Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: shawshank on July 07, 2022, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: shawshank on July 07, 2022, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:05:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 10:38:48 AM

I asked what has he got against Cavan and you said he was brutal against you in match... then make some crazy remark about having 'links' to Donegal?

As for the 'mark' the ref will blow every time, if player calls for the mark he has 15 seconds to play it, if he doesn't call the mark the player can not be challenged for up to 4 steps.

Not a crazy remark. I live up that part of the country and his links are well known here. I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

He didn't blow it though. That's my point. it was a clear mark, went the distance, inside the 45, and caught cleanly, and McKiernan had his arm up for it. But he didn't even blow for it. Play went on and he was challenged, but this was a definite scoring chance if he gave the mark as he was meant to. All the pundits doing the live match called this as a very bad call. Did he just forget the rule for a moment?

I think you live where the sun don't shine, his wife raised beside us, know him well and he has not got one link to Donegal you clown.

Where did I mention his wife? No need for the clown comment

You didn't mention her. I did, because she lived beside me growing up and thats how I know that the ref has no connections in Donegal. You are the one trying a character assassination, stating you live up that part of the country and the links are well known,  stating he had connections to Donegal when in fact its utter lies, and thats why your a nasty clown.

What sort of humour is he in this week? Would you say he's likely or not likely to wrongfully black card a Cavan player on Saturday?

Dreadnought

Quote from: shawshank on July 07, 2022, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: shawshank on July 07, 2022, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on July 07, 2022, 11:05:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 10:38:48 AM

I asked what has he got against Cavan and you said he was brutal against you in match... then make some crazy remark about having 'links' to Donegal?

As for the 'mark' the ref will blow every time, if player calls for the mark he has 15 seconds to play it, if he doesn't call the mark the player can not be challenged for up to 4 steps.

Not a crazy remark. I live up that part of the country and his links are well known here. I gave you the reason why I felt he was bad towards Cavan in that game, and there were many as literally everyone pointed out afterwards. That was something different I added after.

He didn't blow it though. That's my point. it was a clear mark, went the distance, inside the 45, and caught cleanly, and McKiernan had his arm up for it. But he didn't even blow for it. Play went on and he was challenged, but this was a definite scoring chance if he gave the mark as he was meant to. All the pundits doing the live match called this as a very bad call. Did he just forget the rule for a moment?

I think you live where the sun don't shine, his wife raised beside us, know him well and he has not got one link to Donegal you clown.

Where did I mention his wife? No need for the clown comment

You didn't mention her. I did, because she lived beside me growing up and thats how I know that the ref has no connections in Donegal. You are the one trying a character assassination, stating you live up that part of the country and the links are well known,  stating he had connections to Donegal when in fact its utter lies, and thats why your a nasty clown.

Carachter assassination? Ah here now, listen to yourself, let's not get ridiculous. Oh and it's you're. If you're going to be nasty yourself, at least get it right

full moon

Cassidy is a poor referee. Has went out of his way to screw Cavan in the past. In particular the Ulster final 2020.

Mind you the Kelly referee the last day from Longford and his umpires were even worse. Gave a penalty to Sligo miles out of the box. Few other dodgey decisions for points too

Milltown Row2

So all the ref's have it in for Cavan? f**k me!! The state of these posts..

I hope Westmeath stuff yas and a few black cards thrown in for the craic ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 05:15:03 PM

I have no doubt Cassidy will do his best to see you get your wish.

Milltown Row2

Just concentrate on the football the game and how you'll beat Westmeath...

Been involved in all areas of GAA, I never once looked at who was doing any games I was involved in either playing or managing.. if I didn't know his style of refereeing I'll ask about but that's it.

It's a case of worrying how my team would play and the opposition, now it seems the main opposition is the ref.

Seen a post on fb today with notification on the Hurling final appointment and there are clampits giving off and getting personal with their online abuse and accusations

Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 07:05:30 PM

Been involved in all areas of GAA, I never once looked at who was doing any games I was involved in either playing or managing.. if I didn't know his style of refereeing I'll ask about but that's it.

It's a case of worrying how my team would play and the opposition, now it seems the main opposition is the ref.

Seen a post on fb today with notification on the Hurling final appointment and there are clampits giving off and getting personal with their online abuse and accusations

Wise up

True.

I think the teams and management especially, will be focussing on their game plans and tactics etc.

Too much to do to worry what the referee might/might not do.

Westside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 07:05:30 PM

Wise up

Man, nobody asked and nobody cares what you concentrated on before a game you were involved in.

A referee with a history of making bad calls against us in big games was appointed to the final. It's fair game for discussion.

Hopefully he doesn't have Branigan on the line, he's equally as poor.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 05:15:03 PM

4 big incidents in one huge match pointed out to you. You asked the problem and we backed it up. What more do you want here? He is not a good ref and that's shown. Why you defending him?

GAABoardMod5

Point made...Cavan don't like Mr Cassidy.  Move the discussion along.

Farrandeelin

He's still a poor ref and shouldn't get big matches.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

marty34

See how it goes on Saturday.

Westside

The handicap has gone down to 1 point. It's on a knife edge really. Cavan will be hoping that we have more than we showed against Sligo. If we allow Westmeath the same freedom to run at us, they'll tear us to shreds. i would hope that we can start putting away some of the goal chances we've been creating.

Will teams be named tomorrow?

Wildweasel74

I think Cavan be too strong for Westmeath, they need reduce Heslin influence though who I think a great player but a midfielder playing up front as they need his scoring power.

shark

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 08, 2022, 11:30:41 AM
I think Cavan be too strong for Westmeath, they need reduce Heslin influence though who I think a great player but a midfielder playing up front as they need his scoring power.

He's not really a midfielder playing up front. He has spent the vast majority of his adult life playing at full forward, whether it be for Westmeath, Lomans, or UCD. He did come to prominence initially as a midfielder, when playing in a Leinster u21 final as a 17 year old. But apart from his aerial ability, it doesn't really suit him. His movement at full forward is really good. Rarely looks for the initial ball , but is excellent at coming on the loop once one of his teammates has won the first ball.