20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

About 6 police and 5 prison officers in my estate, only is about 60 houses too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Saffrongael

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 24, 2023, 04:59:41 PM
I'm sure like anything there'll be sound cops and complete arseholes. They don't help themselves by going after people for silly shite like motoring offences, putting up posts about catching someone with tinted windows or a bald tyre acting as if they've just stopped Pablo Escobar while the streets are filled with drug dealers and thieves and burglars walk free. Lost what little respect I had for them when your man stood in the middle of Cross a couple of years back on Christmas morning with a couple of gobshites either side of him holding machine guns and posted the photo. Completely unnecessary and totally inflammatory given the history of the place.

If there ever was to come a day again that a cop needed a machine gun in Cross, he wouldn't have time to be standing smiling for a photograph ffs.

That's quite literally their job and it's not just the PSNI that stop for motoring offences
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

RedHand88

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 25, 2023, 01:29:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 24, 2023, 04:59:41 PM
I'm sure like anything there'll be sound cops and complete arseholes. They don't help themselves by going after people for silly shite like motoring offences, putting up posts about catching someone with tinted windows or a bald tyre acting as if they've just stopped Pablo Escobar while the streets are filled with drug dealers and thieves and burglars walk free. Lost what little respect I had for them when your man stood in the middle of Cross a couple of years back on Christmas morning with a couple of gobshites either side of him holding machine guns and posted the photo. Completely unnecessary and totally inflammatory given the history of the place.

If there ever was to come a day again that a cop needed a machine gun in Cross, he wouldn't have time to be standing smiling for a photograph ffs.

That's quite literally their job and it's not just the PSNI that stop for motoring offences

Exactly. Why do people think they are able to do whatever they want when they go behind the wheel?

full moon

PSNI take orders from MI5 and they're a different kettle of fish. How many nationalists/Catholics are in MI5? How many MI5 is there in the HQ in Palace Barracks? Does anyone actually believe MI5 stop at the border and don't operate in the South also?

There's hundreds of cases where MI5 involvement is suspicious and their motives unclear to say the least even in recent years.

Who even works for them English,Scots and local Unionists?

Their whole presence is very strange in the North and it's rarely commented on by media or politicians, most likely they are deliberately kept out of the media. Do believe they truthfully are non political?

thewobbler

I can only imagine how quickly roads would descend into rivers of blood, should a police force every decide not to pursue motoring offences.!

Brendan

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 25, 2023, 12:41:13 PM

Least your estate will be safe enough and they only ever patrol their own houses from what I've seen. I live in a Nationalist area, I stress nationalist, not Republican in any way, only time Police are seen is on days of parades, how is Nationalist confidence in them ever supposed to grow when they make it so clear they're only here to keep us in line

Milltown Row2

Quote from: full moon on February 25, 2023, 02:17:14 PM
PSNI take orders from MI5 and they're a different kettle of fish. How many nationalists/Catholics are in MI5? How many MI5 is there in the HQ in Palace Barracks? Does anyone actually believe MI5 stop at the border and don't operate in the South also?

There's hundreds of cases where MI5 involvement is suspicious and their motives unclear to say the least even in recent years.

Their whole presence is very strange in the North and it's rarely commented on by media or politicians, most likely they are deliberately kept out of the media. Do believe they truthfully are non political?

Must be difficult to sleep at night with all that stuff going on in your head!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

This stuff about not being able to join the force and live in your old neighbourhood.  I wonder how much of this is specific to the troubles, versus the general issue of how working class areas are policed. 

I grew up on a Corpo estate on Dublin's north side in the 70s/80s.  Unemployment blackspot.  I certainly never knew of any Guards who lived on the estate.  Garda visits were rare and very much unwelcome.   Both sets of  grandparents lived in areas where the same would have held true. 

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Brendan on February 25, 2023, 04:28:21 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 25, 2023, 12:41:13 PM

Least your estate will be safe enough and they only ever patrol their own houses from what I've seen. I live in a Nationalist area, I stress nationalist, not Republican in any way, only time Police are seen is on days of parades, how is Nationalist confidence in them ever supposed to grow when they make it so clear they're only here to keep us in line
I stress, it's the same thing.

Milltown Row2

When something happens that normal people would phone the police, what happens when those that don't trust the police need assistance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2023, 08:54:46 PM
When something happens that normal people would phone the police, what happens when those that don't trust the police need assistance?

1-800-BOYOS

Jim Bob

They ring them !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 26, 2023, 10:00:06 AM

They ring them !

Reading some of the posts here I doubt it, be like ringing MI5 apparently  ;D

seafoid

I have never thought about these questions. Presumably the proportion of Brit catholics in the MI5 would reflect the population percentage.
The NI system stops at the border/the sea. Most criminality in the South is drug related and  MI5 doesn't care about drugs.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2023, 10:20:29 AM

I have never thought about these questions. Presumably the proportion of Brit catholics in the MI5 would reflect the population percentage.
The NI system stops at the border/the sea. Most criminality in the South is drug related and  MI5 doesn't care about drugs.
Was one of the top men in the Gardai not a former MI5 man?