Derry V Donegal Ulster final 2022

Started by shawshank, May 16, 2022, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: 5times5times on May 29, 2022, 06:41:41 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 29, 2022, 06:40:09 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2022, 06:20:00 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 29, 2022, 06:18:08 PM
Stone wall penalty not given at the death.

Lol bad day Rudy??

Derry  deserved their win & fair play, but it was definitely a penalty. Enjoy your nite Screen.

No surprises it was mchugh throwing himself to the ground at the end. Been at it for years

You boys were probably mouthing the same shite a few years back when he missed half a year with concussion after a series of high hits to the head.

imtommygunn

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well done to the Muckers, not the most attractive spectacle by any means, not that they could give a toss about that.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

Didn't see the second half, but how many big games have Donegal lost these last few years alone. I reckon Bonner will be gone whenever they exit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redzone

Mchugh throws himself into the tacklers arm half the time. That's his own fault he gets concussion. The other half theres nothing wrong with him but he still goes down.

seafoid

Well done Derry hi. Best in Ulster. Surely better than D1.

Eire90

derry winning that might have calm talks of getting rid of provincials for a a while

Gael80

Quote from: sligoman2 on May 29, 2022, 05:56:21 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2022, 05:51:51 PM
Quote from: Gael80 on May 29, 2022, 05:42:02 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2022, 05:33:37 PM
Commentators are desperately negative. This is a meat grinder of a match. Padraig Mc Grogan tackle earlier was incredible.

You must be watching on RTE, the BBC coverage is excellent, during the match and the analysis from Harte, McConville and Canavan. BBC by far the best GAA coverage at the minute.

Yes correct watching the game on gaago. I don't understand why Darragh Maloney doesn't get the gig. It was a huge passion killer for me to hear Marty Morrisey and Kevin Mc Stay talking, Christ their awful and then that big school boy Colm O Rourke chirping in he would depress a clown with his continuously droll negative voice.
Marty's not the passion killer the shyte 400 hand passes over and back is.  So sad to see the game I loved so well reduced to this unwatchable snooze fest .

When you have a view of Ulster football it's difficult to see any positives. I agree the tactics used wouldn't appeal to everyone but the tackling, Murphy's point, McGuigans catch under the bar when he could barely walk and Derry's relentless defending at the end were great. It's the only final worth watching this weekend and yet again whilst the Provincial system remains where would the GAA be without the Ulster Championship.

Also as things stand where would the Ulster Championship be without the BBC coverage? We didn't have to put up with the usual biased RTE coverage today.

doodaa

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2022, 06:46:47 PM
Was it not a foul on the goalie?

That's what I thought unless the rule has been changed that you can tackle the keeper in the square?

theticklemister

I asked the question if Derry won.....

Would we show the same emotion that Armagh showed after 17 years without winning in 1999.

We absolutely did!

J70

Quote from: redzone on May 29, 2022, 07:01:58 PM
Mchugh throws himself into the tacklers arm half the time. That's his own fault he gets concussion. The other half theres nothing wrong with him but he still goes down.

His own fault he gets concussion? ::) :o ;D

knockitdown

Fair play to Derry. Wouldn't have seen that coming even on the back of their league performance. Is it only 3 years from they were in Div 4? There's hope yet for Down  :'(

marty34

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2022, 06:10:40 PM
Brendan Rodgers some player.

Unreal player - some level of fitness.

Played football today like he hurls.

Donegal would have been safer to keep Murphy on edge of square and make Rogers stay there with him.

grounded

Delighted for Derry. Tremendous self belief to push on and win today.

general_lee

Brilliant from Derry and well deserved winners. Had an inkling they'd be fit for Donegal and probably should have saw the game out in normal time had the rules been applied correctly (black card x2). While the whole team put a massive shift a few men really stepped up to the plate, Glass, Loughlin and Rogers who was immense. Think Derry can give the AI a good rattle now and no one will fancy meeting them.