NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clubman21

Quote from: J70 on March 02, 2022, 02:46:39 PM
Can nothing be done by the ref or the umpires about pricks throwing footballs onto the field?
Like what?

Armagh18

Quote from: clubman21 on March 02, 2022, 02:52:36 PM
Can nothing be done by the ref or the umpires about pricks throwing footballs onto the field?
Like what?
a kick up the hole from ones in the crowd would be best

Gael85

Kildare bench done it 3 times Sunday.   Referee booked Paddy Woodgate on when he just went off on the third occasion of ball kicked onto pitch.

delgany

Quote from: Gael85 on March 02, 2022, 05:18:04 PM

Kildare bench done it 3 times Sunday.   Referee booked Paddy Woodgate on when he just went off on the third occasion of ball kicked onto pitch.

Just allow one ball on the pitch , no replacements , unless you kick it to the back of beyond

armaghniac

Quote from: clubman21 on March 02, 2022, 02:52:36 PM
Like what?

Make it an offence to interfere with play from outside the playing area. Spectators doing so should be ejected, management should be sanctioned.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Average Score

Alternatively the ref could just let the keeper kick the ball out and play continue.  Anyone near second ball kick it out of play when the match ball is away, seriously how is a ball to the left, right or behind the keeper going influence play!

balladmaker

Quote from: Average Score on March 03, 2022, 08:02:24 AM
Alternatively the ref could just let the keeper kick the ball out and play continue.  Anyone near second ball kick it out of play when the match ball is away, seriously how is a ball to the left, right or behind the keeper going influence play!

+1.  This needs some common sense .... let play continue and whoever can clear the ball afterwards can.  Either that, or enlist a ball boy/girl to remove it.  Either way, the play should continue irrespective of the ball.

brokencrossbar1

Ball boys/girls would work. The umpires are lazy and wouldn't get out of their own way unless there was a free dinner so have 2 wee cubs by each goals grabbing the ball for them.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Average Score on March 02, 2022, 02:04:58 PM
A vested interest really care to elaborate!  I am an Armagh supported who witnessed a goal keeping debut for a very decent outfield player against one of the best counties in Ireland when we are far from safe and you reel out some conspiracy theory. 

It's the only explanation I can offer for an analysis so lacking in objectivity.

APM

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 03, 2022, 08:35:02 AM
Ball boys/girls would work. The umpires are lazy and wouldn't get out of their own way unless there was a free dinner so have 2 wee cubs by each goals grabbing the ball for them.

It needs sorted

You need to have more than one ball available to the keeper if they are going to have the option of faster kickouts

Average Score

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 03, 2022, 08:36:34 AM
Quote from: Average Score on March 02, 2022, 02:04:58 PM
A vested interest really care to elaborate!  I am an Armagh supported who witnessed a goal keeping debut for a very decent outfield player against one of the best counties in Ireland when we are far from safe and you reel out some conspiracy theory. 

It's the only explanation I can offer for an analysis so lacking in objectivity.

Or an analysis not of your liking. Maybe after years in the doldrums one would have like to see a progressing team still progress instead of experimental shite with a keeper midway through a league campaign.

Ethan Tremblay

Given how Armagh are defending this year, with the backline shored up, I wouldn't class changing the goalkeeper as 'experimental shite', and I think I read that Huges plays outfield for his club ironically enough.  I would imagine he was training good enough as a goalkeeper to earn his place last weekend, nothing is given. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Average Score

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 03, 2022, 11:29:34 AM
Given how Armagh are defending this year, with the backline shored up, I wouldn't class changing the goalkeeper as 'experimental shite', and I think I read that Huges plays outfield for his club ironically enough.  I would imagine he was training good enough as a goalkeeper to earn his place last weekend, nothing is given.

Geezer must have looked back to the 2016 Cavan Championship match and though that be a great idea again - complete bollocks - some Grange fan club on here.  Blaine has been the keeper for years and has improved immeasurably during that time, but sure lets put a forward into nets and hope for the best. oh and tell him his main task is to get up the field with pointless runs.

APM

McGeeney got ridiculed over that decision in Cavan, but go back and look at the video. The keeper was the least of our problems that day. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 03, 2022, 11:29:34 AM
Blaine won the intermediate this year playing in nets for Carrickcruppen and was hugely influential in their completely shock win.

Have defend McGeeney numerous times but the decision to play Rafferty in nets is baffling. By all means try it in the McKenna cup or later in the league when safety is secured, not in a hugely tough game against one of the best teams in the country when we really could have done with a win. Don't see what Rafferty brings bar distance on the kickout.