NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The only way to stop that carry on is book them straight away, and if you book 6/7 players it'll cut it out, if not be prepared to have it happen all through the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Is the offence not to jump at an opponent rather than simply making contact. i.e. does the foul not occur when the jump is started when the ball was in play rather than when contact was made with Beggan
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

straightred

Quote from: HokeyPokey on January 30, 2022, 05:58:05 PM
Quote from: straightred on January 30, 2022, 05:40:23 PM
Quote from: full moon on January 30, 2022, 05:37:58 PM
Was a foul on Beggan for the point, ball may have been just over looking on replay but then why make that challenge in the first place.

Seemed like a lot of off the ball antics and sledging from Tyrone, but nothing unusual there.

Very noticeable when McManus came on. They were around him like a pack of dogs

McManus was as guilty as anyone else. Both teams were at it, as are all teams.

I would, personally, be most concerned by Richie Donnelly being shouldered in the back as he was in the air for a catch. Very dangerous and the Monaghan player only had eyes on the man. Very lucky there wasn't a serious injury.
He's no shrinking violet as they say but he was targeted - no doubt about that. I don't want to be giving out too much about the ref as it must have been tough for him too but the decision that stands out for me was the free he gave against Monaghan for a perfect shoulder along the far sideline as you see it on telly. Exactly what you coach a young lad to do.
Anyway.... Dublin bottom of the league. When did that last happen ?

tyrone08

Quote from: redzone on January 30, 2022, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 30, 2022, 05:50:41 PM
Was clear in the McKenna Cup that Tyrone are a bit behind other teams in terms of preparation. Today was a real step up and conditions took a turn for the worst second half too, so I'd he happy enough with a draw. Monaghan can certainly point to some bad misses, but Rafferty should have buried that goal chance in the second half and Donaghy too should have hit that convincingly over the bar, storm or not.

But we'll take a point and move on. Anyone know what situation is with Conor McKenna?
The word last year was that he was a very poor trainer. Done the bare minmium and that was very evident in his physique compared to his Aussie rules days. Hopefully it's not the case this year

Funnny I thought last year he didnt look as well conditioned as the other players which was strange given his professional background.

He strikes me as someone who won't be round for very long. Cant see him staying with tyrone over the next 4 or 5 years. Not sure why but I just get that feeling about him

HokeyPokey

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 30, 2022, 06:13:36 PM
Quote from: redzone on January 30, 2022, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 30, 2022, 05:50:41 PM
Was clear in the McKenna Cup that Tyrone are a bit behind other teams in terms of preparation. Today was a real step up and conditions took a turn for the worst second half too, so I'd he happy enough with a draw. Monaghan can certainly point to some bad misses, but Rafferty should have buried that goal chance in the second half and Donaghy too should have hit that convincingly over the bar, storm or not.

But we'll take a point and move on. Anyone know what situation is with Conor McKenna?
The word last year was that he was a very poor trainer. Done the bare minmium and that was very evident in his physique compared to his Aussie rules days. Hopefully it's not the case this year

Funnny I thought last year he didnt look as well conditioned as the other players which was strange given his professional background.

He strikes me as someone who won't be round for very long. Cant see him staying with tyrone over the next 4 or 5 years. Not sure why but I just get that feeling about him

He was conditioned for a different sport. He gave an interesting interview with the FootballPod where he talks about how the AFL is more about short spurts of exertion with a decent amount of breaks whereas Gaelic requires a lot more stamina.

Wildweasel74

I think if a defender good enough, you don't have to resort to sledging, grabbing, digs in the bck trying to get McManus yellow carded. Shows up why they so popular all over the country, and I ain't no lover of Monaghan.

In hiding

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 30, 2022, 05:54:26 PM
Kilpatrick really fancies himself as a hard man doesn't he. Laughable! Spoiler at best.
Nah, don't agree with this.
I think he is a really good footballer if he doesn't have lads hanging off him for 70 mins

Wildweasel74

Half of footballers now seem to fancy themselves as hard men, mainly cause they know they grab a man, talk shit, man hits him at all, down like a bag of shit. The old Meath team had about 3/4 hard men who hammer the f**k out of all these wanna bes these days. All this gym work and watching too many ufc fights  actually makes these guys think they can box.

trueblue1234

Quote from: straightred on January 30, 2022, 05:40:23 PM
Quote from: full moon on January 30, 2022, 05:37:58 PM
Was a foul on Beggan for the point, ball may have been just over looking on replay but then why make that challenge in the first place.

Seemed like a lot of off the ball antics and sledging from Tyrone, but nothing unusual there.

Very noticeable when McManus came on. They were around him like a pack of dogs

I think McManus was giving as good as he got. There was feck all in that and you'll see it up and down the country. Some people really want to sanitise the game if they had issues with that from either team.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

Both teams were at it, that old line, bollacks, Hampsey, Harte and McKieran all at him. Take the rose tinted glasses off.

tyrone08

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2022, 06:39:21 PM
I think if a defender good enough, you don't have to resort to sledging, grabbing, digs in the bck trying to get McManus yellow carded. Shows up why they so popular all over the country, and I ain't no lover of Monaghan.

I tend to agree with this, if you are good enough you shouldn't be getting involved in incidents. However every single top team does this regularly. Look at how much attention Peter harte and Sean cavanagh have received over the years.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2022, 06:48:01 PM
Both teams were at it, that old line, bollacks, Hampsey, Harte and McKieran all at him. Take the rose tinted glasses off.

Lol Good to have the Derry lads riled again. You'll get an unbiased opinion from them alright. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 30, 2022, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2022, 06:39:21 PM

I tend to agree with this, if you are good enough you shouldn't be getting involved in incidents. However every single top team does this regularly. Look at how much attention Peter harte and Sean cavanagh have received over the years.

And that attention should be curtailed, simple yellow cards move on, to get sent off for that would make you think about getting to 'know' a player
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CK_Redhand

I think a draw was a fair enough result given the conditions. Monaghan missed a lot.

Winning point ruled out for a foul after it went over is a bit annoying but if it was the other way round I'd be happy. Can't understand the mckernan free out when it should have been a free in.  What was the explanation on commentary/analysis?

I think tyrone should expect to be the team everybody wants to beat this year. And not expect any help from the ref.

Orior

Who would have known that Saturday's match was a relegation battle.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians