20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Policing is quite like politics in that quite a large percentage of the people attracted to it as a profession are  the most unsuitable for doing the job and are the last people on earth who should be given any power whatsoever to exercise over other people.

tintin25

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 04, 2021, 09:35:34 AM
Policing is quite like politics in that quite a large percentage of the people attracted to it as a profession are  the most unsuitable for doing the job and are the last people on earth who should be given any power whatsoever to exercise over other people.

This.  Know someone who would have carried out some training from time to time at the main base in Belfast - said there was a real lack of maturity and professionalism among many of the new recruits.  Always seems to be story in the paper about an officer every other week these days about them being a creep or whatever.

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2021, 01:30:31 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2021, 01:17:46 PM
I wouldn't be a Cop anywhere in the world, cannot see the attraction of the job at all. Can't say I'd be overly enthusiastic if some of my kids wanted to join the PSNI (or Garda or any force tbh).

Nor would I, but that isn't the answer to policing in the north though, your attitude towards policing will not make it work any better either.

I've a daughter doing criminology at Queens, policing has never came up as a pathway, and not everyone follows the route led out by the degree they take, but she may go down that route, she has never grown up in an area that looked at the police historically as I did, plus she was born at the time of the PSNI, she's not stupid either, being a woman in the police service isn't a pleasant place, that will take decades to change so that will also be a reason not to go down that road.

The question is whether it would sit well with me, its very easy, she'll be an adult and she'll make her own decisions and I'll support her as a father would. You can't and shouldn't take any other view on that really

I think that's the sensible mature approach we should all take with our kids.
Our children have grown up in a period of relative peace and equality that we probably did not have the luxury of. We are all influenced by the environment we grow up in and as that environment changes the type of influence changes.
Our kids should be supported in making their own decisions. All we can do as parents is perhaps describe a different view point (possibly on personal safety and/or the treatment of women in terms of PSNI and the history of the RUC) to make sure they have considered everything when deciding what path to take.
But either way, we shouldn't be trying to impose our experiences and opinions on our children, we'll never move forward if we do that. We should instead try to support them in whatever path they go down.
Easier said than done as we all have our own bias.

Rossfan

Sensible post.
When or is it ever proposed to make them an unarmed service like in the 26, England, Scotland, Wales etc?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 04, 2021, 11:17:55 AM
Sensible post.
When or is it ever proposed to make them an unarmed service like in the 26, England, Scotland, Wales etc?

I think when the threat of not trying to blow them up or shot them as they go about their job should be the day they look at not be armed..

To go back on another point, the maturity of some police officers is of the chart, in england recently 2 officers will be going to prison because they took pictures of 2 murdered teenagers in London and whatsapp'd them to friends!! WTF goes on in your brain to think that's ok, one of them even put his face on one of the bodies in the picture!!

What qualifications are needed to become an officer and do they carry out mental evaluations of recruits?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

It's like any profession, some nut jobs are going to get through the system.

It's the army ones you need to worry about.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2021, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 03, 2021, 11:22:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2021, 01:00:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 02, 2021, 11:23:45 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 02, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 02:04:23 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 02, 2021, 01:56:55 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2021, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 02, 2021, 01:29:29 PM
I would not let my son join the psni even though i support them and feel they are greatly improved service.

How would you stop him joining? I expect he would be an adult at the time of application. Me, I dont trust them and I doubt i ever will when they go around with a crown on their jackets.

Do you not live in Free State? maybe im wrong

I do, your not wrong. Not claiming to have know PSNI better than you boys.

Its our business up here, we dont need free state wannabe chuckies firing fuel to a fire they know nowt about.

Let me know when you officially speak on behalf of everyone in the North, ie when you are 1st minister or equivalent.

I've more right than you, now batter on somewhere else where you actually might know what you are talking about

You and I have no more right than each other to claim to speak on behalf of other people. Until you get elected I suppose that would remain the case. The difference is I spoke on behalf of my own opinion and you claimed to speak on behalf of others. You also don't decide who can or can not post on a thread nor can you decide what a woman does with her body. I think you are a bit of a slow learner.

you started off with an unhelpful comment, the type of shit that comes from people living removed in relative safety from the problem. Mind your own business or start a thread up about the guards. As i said a wannabe free state chucky.

