Venues.....

Started by An Fear Rua, May 30, 2007, 11:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Any of you lads got married or getting married in the near future? Need info on potential venues in and around the North, with fairly decent capacity and accomodation.......

And thats not in Cookstown!!
Its Grim up North

5 Sams

Hard to beat the Carrickdale....
The Aristocrat Years

full back

Good location & superb food: www.canalcourthotel.com

Maybe a bit out of your way but a great venue: www.cabracastle.com

What size of wedding?

SammyG

Don't know if you're interested in Belfast but my wee sister got married, last year, at Belfast Castle and it was excellent. Good food, decent service, a few different rooms depending on what size party you're having and the grounds and views of the lough for photos.

mooncatiii

renshaws ..
nice accomadation,
good food
great people
some craic!
shazam

full back

How did the first year exams go mooncat? ::)

mooncatiii

great, pulled out a 2:1 after many years! im gona be some doctor!
shazam

An Fear Rua

Quote from: mooncatiii on May 30, 2007, 12:25:06 PM

always knew you were a Free P.

Am looking at Cabra Castle- loks good esp as they only cater for one do per day , prob looking at 150-160 people, plenty will need accomodation as are flying in for the execution happy occasion.

Belfast Castle- what sort of numbers did it hold, is it exp?

Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Lusty Beg in Fermanagh is good, but you need the weather.
Testing Accessibility

Syd

Dunadry is hard to beat.....

Louth Exile

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 30, 2007, 12:34:31 PM
Quote from: mooncatiii on May 30, 2007, 12:25:06 PM

always knew you were a Free P.

Am looking at Cabra Castle- loks good esp as they only cater for one do per day , prob looking at 150-160 people, plenty will need accomodation as are flying in for the execution happy occasion.

Belfast Castle- what sort of numbers did it hold, is it exp?

Never attended a wedding at Cabra but used deliver to it many years ago, despite its class the kitchens put me off ever wanting to eat in it. If you are looking around Carrickmacross you have to look at the Nuremore or even Darver Castle over in the wee county (its right beside the new Louth Centre of Excellence)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Syd

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 30, 2007, 12:55:27 PM

(its right beside the new Louth Centre of Excellence)
[/quote]

What size is the Louth Centre of Excellence? Phonebox dimensions.......??

heganboy

Did the deed at the nuremore, great service. Cousin had reception at darver castle, again excellent
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Brick Tamlin

Look into the four seasons in carlingford, co Louth..might surprise you slightly. If you get the weather its great for the drinkin the day after the "execution" as ye put it.

illdecide

Unfortunatly mine was in the Canal Court, Newry. Best spot you'll get and quite reasonable, but don't do it chief there's still time to come to your senses :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch