NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on March 23, 2022, 02:25:16 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 23, 2022, 02:17:53 PM
Kerry won't mess about and will want to lay down a marker. If it was another team coming to town with the League Final in the bag then I think it would be different.

I don't know what Mayo will do against Kildare but I hope they rotate a bit again and don't put out the best 15. Kildare were actually awesome last Sunday and a dry ball makes a massive odds with the pace they have all over the pitch.

I think the Dubs are after getting it together a bit so they will beat Monaghan.

Dubs win the most likely outcome, however, if there's one team I wouldn't be writing off in a head to head against anyone, it's Monaghan.
I don't fancy the Dubs to go to Clones and pick up a win to be honest.

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on March 23, 2022, 02:40:36 PM
Clifford got injured against Tyrone last August so maybe/hopefully they will be spooked into not risking him.
He cramped up in injury time. After the league final they'll not have another competitive game to the AIQF or possibly semi. May as well make the most of the league.

Main Street

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 23, 2022, 06:39:20 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 23, 2022, 12:02:08 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2022, 11:25:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2022, 05:00:40 PM
I'd like to see Donegal put in a good performance, end their appalling record in Letterkenny and guarantee safety, but the main thing is getting players who've missed a lot of games back into the team and functioning.

Is it not the case that the counties get most of the money from the League? By having the game in Letterkenny, capacity 8000, Donegal are locking out thousands of supporters who would pay to be there.
It's virtually a dead rubber game for Donegal and are Donegal league games that well attended?  I doubt it.

If Donegal lose and Tyrone/Kildare pick up a point, Donegal will be relegated along with whoever loses the Dublin v Monaghan game, so I wouldn't say its a dead rubber.
That's fair enough, I'll reduce Donegal's relegation risk status, from virtually safe to just the most favoured county to survive.
In any event is there any chance that some fans wanting to attend will be disappointed due to a sold out stadium?

An Watcher

Conditions may be decent this weekend but I always wonder how many all irelands dublin and kerry would have if they had to go to clones and win to stay in the championship

Average Score

Quote from: An Watcher on March 23, 2022, 05:13:55 PM
Conditions may be decent this weekend but I always wonder how many all irelands dublin and kerry would have if they had to go to clones and win to stay in the championship

Probably none. ::)

An Watcher

Rossfan

As Monaghan wouldn't have been able to keep the ball kicked out to them for 95 of the last 120 years they'd probably have about 90 AIs between them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gael85 on March 22, 2022, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 22, 2022, 07:54:53 PM
Is the Division 1 final on the Saturday or the Sunday? Hopefully Mayo qualify.

D3/4 Finals on Saturday and 1/2 on the Sunday.

Was thinking that alright, but the local paper had the Division 1 down on the Saturday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2022, 06:42:51 PM
As Monaghan wouldn't have been able to keep the ball kicked out to them for 95 of the last 120 years they'd probably have about 90 AIs between them.
Unfortunately for the sake of football and all that is humanly good, I very much doubt that Monaghan can relegate the Dubs with a victory. Banty we know has eccentric predilections, one of the most notable from the past was placing Darren Hughes in goal V Armagh USFC and the strange events preceding that game. These days his peculiarities have worsened, he picks 7 or 8  players in their positions and it's as if he places the remaining players' names into a hat for random selection. Added to that, player training injuries have doubled over these past 3 years.
Should Monaghan prevail due to some player inspired miraculous intervention, it would be a Pyrrhic victory as Banty would surly jump up on the nearest soapbox, wave the victorious Div 1 retained status and proclaim his ambition to pursue his mission for 4 more years.
And I really like and respect the man.

seafoid

Dublin have the biggest population.  If Monaghan did they could have won 30 All.Irelands.

Average Score

Quote from: seafoid on March 24, 2022, 06:20:10 AM
Dublin have the biggest population.  If Monaghan did they could have won 30 All.Irelands.

Are most of you 95000 posts as enlightened as this gem!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Average Score on March 24, 2022, 07:31:01 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 24, 2022, 06:20:10 AM

Are most of you 95000 posts as enlightened as this gem!

The name should give it away  :D

Farrandeelin

1.Rory Byrne – Ruairi O Broin – Castlebar Mitchels 

2. Lee Keegan – Laoi MacAogáin – Westport 

3. David McBrien - Dáithí Mac Briain - Ballaghadereen 

4. Padraig O'Hora – Pádraig O'hOra – Ballina Stephenites 

5. Oisín Mullin - Oisín Ó'Maoláin - Kilmaine 

6. Aidan O'Shea – Aodhán O'Se – Breaffy 

7. Stephen Coen  © – Stiofáin O'Cadhain – Hollymount/Carramore 

8. Jordan Flynn – Siuirtán Floinn – Crossmolina Deel Rovers 

9. Matthew Ruane - Maitiú Ó Ruáin - Breaffy 

10. Conor Loftus – Conchur O'Lachtnáin – Crossmolina Deel Rovers 

11. Jack Carney - Sean O'Cearnaigh – Kilmeena 

12. Fergal Boland - Fearghal Ó'Beolláin - Aghamore 

13. Aiden Orme – Aodhán Orme – Knockmore 

14. Jason Doherty - Séasáon Dochartaigh - Burrishoole 

15. Ryan O'Donoghue – Riain O'Donnachadh - Beal a Mhuirthead 

SUBS: 

16. Colm Reape - Coilm O Reabaigh - Knockmore 

17. Brendan Harrison - Breandan Ó Hearchaí - Aghamore 

18. Paddy Durcan - Padraig Ó Durcáin - Castlebar Mitchels 

19. Michael Plunkett – Micheal Pluinceid – Ballintubber 

20. Rory Brickenden - Ruairí Brickenden - Westport 

21. Enda Hession - Éanna Ó hOisín - Garrymore 

22. Kevin McLoughlin - Caoimhín MacLochlainn - Knockmore 

23. Conor O' Shea – Conchur O'Se – Breaffy 

24. James Carr - Seamus Mac Giolla Cheara - Ardagh 

25. Paul Towey – Pol Tuathaigh– Charlestown 

26. Darren Coen - Darán Ó Cadhain - Hollymount Carramore 

Mayo team and subs for Sunday.

ck

Kerry surely will give their squad a run in a meaningless game V Tyrone? This allows Tyrone swoop in for a win and retain Div.1. TYRONE TO WIN.

Same for Mayo??.. which gives Kildare a shout? Mayo are playing different players every week so he may opt to go with his best 15, if he knows it. KILDARE TO WIN.

Donegal may have to win to stay up V Armagh who want to get to a league final(?). These 2 meet each other in C'ship also so it could be shadow boxing. Donegal are playing horrible defensive football again so ARMAGH TO WIN.

Monaghan are at home to an improving Dublin. Both have to win, this will be the game of the day as both go for the win. DUBLIN TO SHADE IT.

Armagh and Kerry into Div.1 league final.
Donegal and Monaghan to be relegated.

Dire Ear

Not a chance Kerry will let Tyrone come down and take the points;  O'Connor wouldn't be having that
Could be a dirty one,  plenty of cards