Armagh v Tyrone League game Feb 6

Started by Jim Bob, February 06, 2022, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2022, 03:58:02 PM
Ref hadn't a clue what to do so just decided to allocate red cards based on All Ireland titles.

😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Solo_run

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 06, 2022, 04:43:10 PM
One would have to be excited about where Armagh are at now. They are a serious contender, not just for provincial honours, but for national honours also.

It is nice to get wins for sure but there won't be many Armagh fans thinking beyond that. Tyrone are off the pace at the minute and last year serves as a reminder that results in the league do not matter in the championship. 

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2022, 04:50:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 06, 2022, 03:49:50 PM
Tyrone gonna Tyrone!!!

Did you see it?

Why would I have to anyone who's followed football knows what Tyrone are like!

An Watcher

To be fair to armagh they'll need to get up to pace for donegal in Ballybofey.  Lovely place to go in the first round of the championship

mackers

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 03:51:35 PM
That's more like the old Armagh. Mcshane wins a dubious free to put 3 in it and the 2 Armagh defenders headlock him and sludden and won't let go till there's an all out melee. But I'm sure it will come back to haunt them ltr in the year as it always has
I'll call you out on the first bit of bullshit in that diatribe.It was a free out for Armagh for McShane touching the ball on the ground. Rian O'Neill took it when Gough got rid of the offenders. Don't let the facts get in the way of your crap.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tonto1888

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 03:51:35 PM
That's more like the old Armagh. Mcshane wins a dubious free to put 3 in it and the 2 Armagh defenders headlock him and sludden and won't let go till there's an all out melee. But I'm sure it will come back to haunt them ltr in the year as it always has

It was a free for Armagh you tube. McShane handled on the ground.

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2022, 03:58:02 PM
Ref hadn't a clue what to do so just decided to allocate red cards based on All Ireland titles.

This made me chuckle to be fair

tonto1888

Dunno how the red picked people out for the reds other than Hampsey. He had a clash with forker on the sideline just after the melee. I'm guessing that was what his red was for

An Watcher

Fantastic discipline from armagh to not get involved in the melee!!

RedHand88

I didn't see any red card offences from either team in that carry on. Getting someone in a headlock is now a red card offence.

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2022, 05:28:45 PM
I didn't see any red card offences from either team in that carry on. Getting someone in a headlock is now a red card offence.

I'd guess at number 5 in this list https://learning.gaa.ie/Rule_changes

If that is the case difficult to see how he didn't dish out more.

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on February 05, 2022, 08:47:04 PM
It's important that if there's a strong breeze you play with it in the first half. Providing you win the toss.. Limerick, Galway and Kerry all played with the breeze in the first half and all had solid leads built up. Dublin are much better than tonight  and will improve Kerry going full of the pipe.
Worked well this for Tyrone today ;)

redzone

Gough signalled for a free in at the start as mcshane was bundled over, after the melee and consultation with the umpires he overturned it. Rightly or wrongly is open to debate. One thing that seriously needs looked at was the constant fringing of head injury all day by Armagh. Og burns and especially Rory Grugan constantly lay down after being tackled and waited a few minutes until the ice pack done the trick. Grugan didn't even wait till being tackled and lay down as Armagh were taking a kickout. Worst thing was Gough fell far it all day

tonto1888

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 05:39:20 PM
Gough signalled for a free in at the start as mcshane was bundled over, after the melee and consultation with the umpires he overturned it. Rightly or wrongly is open to debate. One thing that seriously needs looked at was the constant fringing of head injury all day by Armagh. Og burns and especially Rory Grugan constantly lay down after being tackled and waited a few minutes until the ice pack done the trick. Grugan didn't even wait till being tackled and lay down as Armagh were taking a kickout. Worst thing was Gough fell far it all day

Red gave a free for McShane touching it on the ground. And quit your nonsense about feigning injury. From a Tyrone person and all