Unhelpful? I wasn't aware all posts would be vetted by the boards religious police (ie you) for a helpfulness like in Saudi Arabia, but sure then I shouldn't be surprised that a nasty little right wing religious nut like you would look to Saudi for inspiration. Are there any other criteria we all need to be adhering to?

What are you even on about you tube . Right winged, religious, Saudi Arabia?

Clean mad Sur.

Embarrassing

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 04, 2021, 05:43:22 PM
I would not let my son join the psni even though i support them and feel they are greatly improved service.

How would you stop him joining? I expect he would be an adult at the time of application. Me, I dont trust them and I doubt i ever will when they go around with a crown on their jackets.

Its our business up here, we dont need free state wannabe chuckies firing fuel to a fire they know nowt about.

Let me know when you officially speak on behalf of everyone in the North, ie when you are 1st minister or equivalent.

I've more right than you, now batter on somewhere else where you actually might know what you are talking about

You and I have no more right than each other to claim to speak on behalf of other people. Until you get elected I suppose that would remain the case. The difference is I spoke on behalf of my own opinion and you claimed to speak on behalf of others. You also don't decide who can or can not post on a thread nor can you decide what a woman does with her body. I think you are a bit of a slow learner.

you started off with an unhelpful comment, the type of shit that comes from people living removed in relative safety from the problem. Mind your own business or start a thread up about the guards. As i said a wannabe free state chucky.

Unhelpful? I wasn't aware all posts would be vetted by the boards religious police (ie you) for a helpfulness like in Saudi Arabia, but sure then I shouldn't be surprised that a nasty little right wing religious nut like you would look to Saudi for inspiration. Are there any other criteria we all need to be adhering to?

Clean mad Sur.

Embarrassing

It's not as embarrassing as when you realise the party in the north closest to your political beliefs is the DUP.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2021, 06:40:34 PM

Clean mad Sur.

Embarrassing

It's not as embarrassing as when you realise the party in the north closest to your political beliefs is the DUP.

I'm
A a republican
B non practicing Catholic
C lifelong GAA member
D lifelong Irish language speaker
É trade union member
F Po EU
G Pro Life
h Anti SF

Explain . You can't coz you are a free stater who can't and will never get it

imtommygunn

No way fear. You're not anti sf are you ;D

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 04, 2021, 07:25:03 PM

Clean mad Sur.

Embarrassing

I'm
A a republican
C lifelong GAA member
É trade union member
F Po EU
G Pro Life
h Anti SF

You'll have to explain what a non practicing Catholic is? I think you are more DUP

1- anti SF
2- Pro Life
3- right wing
4- bitter as f**k
5- hate southerners (yet claim you want to reunite with us)
6- hypocrite on most topics
7- think no one has experienced the troubles more than you

f**k me you are Sammy Wilson in disguise.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2021, 08:54:55 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 04, 2021, 07:25:03 PM

Clean mad Sur.

Embarrassing

I'm
A a republican
C lifelong GAA member
É trade union member
F Po EU
G Pro Life
h Anti SF

You'll have to explain what a non practicing Catholic is? I think you are more DUP

1- anti SF
2- Pro Life
3- right wing
4- bitter as f**k
5- hate southerners (yet claim you want to reunite with us)
6- hypocrite on most topics
7- think no one has experienced the troubles more than you

f**k me you are Sammy Wilson in disguise.

Are you deliberately pretending to be stupid .

It's someone christened into the faith who no longer attends mass.
In case you didn't realise there is a substantial anti SF nationalist vote
Very substaintial nationalist pro life vote. Points 3-7 are just testament to your stupidity. No evidence and idiotic. Right wing sweet Jesus, gone lay off the Woke Weekly Magazine. Gimp

Btw your beloved SF abstained on the same abortion  vote they voted for in the south. Oh and they have stopped calling it women's health care up here. Tells you a good bit about them

general_lee

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 09, 2021, 10:12:40 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on December 09, 2021, 09:36:44 AM
Be in no doubt, the PSNI at a community level, has some way to go yet.

https://www.thedetail.tv/articles/almost-twice-the-number-of-catholics-than-protestants-arrested-and-charged-by-psni
There are more Catholics than Protestants, still quite a contrast.

Serious amount of Catholics being arrested! It's not like they are being arrested and charged for being Catholics, they were obviously up to no good, granted there is no way the figures should be like that, and if it actually is then this should be in the WTF thread
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea