card was intended for though. Correct decision however.

Baile an tuaigh

That point by Jack MCCarron there was out standing third point already.

greensandgold1

Monaghan have to be happy only down by three considering they have been outplayed
Mayo with only one wide
Monaghan have four or five

thewobbler

Decent game.

Mayo throwing loose handpasses around and hitting a few blind alleys, shows how well Monaghan have been able to cut off the angles. I worried they might get blown away after 10 mins but they are working so hard.

AOS has been excellent. McLaughlin and Carney look like they could be proper strings to the Mayo bow.

Conor McManus is done. McCarron a pleasure to watch.

Referee has been unusually competent.

Captain Obvious

How often to do ever hit just 1 wide in a half? Mayo goal from a penalty and played 10 minutes of that half with the man advantage.

Monaghan with numbers back but more marking space than their men. McCarron their only forward playing to his capabilities.

Baile an tuaigh

Monaghan have the breeze now. I think they will win it if the can keep it calm.

Gael85

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 04, 2022, 04:53:58 PM
Monaghan have the breeze now. I think they will win it if the can keep it calm.

Monaghan haven't a hope. Lack firepower outside of McCarron.

straightred

Quote from: thewobbler on June 04, 2022, 04:43:22 PM
Decent game.

Mayo throwing loose handpasses around and hitting a few blind alleys, shows how well Monaghan have been able to cut off the angles. I worried they might get blown away after 10 mins but they are working so hard.

AOS has been excellent. McLaughlin and Carney look like they could be proper strings to the Mayo bow.

Conor McManus is done. McCarron a pleasure to watch.

Referee has been unusually competent.
He's been terrible. That free at he start of the 2nd half typical of him. Nothing in it - handy point for Mayo. McManus is finished - too many miles on the clock

straightred

cassidy again. Overruling the umpire - clear 45

J70

greensandgold1

Mayo look to be tiring
Not a surprise considering how they played on first half

full moon

2nd half is awful stuff. 21 minutes without a score from either side. As bad as Ulster final

straightred

Quote from: full moon on June 04, 2022, 05:20:14 PM
2nd half is awful stuff. 21 minutes without a score from either side. As bad as Ulster final
you can cross both teams off the list of potential Sam winners