Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Reads to me like Ukrainian propaganda, unfortunately

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: thewobbler on March 01, 2022, 11:17:07 PM

Id agree. Dont have to tip too far into twitter to read that Russia are happy enough with progress/only gettin started..

JPGJOHNNYG

To be fair that convoy looks like a sitting duck. Even 100 yr old artillery would do it some major damage so surprised it seems to be inching closer and closer to kiev esp when the ukranians have taken out a number of smaller convoys very successfully

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 01, 2022, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 01, 2022, 11:17:07 PM

Id agree. Dont have to tip too far into twitter to read that Russia are happy enough with progress/only gettin started..

Its quite clear that Russia have made a complete f**king mess of this so far. They will eventually prevail but at what cost and when i say prevail ie install a puppet leader who will have no control over the population so a big waste of time.

general_lee

A lot of racism directed at those fleeing across the border with Poland.
Ukrainians first, everyone else after and blacks last.

imtommygunn

I was reading the blacks last thing there - shocking.

There is a real information war at play here. It's hard to know what to believe any more. I am not convinced Russia are making the progress they want but the reality is it is only a matter of time.

Cavan19

Quote from: general_lee on March 02, 2022, 07:44:30 AM

Source?

Average Score

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 02, 2022, 08:09:09 AM

Source?

You don't need a source nowadays, one can just post any oul shite.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: WT4E on March 01, 2022, 11:09:41 PM
Where u get all this info????
edit: Ahh, sorry, I thought you were only looking about the air superiority bit.

Things I've just picked up with a look around the interwebz

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/03/01/russian-air-force-struggling-to-claim-total-superiority-experts-say-a76694
i usse an speelchekor

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Average Score on March 02, 2022, 08:34:40 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on March 02, 2022, 08:09:09 AM

Source?

You don't need a source nowadays, one can just post any oul shite.

here is the source

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1498322098242134018?t=DhNQiEA0TgD7siUYigsNvg&s=19

note the change in the original post by BBC and what it is now.. "very mean"

https://twitter.com/freedomrideblog/status/1498517917998137345?t=LVAVNgY-3I3ZlOPaELk63A&s=19

WT4E

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 01, 2022, 09:55:06 PM
So from what I gather today:

- Ukrainian drones are doing a serious number on Russian armour. If they can get more bombs and missiles for their TB2s; that big column (or rather, column of columns - its nothing like a continuous 40 miles) approaching Kyev could arrive in a bit of a shambles.

- Russia do not have air superiority and are now tending to operate more at night.

- Ukraine are now going to be receiving full satellite support from the EU, potentially others; giving them a major real-time information boost. This will include satellite radar feeds; somewhat countering the Russian move toward the cover of darkness.

- Russia appear to have used at least one thermobaric bomb; there is a twitter video of it going off; the blast is fairly identifiable.

- Russian state of logistics is a big unknown, apparently numerous tanks etc already ran out of fuel. No doubt others will be restricted in their maneouvres due to fuel concerns. If the Ukrainians can choke off enough of the logistical train, they'll win.

These statements after two of Russias biggest bombings from the air during the day???

Armagh18

Quote from: Average Score on March 01, 2022, 12:52:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 01, 2022, 12:49:17 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 01, 2022, 12:33:43 PM
If he went onto Estonia who would challenge him, it would be another Ukraine.
Are they not in NATO?

And ... you honestly think the yanks or the Brits are going go after him if he strays into Estonia?
What message does that send to the other smaller countries in NATO if the Brits/Americans abandon Estonia or some other Nato member? Hard to know if Putin would have the balls to call NATO's bluff by attacking a member. The thing could totally spiral very quickly as soon as he does. Moldova a likely next target as they aren't in NATO.

Rossfan

I'd say the right wing extremist gobsh1tes in Government in Hungary and Poland are now happy to be in the EU !
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Russia got bogged down so is now bombing the shit out of everything. I wonder when the first attacks in Russia will.startm

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2022, 10:07:30 AM
Russia got bogged down so is now bombing the shit out of everything. I wonder when the first attacks in Russia will.startm
I doubt there will be much happening in Russia for now as all focus is on defending Ukraine but once Russia have a 'puppet' in control I would expect all sorts of guerilla attacks in Ukraine and Russia. Russia has millions of Ukrainians living there. It could get very messy which makes you think Putin has put zero thought into this.