NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

If the red card wasn't warranted in the first place then the suspension is very harsh.
He was obviously going to voice his displeasure if he felt it was in the wrong.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2022, 03:37:42 PM
If Galway do win will their posters still be downbeat?
People outside can say what they like - the Galway lads on here being downbeat (myself included) have been at the games and seen with their own eyes how we are going.
The way we have been playing - if we were in division one - we would be relegated simple as that.
Our pessimism is with a view to the championship in 6 weeks time. We have no chance of beating Mayo based on performances so far this year. Yes we have 5 wins but we have played Meath, Down, Cork, Offaly and Clare. All of them would be beaten easily by any division one team.
That's just the reality though I wish it weren't so.

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on March 16, 2022, 04:21:12 PM
People outside can say what they like - the Galway lads on here being downbeat (myself included) have been at the games and seen with their own eyes how we are going.
The way we have been playing - if we were in division one - we would be relegated simple as that.
Our pessimism is with a view to the championship in 6 weeks time. We have no chance of beating Mayo based on performances so far this year. Yes we have 5 wins but we have played Meath, Down, Cork, Offaly and Clare. All of them would be beaten easily by any division one team.

Mayo last year was less than convincing in their Division 2 wins against Clare and Westmeath.

Division 2 is probably more about getting results than performances. Training and preparation then steps up for the championship.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Will Mayowestros be overly bothered about a Connacht  game in April?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

100%, sure the standard in Division Two is absolute muck compared to the top teams, one of which we have to beat to progress at the end of April.
We all want Galway to be a top team and competing for All Irelands, wishful thinking and talking a team up isn't going to change the reality as you rightly point out, I'd love to have a bit of (warranted) arrogance about where Galway are at but it's 21 years since we last saw the final match of the year, it's by far the worst run in our history and unless someone figures out how to clone 14 more Sean Kelly's in the next few weeks I've seen nothing to indicate that it's going to change anytime soon, would only love to be flat out wrong of course.

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2022, 04:52:25 PM
Mayo lads are not one bit worried about the result of that match.

screenexile

It was never a sending off but McGuigan will learn a harsh lesson here no matter how unfair it seems you can't slag off the officials and it's hard to argue against that.

The game has swayed massively in Galways favour... -1 at even money looks a great bet!!

Will be interesting to see how our lads respond it's a big test they need to be competitive.

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on March 17, 2022, 12:47:07 PM
It was never a sending off but McGuigan will learn a harsh lesson here no matter how unfair it seems you can't slag off the officials and it's hard to argue against that.

The game has swayed massively in Galways favour... -1 at even money looks a great bet!!

Will be interesting to see how our lads respond it's a big test they need to be competitive.

Did he slag off the officials or the officials decision? Goughs word against McGuigans. The decision to send off McGuigan with him trying to get away from the defender and up to support was a disgrace.

Blowitupref

Quote from: JoG2 on March 17, 2022, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 17, 2022, 12:47:07 PM

Did he slag off the officials or the officials decision? Goughs word against McGuigans. The decision to send off McGuigan with him trying to get away from the defender and up to support was a disgrace.

Gough was doing the linesman duties and it was him that seemed to make the decision for the ref. When McGuigan left the field he clearly has some choice words at Gough, and thats what the one game ban is for.  Derry appealed it but was unsuccessful.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

So our whole league season could/ likely be due to a terrible ref call and a sensitive linesman. McGuigan normally wouldn't act like that but the standard of reffing over the entire country is dire, and some decisions made at high level in regards booking offenses for both players in a tangle when only 1 causes it, yellow card for high level tackles when some are red,

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2022, 05:26:50 PM
100%, sure the standard in Division Two is absolute muck compared to the top teams, one of which we have to beat to progress at the end of April.
We all want Galway to be a top team and competing for All Irelands, wishful thinking and talking a team up isn't going to change the reality as you rightly point out, I'd love to have a bit of (warranted) arrogance about where Galway are at but it's 21 years since we last saw the final match of the year, it's by far the worst run in our history and unless someone figures out how to clone 14 more Sean Kelly's in the next few weeks I've seen nothing to indicate that it's going to change anytime soon, would only love to be flat out wrong of course.

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2022, 04:52:25 PM
Mayo lads are not one bit worried about the result of that match.
And nobody around the team seems to be  interested in fixing the operational faults that tend to pop up 15 minutes into the second half in the AIF. Galway have won as many Sams as Mayo since 2013

fearbrags

He shouldn't have being sent off , But I am sure he had some choice words  for ""Gough""  so that  is not on either, part of the problem is  we have a game that at times doesn't seem to have rules(a lot of grey areas) or they are not enforced ,  and  there is no Consistency from ref to ref, . But there is no respect for Officials from players managers or supporters (this goes all the way down to club underage games) Indeed when I played myself ,back in the day I often led the abuse of Officials because I got away with it simple as.  This has being  a problem for years .Rugby would be a sport that officials are respected . First we need to give officials respect  and have zero tolerance, Then We can work on improving performance of referees  and perhaps more people (better will be open to refereeing )Then we need to define rules better, When watching and ref blows his whistle for a free  we should  know immediately which way the free is going,

Champion The Wonder Horse

At inter-county level in the last three years, how many players have served a suspension for verbal abuse of an official?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on March 17, 2022, 03:57:51 PM
At inter-county level in the last three years, how many players have served a suspension for verbal abuse of an official?

No idea however its probably as much about the official McGuigan gave the verbal abuse too. Gough as we seen in the Armagh Tyrone match he's looking to lay down the law.

galwayman

Not surprised to hear that Gough is the official in question.
He is a complete attention seeker.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 17, 2022, 04:08:55 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on March 17, 2022, 03:57:51 PM

No idea however its probably as much about the official McGuigan gave the verbal abuse too. Gough as we seen in the Armagh Tyrone match he's looking to lay down the law.

It shouldn't be though.

But on that topic, how many players have been reported for verbal abuse of that particular official in the last three years.

He shouldn't be officiating at another game.