The biggest underachievers - players - Hurling & Football

Started by North Antrim, May 29, 2007, 10:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Antrim

Any suggestions of talented lads who never fulfilled their potential.....

One in Antrim was a lad called Aidan McCloskey - great white hope in hurling - faded into oblivion - dont even know if he still plays

Paddy Logan in football - everyone claimed he was going to be the real deal...played a few games for the county but always struggled with weight!!

Any other ideas

PrivatePile

Quote from: neutral on May 29, 2007, 10:08:39 AM
1 - 15 of Antrim team

I think the word "talented" was used so it does not apply to Antrim.

North Antrim

Very funny lads.......trust me there was and are plenty of talented 17-20 year olds who have come thro Antrim ranks but a shit attitude complimented by a shit structure meant they NEVER Fulfilled their potential!!

ONeill

Declan McCrossan
Dermot McNicholl
Kevin Brady
Liam Doyle
Ronan Sexton
Michael Walsh
Dan Gordon
Paul McGurk
Peter Donnelly
Paul Buchanan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

North Antrim

McNicholl - he won an All-Ireland and an all-star - not too bad im my books
Dan Gordon - bit early to suggest he has seriously underachived

Paul Buchanan - WHO???

The Real SlimShady

ONeill, Kevin Brady?

How has he underachieved? Starred regularly for Antrim and has played consistently for his club, albeit not the biggest of clubs but to say he's an underachiever is a bit harsh. Did he not play for Ulster also?

ONeill

Quote from: North Antrim on May 29, 2007, 10:30:01 AM
McNicholl - he won an All-Ireland and an all-star - not too bad im my books
Dan Gordon - bit early to suggest he has seriously underachived

Paul Buchanan - WHO???

Probably harsh on McNicholl but most of his accolades and highly-rated performances seemed to occur when he was 16-20. Open to correction.

Gordon, you may be right. Doyle is probably the biggest disappointment of the 99 team.

Buchanan of Antrim. Once nailed a Kerry vocational side containing a plethora of future stars single-handedly as a teenager. Met the Belfast Bap too early.

Brady - so much talent, rarely delivered.

ONeill

Eamon McCaffrey
Adrian Cush
Ciaran McKeever
Diarmuid Marsden
Paul Close
Benny Coulter
Karl Diamond
Declan Bateson

lynchbhoy

youngfella

Pull hard and early

amigo

O Neill you are absolutely full of it !!!

Benny Couilter an underachiever you are having a laugh. One of the most consistent performers in the country for club, county, and country.

tintin25

Ryan Keenan and Colm Bradley (Fermanagh). These boys use to skin defenses in the Macrory and in Club senior games in their late teens. Way downhill after that.

ONeill

Quote from: amigo on May 29, 2007, 11:03:21 AM
O Neill you are absolutely full of it !!!

Benny Couilter an underachiever you are having a laugh. One of the most consistent performers in the country for club, county, and country.

No, not having it. The odd glimpse of genius here and there. A bit like Enda Muldoon.

The Real SlimShady

by ONeills reckoning, if you dont have a pocket full of gold you're an underachiever. Great players on poor teams is what you are naming.