Armagh v Tyrone League game Feb 6

Started by Jim Bob, February 06, 2022, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: LeoMc on February 06, 2022, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 06, 2022, 03:57:16 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 03:51:35 PM
That's more like the old Armagh. Mcshane wins a dubious free to put 3 in it and the 2 Armagh defenders headlock him and sludden and won't let go till there's an all out melee. But I'm sure it will come back to haunt them ltr in the year as it always has
Aye that's cos what teams who are winning normally do  ;D
It's what teams do to kill momentum.
It does indeed and they got the win and fair play to them.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Congratulations to Armagh on their All Ireland  ;D.

In fairness Armagh played really well first half and O'Nelil in particular was terrific. Still very early days and I'd say Armagh are ahead of a few sides with their preparation, but promising signs there for Armagh without doubt.

Tyrone on the other hand are still a long way off the pace. All at sea first half and still rather laborious in an improved second half. Ultimately that's two teams in different places but Tyrone will need to start going up a level or two over the next few weeks.

Like everyone else I lost coverage at the end. 4 reds to 1 seemed bizarre on what I did see prior to that, it must have taken a really drastic turn for that wee spell when the coverage was away. Or the ref got it wrong.

J70

That scene of the four boys trudging off the field could become iconic. :)

Has that ever happened before in senior intercounty football?

quit yo jibbajabba

Gaaboards been cryin out for a Trone Ourma rivalry/riot once again, wouldnt be surprised if theyre behind it somehow

clarshack

That's more like the old Armagh. Mcshane wins a dubious free to put 3 in it and the 2 Armagh defenders headlock him and sludden and won't let go till there's an all out melee. But I'm sure it will come back to haunt them ltr in the year as it always has

100% it was Armagh up to their old tricks again.

clarshack

If this doesn't motivate Tyrone for the rest of the season then nothing will.

Captain Obvious

Always a great day for Armagh when they send Tyrone home with their tails between their legs.

Sportacus

They'll not serve a day of suspension.

clarshack

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 06, 2022, 04:11:31 PM
Always a great day for Armagh when they send Tyrone home with their tails between their legs.

Armagh are fitter than everyone else at the minute. That's it.
The other teams will catch up with them fitness wise come championship time and then we will see Armagh fail again as per usual.

Solo_run

Quote from: clarshack on February 06, 2022, 04:22:23 PM

The other teams will catch up with them fitness wise come championship time and then we will see Armagh fail again as per usual.

I wouldn't say so. Armagh are playing well for one half and doing the bare minimum in the second half. If anything, Armagh could get fitter when the championship comes. They are still playing without a few players who could have a huge impact come the championship. 

balladmaker

Awful to see a Tyronie taking a national league defeat so badly 😁

greatpoint

Damage control?

LeoMc

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 06, 2022, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 06, 2022, 03:57:16 PM
Aye that's cos what teams who are winning normally do  ;D
It's what teams do to kill momentum.
It does indeed and they got the win and fair play to them.
They certainly did deserve it for the first half performance alone, indeed they should have been further ahead. They did appear to be lacking a leader to kill Tyrones momentum in that final 10 minutes and it was starting to look like Tyrone would get a score each time they came up.
I will not comment on the validity of those frees any more than I could comment on the 5 reds.

Aaron Boone

One would have to be excited about where Armagh are at now. They are a serious contender, not just for provincial honours, but for national honours also. 

tyroneman

Don't get many of them to be fair.