Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 10:34:08 AM
Yeah cause if you were going to start on someone you would start on Murphy!  Fact is from someone who was at the match Murphy punched Grugan, you believe what you want. Can't believe you actually are advocating him being punched.

Quote from: redzone on April 05, 2022, 06:22:06 AM
Complete bull. Why is it on other forms that Grugan is getting the blame for trying to start Murphy. He got what was coming to him. Watched him again Meyler that day and he is one sneeky snide player. Why is it these Armagh players seem to have to try and prove there maniless to Geezer and the King of hard men McKeever.

I'm not advocating anything.

(Not that size really matters in those situations anyway)

I'm saying I don't know who to believe about unproven and unpursued allegations and counter allegations. On the internet. You're the one who brought up biased keyboard warriors.

I heard the counter rumours a week ago but didn't bring it up here because what's the point? Especially as I'm about the only Donegal person on here amidst dozens of Armagh ones. Redzone introduced it, you responded and I commented on that.

Someone else said it happened right in front of the linesman. If that's the case, Armagh are well within their rights to ask what he saw.

Average Score

How so - did all 6 players who were suspended have folk in headlocks, did all 20+ others not engage in headlocks - your trolling is a bit pathetic.

yellowcard

Quote from: The Trap on April 05, 2022, 11:08:38 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/60301207.amp

Back to haunt him now.......

I didn't see many (if any) players grabbing others in headlocks so it's not coming back to haunt him in the slightest. Armagh should be far more vocal in the media in defending these players and the injustice. Even Peter Canavan came out today and defended them to a degree, where are all the Armagh pundits. Oisin has been strangely very quiet and we know that the only thing that the GAA react to is a media storm.

thewobbler

The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

yellowcard

Quote from: thewobbler on April 05, 2022, 11:53:55 AM
The media has nothing to do with this folks. You're clutching at straws and confusing the GAA with soccer.

It's all about the referee's report. And once a hearing was requested then it was open season.

You are making the assumption that the referee is not influenced by media commentary and reaction.

5times5times

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........

Average Score

You're deluded or naive.

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on April 05, 2022, 12:11:56 PM

How come the same scrutiny wasn't applied to the Kerry v Dublin game?? But sure northern bias isn't a thing........
Sure that was good manly stuff lads getting to know each other. Not like those dirty Northerners

keeperlit

Quote from: J70 on April 05, 2022, 10:27:22 AM
Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 10:16:42 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 05, 2022, 10:12:32 AM
Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 06:52:59 AM
I would be going by facts having been at the match not some anti Armagh keyboard warrior.

That's the thing though, isn't it?

For all we know, you're an anti-Donegal keyboard warrior.

I've heard the claims redzone refers to elsewhere myself.

And in the absence of video or referee evidence implicating Murphy, who are those of us who weren't there, including the GAA authorities, supposed to believe?

So you heard claims Murphy didn't punch Grugan?

I heard Grugan started on him first.

But my point is that it doesn't matter.

Murphy could have launched an unprovoked attack or went over the top defending himself after bring struck first, but if there's no video and no referee's report evidence, it's all just internet rumour and allegation.

Wise up, Grugan would be afraid of Murphy's shadow. He caught murphy with an auld sneaky one earlier in the half but referee dealt with it and give him a yellow card. Frustration is from two sources. First is the lack of consistency (linesman seen murphy box grugan and actually moved towards it, surely this should have made its way into the referees report). Secondly, frustrated that Armagh fell into the trap set and could not hold their discipline. Bonner and Donegal played an absolute blinder here and should now waltz through to an ulster final.
All Armagh can hope for at this stage is not to take to big a tanking in two weeks time that will smash the very fragile confidence that the team has and get a bit a spin out in the qualifiers.

Average Score

Armagh should put out a second string treat the game with the contempt it deserves and concentrate on the qualifiers.  Lets face it 4 down it may as well be a second string.

naka

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2022, 11:32:52 AM

I didn't see many (if any) players grabbing others in headlocks so it's not coming back to haunt him in the slightest. Armagh should be far more vocal in the media in defending these players and the injustice. Even Peter Canavan came out today and defended them to a degree, where are all the Armagh pundits. Oisin has been strangely very quiet and we know that the only thing that the GAA react to is a media storm.
armagh are right to keep their powder dry until the appeal process is exhausted

yellowcard

Quote from: naka on April 05, 2022, 01:05:20 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2022, 11:32:52 AM

armagh are right to keep their powder dry until the appeal process is exhausted

In terms of the county board and management I agree with you but any former players who have a platform in the media should be out defending these players who have trained all year for this match. We don't have that awful many in the media unlike Kerry or Dublin but I think the likes of Oisin McConville, Billy Joe Padden, Aaron Kernan etc should be putting across the lunacy of these suspensions. You can bet if this was Dublin or Kerry then their multiple media pundits would have leapt to their defence before now.     

thewobbler

Quote from: Average Score on April 05, 2022, 12:50:06 PM
Armagh should put out a second string treat the game with the contempt it deserves and concentrate on the qualifiers.  Lets face it 4 down it may as well be a second string.

You're right.

The best way to approach getting punished for wrong doing is to throw your toys out of the pram.

The GAA way.

This is f**king idiotic

Average Score

The best way is to make the most out of a bad situation, Armagh have little if any chance without the 4 lads suspended and with injuries, do a Mayo give a few lads a run out and prepare for the qualifiers - no need to be so aggressive there.