Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

If Labour have anything about them they should be clipping up abd sharing the Tory potential leaders ripping into their own party policy and track record.

There is a very odd balancing act the would be leaders are undertaking as they try to distance themselves from Boris without shittin all over him and annoying all the big donors.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Main Street

Why do people here have a desire to have a 'good' Tory leader,  one who is perceived as being not as bad  as others in the race?
I think Truss would be perfect, the sh'ittier the better.

bennydorano

It'll start getting interesting today, Badenoch next for the chop unless there's a major surprise, she seems to be a bit of a right wing media darling but aiming for the same voter base as Truss. The trouble for Truss is if Badenoch bows out today there's zero guarantee she'll endorse Truss, as Badenoch is supposedly under the patronage of Gove she could endorse Sunak for the promise of a big job (altho Truss would no doubt offer her the same), Gove isn't a fan of the Boris continuity candidate  Truss.

Ash Smoker

Quote from: Main Street on July 19, 2022, 01:55:42 AM
Why do people here have a desire to have a 'good' Tory leader,  one who is perceived as being not as bad  as others in the race?
I think Truss would be perfect, the sh'ittier the better.
A bad leader is more likely to try and take a dump on Ireland to distract from their failures.

imtommygunn

Some of us have to live under the pricks for a while yet unfortunately although them and the DUP are doing a good job of furthering the cause of a united Ireland. Truss could cause a world war if she had her way - that's the level we're at here - so while scraping the bottom of the barrel is beneficial for the north just not too far down the barrel for the sake of the world...

johnnycool

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 18, 2022, 08:35:49 PM
If Labour have anything about them they should be clipping up abd sharing the Tory potential leaders ripping into their own party policy and track record.

There is a very odd balancing act the would be leaders are undertaking as they try to distance themselves from Boris without shittin all over him and annoying all the big donors.

Starmer cut both boris and the Tory party a new one, but you won't see it on the evening news!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1549073175216295938

tiempo

Quote from: johnnycool on July 19, 2022, 11:29:32 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 18, 2022, 08:35:49 PM

Starmer cut both boris and the Tory party a new one, but you won't see it on the evening news!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1549073175216295938

Far from it, instantly forgettable standard patter in cartel HQ

bennydorano

As expected Badenoch bows out, down to the last 3, Mordaunt picks up 11  but it looks like Truss is on the rise unfortunately and she can expect to take a lot of Badenoch's votes in the next round.

According to Sky news a You gov poll of Conservative voting members Sunak faces a big task to beat either Truss or Mordaunt in the members vote.

imtommygunn

I suspect it will be Truss.

There's stuff going on today too. So 12 abstained in the vote of no confidence on the government yesterday. Today Johnson took the whip off one of them - a boy Tobias Elwood. My understanding is that would mean no vote... The reckoning is he's doing that to push Truss through.

I think the powers that be have decreed it's Truss. I hope I am wrong.

An Watcher

Who would the DUP favour out if these 3 so I know to favour the other 2?

Rossfan

Whoever is the biggest ******** so that would be Truss.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Watcher

Is this doll Morduant a bit of an unknown quantity?

GJL

Truss now the bookies favourite. She is a mental bitch but ultimately she will unintentionally speed up the arrival of a border poll.

johnnycool

Quote from: GJL on July 19, 2022, 11:37:19 PM
Truss now the bookies favourite. She is a mental bitch but ultimately she will unintentionally speed up the arrival of a border poll.

She'll do as she's told by the press barons who run the UK.

johnnycool

The Bojo show brings down the curtain on his PM questions by finishing as he started, by spewing out lie after lie after lie.

Can't wait for his honours lists, that'll be some lark, the DUP being loyal to the end, wee Jeffrey must be hoping for his peerage for services to a United Ireland.