Armagh v Tyrone League game Feb 6

Started by Jim Bob, February 06, 2022, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=faLFnVvaCis

Rules must have changed over over winter.......1 red card each for this one even after video evidence reviewed........in fairness you could.probably find hundreds of examples of this.....

Colm O'Rourke and Oisin Mcconville talking a lot of nonsense......wouldn't have to go too far to find a video of Meath or Crossmaglen in worse hanlins!

Most dangerous tackle in the game was Rian ONeill on Brian Kennedy when he was bending down to pick up the ball......  potential neck breaker.......

Anyway far too much coverage on tv, social media, podcasts etc and everybody spouting nonsense......i

Solo_run

Quote from: The Trap on February 07, 2022, 09:23:49 PM

Rules must have changed over over winter.......1 red card each for this one even after video evidence reviewed........in fairness you could.probably find hundreds of examples of this.....

Colm O'Rourke and Oisin Mcconville talking a lot of nonsense......wouldn't have to go too far to find a video of Meath or Crossmaglen in worse hanlins!

Most dangerous tackle in the game was Rian ONeill on Brian Kennedy when he was bending down to pick up the ball......  potential neck breaker.......

Anyway far too much coverage on tv, social media, podcasts etc and everybody spouting nonsense......i

When did this occur?

tonto1888

Quote from: Solo_run on February 07, 2022, 09:50:34 PM

When did this occur?

Probably the tackle Rian got his yellow card for. A bit of an exaggeration here but it was poor from Rian

Armagh18

When did this occur?
Was a foul and no more tbh.

Solo_run

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 07, 2022, 10:04:11 PM

When did this occur?

Probably the tackle Rian got his yellow card for. A bit of an exaggeration here but it was poor from Rian

Thought as much. I Suppose they think it was way worse when McKernan hauled Forker down to the ground.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 07, 2022, 07:46:06 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 07, 2022, 03:52:00 PM
Tyronies still in melt down this afternoon, great to see  ;D
They don't like losing McKenna Cup games so i can only imagine the moods after getting well beaten by Armagh in Division 1 game.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim Bob

Quote from: Solo_run on February 07, 2022, 10:17:14 PM

When did this occur?

Thought as much. I Suppose they think it was way worse when McKernan hauled Forker down to the ground.

What were Forker's intentions, do you think,  as he sprinted towards the Tyrone player before McKernans intervention?

Solo_run

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 07, 2022, 11:37:07 PM

When did this occur?

What were Forker's intentions, do you think,  as he sprinted towards the Tyrone player before McKernans intervention?

Forker hasn't been in shit for the last few seasons. A similiar incident happened last week against Dublin all he would have done is shoved them off. He wasn't about to go over and punch him. Regardless, you cannot go on intention, that incident was hell of a lot worse than the O'Neill incident. Then you have Burns laying the knee into Grugan.

J70

I thought Oisin spoke a lot of sense. Get on with the game and quit the mouthing and the shoving. Its all pointless anyway. Two lads throw a few shoves, then they turn around and go on their way. Having achieved what, exactly? You see it every single game with every single team. I'm sure at this stage you're getting it underage with kids copying these eejits.

You don't see soccer players pushing each other every time someone passes within two feet of them.

Its all performative bullshit. Purely for show. For whom exactly, I'm not sure.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2022, 12:50:06 AM

I thought Oisin spoke a lot of sense. Get on with the game and quit the mouthing and the shoving. Its all pointless anyway. Two lads throw a few shoves, then they turn around and go on their way. Having achieved what, exactly? You see it every single game with every single team. I'm sure at this stage you're getting it underage with kids copying these eejits.

You don't see soccer players pushing each other every time someone passes within two feet of them.

Its in all grades under 16 and above, the kids are difficult to work with at times, then the lesser grades in adult games, everything is late and personal, football more so because of the physicality they always want some payback, but payback should be knocking the ball over the bar and moving on, retaliation will only bring cards and a breakdown of play!

Buy hey guys are thick and primal, but the best is that the ref didn't protect them and it was his fault for 'letting it go' losing games due to players being sent off, regardless of whether they get overturned or not, the punishment is done at the time and in most cases the team with a man or men advantage will win through, coaching has a lot to answer for, not the rule book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 07, 2022, 10:06:58 PM

When did this occur?

Rian got a tick against his name just before so in combination a yellow seemed fine. The Frank Burns yellow was the harshest I thought

Armagh18

Quote from: LCohen on February 08, 2022, 09:15:08 AM

When did this occur?

Rian got a tick against his name just before so in combination a yellow seemed fine. The Frank Burns yellow was the harshest I thought
Hadnt realised he got a tick, yellow maybe fair enough then.

What did Burns do? I know there was a booking for a high tackle on Rowland in the first half that was very harsh, Rowland threw the head back to buy the free and card, that could have been burns.

LCohen

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 07, 2022, 11:37:07 PM

When did this occur?

To take the free quickly if it was on?

Good foot passers taking quick frees if they are on is commonplace enough? Especially when the fouled player is still on the ground I am sure you would agree?

LCohen

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 08, 2022, 09:33:49 AM
Quote from: LCohen on February 08, 2022, 09:15:08 AM

When did this occur?

Hadnt realised he got a tick, yellow maybe fair enough then.

What did Burns do? I know there was a booking for a high tackle on Rowland in the first half that was very harsh, Rowland threw the head back to buy the free and card, that could have been burns.
Burns clattered into Grugan. Anything high is a yellow these days but the contact was completely accidental in my view

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2022, 12:50:06 AM

My thoughts exactly. It's tiresome and predictable at this stage. Just play the game!
That's just, like your opinion man.