Tyrone V Donegal

Started by Tyrones own, May 27, 2007, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 15, 2007, 03:03:10 PM
Ray Mulgrew and Colm Mc Cullagh, in particular, need to have the county games of their lives for us on Sunday, and this just might be the game to bring it out in them, there'll be nowhere to hide.
Mulgrew has got great potential and could potentially go on to become a great county player. People seem to forget he is only about 21, it takes time to adjust to county senior football - McGuigan has stated it took him at least one year to come to terms with the sheer speed of the game. There is perhaps a liitle too much expectation on Mulgrews shoulders, if Tyrone had a full compliment they could ease him into the swing of things and he may have adjusted better. Hopefully he has a good game on Sunday and this kick starts his county senior career.
McCullagh just doesnt appear to have that extra bit required to be a quality corner forward at this level, he finds the going tough against the better corner men but he is getting an excellent chance to show what he is made of on Sunday.
Mugsy is the key on Sunday, if he plays well we have a great chance. He usually produces the goods on the big day and I can see him doing it again on sunday. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Don't disagree there LL, and certainly aware of Mulgrew's relative youth, and of how big a step up it is to football at this level. He has the class, just needs to blossom.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mr. Nakata

I hope Mugsy is in better shape than he was 4 weeks ago. Not only was he unfit, but he was carrying weight as well. I have a bad feeling that he won't be sharp enough for this level of intensity. I think the other forwards need to stand up and be counted. If Mugsy slots over the frees, I'll be happy enough.

Fuzzman

I''m off for the weekend now so hope ye enjoy the games lads and I reckon Mugsy will score 1.5 and we'll win by 4 points

Tyrone Dreamer

Its great to be heading into another big championship weekend. Imo its Tyrones biggest match since the 05' final. We'll know after Sunday exactly were we're at. I know people talk about the back door but really think we must win this game if we're to go anywere this year. A win here and you'd only be a victory against Derry/Monaghan away from a quarter final. A defeat and you'd need to win 3 qualifiers to get to the same position - even the 1st round could be against Armagh or Meath etc. Hopefully the weather will be decent on Sunday meaning a huge crowd and big atmosphere. The team despite all the injuries isnt bad. Think we'll need a big game from Mugsy to get the win. Cavanagh Jnr, Mulgrew and McCullagh must also show theyre capable of producing at this level. If the games close in the 2nd half hopefully O'Neill can come of the bench which would lift the whole team. Do people think the Tyrone support will return in big numbers for the match?

ONeill

Donegal 0-14
Tyrone 0-11
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Elias

Jesus O'Neill a bit of faith lad, no point being pessimistic going into a game like this, screw the league form thats what I say  ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: Elias on June 15, 2007, 07:37:36 PM
Jesus O'Neill a bit of faith lad, no point being pessimistic going into a game like this, screw the league form thats what I say  ;D

Donegal 0-14
Tyrone 0-13

?
Testing Accessibility

uselessfootballer

We'll need a goal to win this one I think.
Donegal 0-11 Tyrone 1-10

must be positive

ONeill

I just worry where the scores are coming from. I'd imagine:

Davy Harte 0-1
Sean Cavanagh 0-2,
Brian Dooher 0-1
Colm McCullagh 0-1
Colm Cavanagh 0-2
Owen Mulligan 0-4 
(0-11)

Ideally:

Kevin Hughes 0-1,
Sean Cavanagh 0-3,
Brian Dooher 0-1,
Raymond Mulgrew 0-1,
Enda McGinley 0-1,
Colm McCullagh 0-3,
Colm Cavanagh 1-1,
Owen Mulligan 1-2
(2-13)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Best of luck to Donegal on Sunday, heres hoping they can scratch out a win against a very strong Tyrone outfit who must be hot favourites.

prediction. Tyrone 2-11 Donegal 1-10. :(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2007, 10:29:38 PM
Best of luck to Donegal on Sunday, heres hoping they can scratch out a win against a very strong Tyrone outfit who must be hot favourites.

What?
Testing Accessibility

Elias

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2007, 10:29:38 PM

Check out paddy power stew, even money suggests otherwise

Star Spangler

Elias, has that guy a small hand or what?

Elias