Venues.....

Started by An Fear Rua, May 30, 2007, 11:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Unfortunatly mine was in the Canal Court,

That's when illdecide became you'lldecide
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

overdabar

have booked the ballymascanlon hotel in dundalk. have to say have looked everywhere around the newry area and found this place to be very good. recently done up and looks very well and built on an 18 hole golf course. an hour from both airports and just of the motorway.

http://www.ballymascanlon.com/

The Gs Man

Try the Seagoe in Portadwon.  I know I said "Portadown" but don't let that put you off.  Great venue for a reception.
Keep 'er lit

An Fear Rua

oh and another thing - Music, whos is going to be brave enough to recommend a band while the G's man is about....
Its Grim up North

stiffler

The Derryhirk Inn is the perfect venue for that special day. Close proximety to the Motorway and 1/2hrs drive from the International Airport makes it a convienient location.

Excellent staff, and service.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Stranworst

My ma and da had theirs in the Corner House in derrymacash (The Embankment now I believe) and lo and behold nine months later I was born so i have nothing but good things to say about it!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: stiffler on May 30, 2007, 03:07:34 PM
The Derryhirk Inn is the perfect venue for that special day. Close proximety to the Motorway and 1/2hrs drive from the International Airport makes it a convienient location.

Excellent staff, and service.

its not a shotgun wedding!  ;)
Its Grim up North

The Gs Man

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 30, 2007, 02:55:55 PM
oh and another thing - Music, whos is going to be brave enough to recommend a band while the G's man is about....

Don't worry.....we're no wedding band.

I too would recommend the Derryhirk Inn.  Ratsy can put on a quare spread.
Keep 'er lit

SammyG

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 30, 2007, 12:34:31 PMBelfast Castle- what sort of numbers did it hold, is it exp?

Holds up to 80 according to their website, http://www.belfastcastle.co.uk/Weddings.asp

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: overdabar on May 30, 2007, 02:38:49 PM
have booked the ballymascanlon hotel in dundalk. have to say have looked everywhere around the newry area and found this place to be very good. recently done up and looks very well and built on an 18 hole golf course. an hour from both airports and just of the motorway.

http://www.ballymascanlon.com/

Got married in the Ballymascanlon last November, it was fantastic, staff, location, food, service was all excellent.

Can cater for up to 300, but does smaller and much smaller if needed - had approx 200 at ours and still plenty of space.

Would recommend it to anyone.
Tbc....

Orior

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 30, 2007, 11:06:16 AM
Any of you lads got married or getting married in the near future? Need info on potential venues in and around the North, with fairly decent capacity and accomodation.......

And thats not in Cookstown!!

Shouldn't you find a bird first, then pick somewhere close to where her family lives?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

QuoteShouldn't you find a bird first, then pick somewhere close to where her family lives?

Orior, do you think this is the 20th century or something!

I was at wedding a couple of years ago at Harvey's Point near Donegal town, nice place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mooncatiii

i would have to recommend the derryhirk...i hear you can get a great finger buffet in the magic garden!
shazam

Spiritof98

Was at a wedding in the Canal court on Friday and must admit it was excellent.

Lost the licence myself two years ago this week, went for the Four Seasons in Monaghan and found the service/grub and day superb.

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Rick O Shea

Radisson, Limavady
Redcastle, Donegal
Drummond, Ballykelly
Four Seasons, Monaghan
Everglades, Derry