NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 02:46:48 PM
I wasn't at the match so I can't comment but if as you suggest there was an orchestrated campaign then Donegal should be sanctioned. The problem is that it is very hard to prove that it was orchestrated. Murphy and McGee are probably the 2 most experienced Donegal players and they were allegedly the two players who kicked off the melee on different parts of the field upon the full time whistle.

What we do know however, is that those were the only players suspended on the basis of the referees match report. We don't know if the GAA will carry out their own further investigation into the incident and what exactly kicked it off.
There's no chance of proving it. My point is Geezer and the players can turn this into a positive.  It's great that these top teams are now worried about us.  J70 I witnessed with my own eyes McMenamin and Murphy making a bee line for Grugan at the full time whistle.  As soon as Rian O'Neill and Grugan came onto the field at HT the off the ball shite started in what had been a sporting contest until then.  Rian has a reputation that the Donegal players wanted to test. McGee's cameo role whilst on as a temporary sub was funny if it wasn't so serious.  Aidan Nugent went to shake McFadden-Farry's hand at the FT whistle and he refused and started the arseholing about match.  I have said that our players should not have reacted in the way that they did and I would not be appealing any punishment for neck-rolling striking etc..
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

greatpoint

You'd have to feel sorry for the Armagh supporters

Average Score

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 01:21:57 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 01:16:38 PM
You are looking for evidence, so if you are not at the match and no clip of your fav players all good as far as you are concerned.  ::)  Even the video evidence is subjective you could choose other players and make a case for those named. As previously mentioned if the 7 officials helped each other and called out off the ball stuff we may start to concentrate on football.

Yes, I'm looking for evidence. Either from the referee (with the aid of his assistants) or from video footage.

I'm not clear on what you're looking for.

Officials to do their job,

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 08:48:41 AM

Because it is all the off the ball stuff that starts all this shite, and the umpires and linemen are not fit for purpose.  Aidian Nugent and Andy Murnin were being mauled, dragged, kicked and abused for about 5 minutes whilst play was at the other end of the field, no surprise the number 4 was involved, Nugent went to the umpires to complain and he waved him away, is it anyone wonder players get frustrated, you basically have a semi trained ref, a few semi trained linesmen and the refs 4 mates - what could go wrong!

Players have been getting mauled, pulled, dragged and abused in all provinces, but especially Ulster, for years. Your own boys were no slouches at it back in their heyday and dished out plenty to Donegal teams over the years. Yeah, it would be great if referees and umpires and the overall surveillance of the game was better, but that's for another day and of absolutely no use to us in this case.

How far are you going go back - I was talking about Sunday's game.

Cavan19

Quote from: greatpoint on March 30, 2022, 03:04:43 PM

It must be terrible going out every second weekend and seen there team getting beat up and them to timid to defend themselves.

Average Score

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 30, 2022, 03:19:16 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on March 30, 2022, 03:04:43 PM

It must be terrible going out every second weekend and seen there team getting beat up and them to timid to defend themselves.

London and Carlow would rather just get the game over so they could get home to the tae.

Armagh Girl

So 3 for Armagh and 2 for Donegal.........don't know how they picked Soupy out of all that was happening in real time, and why only 2 for Donegal......??.  But, we were involved and need to take the punishment and move on, although it is hard to comprehend how out of all that happened, Michael Murphy did not get banned given he started it just at then end of normal time where the Linesman was right beside him!  Time now for Armagh to focus on the game and hopefully this will drive them on! 

Average Score

Quote from: Armagh Girl on March 30, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
So 3 for Armagh and 2 for Donegal.........don't know how they picked Soupy out of all that was happening in real time, and why only 2 for Donegal......??.  But, we were involved and need to take the punishment and move on, although it is hard to comprehend how out of all that happened, Michael Murphy did not get banned given he started it just at then end of normal time where the Linesman was right beside him!  Time now for Armagh to focus on the game and hopefully this will drive them on!

Other counties this year have been involved in similar this league - it's the inconsistency that is the issue and weak officials during the game.

Captain Obvious

Yeah Soupy seems unfortunate and its a bit bizarre that only two from Donegal. Probably little chance of being successful with any appeal as HQ are looking to clamp down on melees this year.

Throw ball

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 30, 2022, 03:58:35 PM

Yeah Soupy seems unfortunate and its a bit bizarre that only two from Donegal. Probably little chance of being successful with any appeal as HQ are looking to clamp down on melees this year.

Without wanting to signal anyone out maybe some Donegal players got lucky in that their bibs covered their squad numbers and the referee couldn't identify them. On the other hand if the referee includes that in his report and CCCC look at video there could be a few more players in trouble.

twohands!!!

Only 5 between the two teams suggests to me that they only went after the ones they had completely dead-to-rights so that no-one gets off on appeal.

If they really wanted to throw the book at the teams, they could easily have charged a whole raft of others based on what I saw.

Armagh and Donegal can probably consider themselves fairly fortunate.

Solo_run

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 30, 2022, 04:09:31 PM
Only 5 between the two teams suggests to me that they only went after the ones they had completely dead-to-rights so that no-one gets off on appeal.

If they really wanted to throw the book at the teams, they could easily have charged a whole raft of others based on what I saw.

Armagh and Donegal can probably consider themselves fairly fortunate.

Hard to argue against, some very lucky boys indeed.

Armagh Girl

Well, the inconsistency is the problem.....as you all well know, if you are a Team North of the Border, there is no chance the GAA Hierarchy or the Southern Media will forget to mention on every news outlet available that there was a melee.  But if it happens in Kerry or Dublin, it is only handbags, nothing to see here and not mentioned!  Well we'll just watch and see what happens throughout the championship when other Teams are involved. 
Days like Sunday happen when neighboring Ulster Teams go at it hell for leather and the adrenaline is still pumping even when the game is over.  In the past few weeks Armagh have played Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal where there is fierce rivalry from all of those counties, with each other,  and for which i am glad there is, as it brings to the atmosphere of the game.  Much rather have that than watch Kerry, Dublin, or Mayo beat other counties within their province by a cricket score,  So roll on 24th April Armagh Abu!

naka

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 01:28:02 PM
If Murphy struck on the full time whistle and there is no video evidence available, then I'm afraid that he will not be suspended. It doesn't mean that he is innocent, just that he didn't get caught.

Presumably both teams will have videoed  the match along with the actual TV footage but neither side are going to release footage incriminating their own players. Obviously the GAA have access to a lot more footage than we have seen publicly, otherwise I'm not sure how they could suspend the 3 Armagh lads who supposedly have received bans.

Either way there will appeals and counter appeals as this rumbles on for weeks.
He did it in front of the whole bank and the linesman saw it
So I guess the linesman chose to be blind in this instance

yellowcard

I doubt if we have heard the end of this. I'd say geezer will be trawling the county now in search of a Logan/Brolly type figure.

Ronnie

Quote from: Throw ball on March 30, 2022, 04:06:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 30, 2022, 03:58:35 PM

Without wanting to signal anyone out maybe some Donegal players got lucky in that their bibs covered their squad numbers and the referee couldn't identify them. On the other hand if the referee includes that in his report and CCCC look at video there could be a few more players in trouble.

I was at the match.  I hope the CCCC issue further suspensions because the ones proposed weigh in Donegal's favour.  The behaviour from the corner back was disgraceful.  Losing teams generally don't goad.