Formula one

Started by RedHand88, December 12, 2021, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2021, 05:15:24 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2021, 05:09:06 PM
Racing should be won on the tarmac, as it was. The last lap was epic. Protesting after is pathetic and hopefully will be fruitless.

Verstappen deserves the Championship over the course of the year.

There has been races in the past that have been overturned after the race, this is no different if there was a breach, I don't care who wins, as for who deserves it, they were level on points going into the last day. So it's difficult to say who deserved it over the season.

Spot the Referee.

Haven't watched much F1 in the past decade but that was absorbing stuff, as much as I dislike Hamilton I did feel for him after the race, he spoke very graciously while looking a bit shell shocked - but then again years of robotic media training had him primed for it as well.

While the technocrats are having their day atm, wtf was Hamilton doing letting him dive in for the corner when everyone knew it was coming? No pointy elbow training?

Orior

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 12, 2021, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 12, 2021, 05:50:31 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 12, 2021, 05:39:42 PM
Two eminently dislikeable pricks.

Rubbish. Two great sportsmen at the top of their game.

Being two great drivers (and they aren't great sportsmen - although arguably very few great drivers are so hard to hold that against them) does not stop them being two dislikeable pricks.

Who (besides yourself) is your hero?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GJL

Quote from: bennydorano on December 12, 2021, 06:06:05 PM
Racing should be won on the tarmac, as it was. The last lap was epic. Protesting after is pathetic and hopefully will be fruitless.

There has been races in the past that have been overturned after the race, this is no different if there was a breach, I don't care who wins, as for who deserves it, they were level on points going into the last day. So it's difficult to say who deserved it over the season.

Spot the Referee.

Haven't watched much F1 in the past decade but that was absorbing stuff, as much as I dislike Hamilton I did feel for him after the race, he spoke very graciously while looking a bit shell shocked - but then again years of robotic media training had him primed for it as well.

While the technocrats are having their day atm, wtf was Hamilton doing letting him dive in for the corner when everyone knew it was coming? No pointy elbow training?

A brand new set of soft tyres vs an old set of hards meant he was never winning a late braking contest.

David McKeown

First protest dismissed unsurprisingly. Second decision due later this evening. Can't see anything changing even if Mercedes win
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bennydorano

Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2021, 06:24:03 PM

Spot the Referee.

A brand new set of soft tyres vs an old set of hards meant he was never winning a late braking contest.
Yeah, but a bit of knavery still would have won it for Hamilton. 🚫 🚫

GJL

Quote from: bennydorano on December 12, 2021, 06:39:06 PM

Spot the Referee.

How so? If they both had of crashed out Verstappen would have won the Championship so Hamilton had to be very careful.

Mikhail Prokhorov

now this board is full of F1 experts  ;D ;D ;D

jesus wept

gallsman

The racing was 58 laps long. The race director eradicated everything Hamilton had done for 57 laps. That's not sport.

RedHand88

Mercedes appeal rejected. Verstappen confirmed world champion.

Sky sports talking about the possibility of going to the court of appeal. At what point do they let it go?

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2021, 06:53:03 PM

The racing was 58 laps long. The race director eradicated everything Hamilton had done for 57 laps. That's not sport.

Would you have them continue to race around at 200mph whilst they are clearing the track?

David McKeown

No I had them adhere to the rules as all participants had agreed to at the start of the season. The finish would have been anti climatic and unbefitting of the epic season but at least it would have been fair.

bennydorano

Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2021, 06:41:30 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 12, 2021, 06:39:06 PM

Spot the Referee.

How so? If they both had of crashed out Verstappen would have won the Championship so Hamilton had to be very careful.
By blocking passes. If Verstappen takes Hamilton out through recklessness he gets penalised.
https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/09/drivers-warned-points-deductions-possible-for-unethical-behaviour-in-title-showdown/

GJL

Quote from: David McKeown on December 12, 2021, 07:07:18 PM
No I had them adhere to the rules as all participants had agreed to at the start of the season. The finish would have been anti climatic and unbefitting of the epic season but at least it would have been fair.

What rules have been broken?

David McKeown

Having read the judgment it seems the FIA have interpreted the rule "any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car" as meaning some but not all cars at the discretion of the race director.

I foresee this one rumbling on.

David McKeown

Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2021, 07:20:44 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on December 12, 2021, 07:07:18 PM

What rules have been broken?

The one I quoted above in what looks like two places. Firstly some but not all cars being allowed to unlap themselves and secondly it seems the Safety car goes in on the same lap that the last of the permitted unlappers (for lack of a better term) passes the car, when the rule clearly states it will go in on the following lap.