1954 Donegal 1-05 Tyrone 1-07 Dungannon

1957 Donegal 2-03 Tyrone 3-05 Cavan

1972 Donegal 2-13 Tyrone 1-11 Clones

1973 Donegal 1-07 Tyrone 0-12 Ballybofey

1974 Donegal 1-09 Tyrone 0-08 Omagh

1979 Donegal 1-11 Tyrone 1-09 Irvinestown

1980 Donegal 0-09 Tyrone 1-17 Irvinestown

1989 Donegal 0-11 Tyrone 0-11 Clones

1989 Donegal 0-07 Tyrone 2-13 Clones (Replay)

1994 Donegal 0-10 Tyrone 1-15 Cavan

2004 Donegal 1-11 Tyrone 0-09 Clones

Nine Tyrone wins, five Donegal wins, one draw in the '89 Ulster Final.

I think the defenses were on top in that 1924 meeting!

rrhf

We could see a repeat of that 1924 classic tomorrow anyway Tyrone abu!

Star Spangler

Just over 24 hours to go and I still can't make a call on how this one will turn out.  To be honest, I think the build up has got the feel to a game where Tyrone could come out all guns blazing and blow Donegal away.  It's been a long time since Tyrone have fired on all cylinders - probably the last time was the All Ireland semi against Armagh in 2005 (the sweetest victory of all!)  They're due a good game and this one will provide the motivation with a lot of commentators writing the team off.  It's been five or six years since Tyrone have gone into a game with as little expectation.  We all now know that the most difficult thing about being one of the top teams in the country is the fact that the pressure is always on.  How Kerry continually cope with it is beyond me.  Most teams get up there and can't stay - e.g. Donegal '92, Derry '93, Armagh '02  ;)

On the other hand we could serve up the same shite we've shown in the championship since 2005 and get our arses kicked.  Therefore, I predict that it won't be a one or two point game.  Probably five or six to either side, put hopefully to Tyrone!

MrC

Word i am getting in Donegal is that Michael Hegarty won't play and will be replaced by Adrian Sweeney, although I hear that Ryan Bradley could be deployed if McIver wants to keep Sweeney for his usual 'impact sub' role.
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

J70

Quote from: MrC on June 16, 2007, 04:33:53 PM
Word i am getting in Donegal is that Michael Hegarty won't play and will be replaced by Adrian Sweeney, although I hear that Ryan Bradley could be deployed if McIver wants to keep Sweeney for his usual 'impact sub' role.

Listening to Tony Boyle on Highland as well? ;)

J70

Tony is predicting a 4-point Donegal win.

Reckons we could be in a bit of bother if Cavanagh isn't kept in check though.

Tyrone Dreamer

Bring on the match! Should be a good day in Clones tomorrow. Hopefully Mulgrew and Cavanagh will come of age and Tyrone can reproduce the form from 05'. Will probably need to score at least 2 goals to win it.

ONeill

Feeling slightly more optimistic simply because the feeling is that Donegal should win this. Tyrone are in a decent position now.

I see Heaney tips Tyrone by 2. Who does he think he is, eh? Get on the case RHF!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tyrone 1-10 Donegal 0-9

Wasn't hugely impressed with either side in the quarter final although they both got the win they needed. Think Tyrone have more improvement in them than Donegal and might just have the edge in quality footballers. Wouldn't expect a classic though hopefully I'm wrong.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

sam03/05

I think the referee could have a big bearing on todays game. He was very poor in the Tyrone Derry game last year. Derry set out with certain tactics to stop Tyrone e.g rugby tackles and he did very little about it. He also seems quick to award a free to the man in posession if he is surrounded by men. This will not suit Tyrone.

darbyo

Donegal are my tip for the AI and I think they'll take a step towards that today. Tyrone have too many injuries and if Donegal are as good as I think they are they should win by 2-5 points. Hope it's a cracker anyway.

marty88

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 17, 2007, 09:11:15 AM
I think the referee could have a big bearing on todays game. He was very poor in the Tyrone Derry game last year. Derry set out with certain tactics to stop Tyrone e.g rugby tackles and he did very little about it. He also seems quick to award a free to the man in posession if he is surrounded by men. This will not suit Tyrone.

lol sour grapes!!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: marty88 on June 17, 2007, 12:53:23 PM
lol sour grapes!!

Yeah looked like sour grapes to me as well, wasnt the ref who beat Tyrone that day. But it seems equally strange to be celebrating that result in your sig given Derry did nothing else all year. Whilst Tyrone look back on 2 AI's in 3 years you are reduced to getting excited about beating an injury ravaged team in an Ulster 1st round match and then getting knocked out soon after. Doesnt say much for Derry really. Maybe you will have something more substantial to get excited about this season.

As for today Im afraid I still cant see Tyrone having enough firepower to see off Donegal. People are saying we are owed the first big performance since 2005 but there would have been no AI in 2005 without the likes of McGuigan, SON and PtG. No real continuity of team selection in the forward division since then either, players coming in to replace the injured players havent had a decent chance to gell. FB remains a problem. All I would ask is Tyrone tear into Donegal and make them really work for it, unlike the aforementioned Derry match last year. Lets see where a committed fighting performance gets us.

joemamas

methinks it is a game to put the tv on mute.

stephenite

Jordan took some rattle there - back on his feet, fair play to him