NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: JoG2 on March 16, 2022, 09:50:23 AM
Quote from: LCohen on March 16, 2022, 09:46:16 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 16, 2022, 03:17:18 AM
Forker is not a man.

Well that certainly gives us an insight into the quality of your contributions.

That is just rank poor.

Is it not just a Brollyism?
Yes  indeed, it was a glaringly obvious pĂ­sstake on one of the most infamous Brolly comments of all time  'he's not a man' after Big Sean cruelly took down the saintly McManus.
Some of you Nordies are beyond redemption  ;D
Missed the barn door  from 2 paces out.

twohands!!!

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2022, 09:34:03 PM
While Kerry might welcome a League Final, Armagh and Mayo might have no interest in it, as they have a Provincial championship to face.

McGeeney can hardly afford to turn his nose up at the chance for any silverware.

Solo_run

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 16, 2022, 10:29:09 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2022, 09:34:03 PM
While Kerry might welcome a League Final, Armagh and Mayo might have no interest in it, as they have a Provincial championship to face.

McGeeney can hardly afford to turn his nose up at the chance for any silverware.

Division 1 status is secured. Personally, I wouldn't care about a league final, there are too many risks.  Need to set our sights on the championship where our record is abysmal. 

Hound

I think James Horan is a super manager. But one criticism that may have been fairly laid at him (IMO) from his first jaunt was he didn't appreciate how good Parsons was in the really big games. I wonder does the same apply now to O'Hora.

If Gaelic football was truly international, I'd have O'Hora as one of Ireland's corner backs, but I think Horan is unsure as to whether he's worth a starting position for Mayo.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on March 18, 2022, 11:01:09 PM
I think James Horan is a super manager. But one criticism that may have been fairly laid at him (IMO) from his first jaunt was he didn't appreciate how good Parsons was in the really big games. I wonder does the same apply now to O'Hora.

If Gaelic football was truly international, I'd have O'Hora as one of Ireland's corner backs, but I think Horan is unsure as to whether he's worth a starting position for Mayo.

I knew James Horan and he was always a smart man. What you say about Parsons was not totally true. In 2011-13 Parsons was not available to the Mayo squad. In 2014 Horan had to bend backwards to accommodate him.

O'Hora is a warrior, a decent player and probably a good lad in the dressing room and on the pitch. Not sure he's the best in the land in his position though. When things go good for O'Hora they go good, but he can drift out of games.

He has a high profile from Hell Week and from is interview post beating the Dubs last year! He is a larger than life character and this can cloud peoples perception of him as a footballer.

Captain Obvious

No David Clifford or Sean O'Shea a decent chance for Armagh to end Kerrys unbeaten run.

Never beat the deeler

Interesting to hear your opinion on this. I think O'Hora has a lot of great qualities - tough, tigrish, sticky corner back - and has taken some of Colm Boyle's mantle as the fans favourite, however I think he can get technically caught out quite often. Against Dublin last year (I think) he was one on one in front of goal and miraculously came out with the ball. I think he got lucky as he was on the wrong side and I still can't figure out how he did it. Not long before he was taken off in the same game he took off up the field being chased by 2 players and managed to battle for long enough to win a free. He was lucky here again because he had gone down a dead end and there was nowhere to go if he wasn't fouled.
These may seem like nitpicking when he came out on top on both occasions, and maybe it is better to be able to win when you have no right to, but I think sometimes he makes poor decisions and can seem like making heroic efforts to get out of situations he has put himself in.

That being said, I believe Horan approaches big games by looking for matchups for his defenders against opposition forwards. Swanee will be a good fit to mark certain players but not others.
Hasta la victoria siempre

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2022, 11:45:56 PM

I knew James Horan and he was always a smart man. What you say about Parsons was not totally true. In 2011-13 Parsons was not available to the Mayo squad. In 2014 Horan had to bend backwards to accommodate him.

O'Hora is a warrior, a decent player and probably a good lad in the dressing room and on the pitch. Not sure he's the best in the land in his position though. When things go good for O'Hora they go good, but he can drift out of games.

He has a high profile from Hell Week and from is interview post beating the Dubs last year! He is a larger than life character and this can cloud peoples perception of him as a footballer.

Totally inaccurate statement.
Horan dropped him from the panel when he took over in 2010.
after losing to Dublin in the all Ireland final in 2013, when it was apparent that Mayo had very very limited reserves in midfield, he invited him back, at that time Tom Parson was working in Wales, and committed from there for a year or more.
I am sure that was a ton of fun commuting back and forth.
Do you still feel that Horan bent over backwards to accommodate him.

Blowitupref

Tyrone starting team and subs for tonights game.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Tyrone should win this by 3/4 points.

Blowitupref

Great start for Tyrone 0-5 to no score after 15 minutes. Mayo looking very sluggish thus far.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2022, 05:59:34 PM
Great start for Tyrone 0-5 to no score after 15 minutes. Mayo looking very sluggish thus far.

It a tough breeze out shooting into that . Dublin only got 2 second half points from the fist last week. Tyrone 2 first half points were 21 yard frees.

lenny

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2022, 05:59:34 PM

Tyrone quite cynical. McShane has had 3 cynical fouls stopping Mayo building from the back and hasn't even had a tick.

clarshack

Some poor misses from Burns, McGeary and Sludden. Hope we don't rue those.

clarshack

Should there have been time for that last Mayo attack?