Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Dele Alli has had some decline.

3 first teamers injured in fwanks first two matches they could be in bother yet

laoislad

#Rangnicksatthewheel
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2022, 09:25:24 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 08, 2022, 08:56:20 PM
Is it normal for cops to get involved for booting a cat ?

Yes, I think animal cruelty is a crime, haven't or would watch the video, but has been reported
Takes a vile individual that's cruel to animals. I won't be watching it either.

Tony Baloney

Not EPL but are Derby on for The Great Escape?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2022, 11:18:31 PM

Would be great but they'll dock them some more points and id say, are they still looking new owners or has that been sorted?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2022, 11:18:31 PM

Never Rooney's greatest fan to say the least but I've been impressed by what he has done there, especially the finances and commitment he has displayed

GJL

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 08, 2022, 11:12:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2022, 09:25:24 PM

Yes, I think animal cruelty is a crime, haven't or would watch the video, but has been reported
Takes a vile individual that's cruel to animals. I won't be watching it either.
I did see it. A disgusting act. I hope the police properly investigate.

RedHand88

Yes. Next.

seafoid

Quote from: shark on February 08, 2022, 09:48:29 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2022, 08:34:48 AM
How far behind Brentford are in the salary table compared to how well they are doing is remarkable. You wouldn't expect to see Leeds down there either.

I knew Everton had wasted a ton of money but didn't expect Villa there either.

Villa had to buy an entire new squad upon promotion. Quantity was the priority , rather than quality. The team that won the play-off final had 5 loanees, and a number of players whose contracts were about to expire. Everton have spent their money to stand still (or worse). Villa have finished in an increasingly higher position for 4 years in a row now. If they keep spending this level of money (which they will, as they are loaded), and don't keep progressing, then we can say it has been wasted. But not yet.

Only a handful of teams can win trophies. Everton, Villa , Spurs etc haven't got a hope. If they have a budget of £100m they can't  buy a £100m player. Top players won't go to Everton, Villa, Spurs  etc.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/02/01/tottenhams-antonio-conte-timebomb-may-not-have-defused-long/

Having missed out on Adama Traore, despite pursuing him since the summer and for the entirety of January, Levy and Paratici delivered Conte a midfielder and an attacker. One of those two players was meant to be Luis Diaz, but he went to Liverpool instead.

Everton, Villa, Spurs  etc will instead buy 3 overpriced  players . The logic of money in the premiership is brutal.

quit yo jibbajabba

Villa have been steadily improving though. Spurs were top 4 then tried to spend absolutely no money which obvs didnt work and are now trying to make inroads. Everton has been a shitshow no other word for it

JoG2

You think animal cruelty is not an offence worthy of police intervention? Psychologists will  tell you animal cruelty is a serious red flag in a person's psyche.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on February 09, 2022, 09:52:27 AM

You think animal cruelty is not an offence worthy of police intervention? Psychologists will  tell you animal cruelty is a serious red flag in a person's psyche.

Generally animal cruelty is dealt with through prosecutions by the likes of the Councils or the RSPCA. The police only get involved if it's serious cruelty and dereliction of care. I'm not saying they shouldn't but this is likely to be driven by the RSPCA.

Animal cruelty is wicked and can lead onto more serious crimes. What Zouma did was terrible but would be on the lower scale of what the authorities deal with. Take the cats off him, give him a lifetime ban from having animals and move on. Disappointed by West Ham though,  whatever about what they can and cannot do to someone in terms of suspension from a moral perspective he should not have played. Completely time deaf to the situation.

lurganblue

Quote from: shark on February 08, 2022, 09:48:29 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2022, 08:34:48 AM
How far behind Brentford are in the salary table compared to how well they are doing is remarkable. You wouldn't expect to see Leeds down there either.

I knew Everton had wasted a ton of money but didn't expect Villa there either.

Villa had to buy an entire new squad upon promotion. Quantity was the priority , rather than quality. The team that won the play-off final had 5 loanees, and a number of players whose contracts were about to expire. Everton have spent their money to stand still (or worse). Villa have finished in an increasingly higher position for 4 years in a row now. If they keep spending this level of money (which they will, as they are loaded), and don't keep progressing, then we can say it has been wasted. But not yet.

Agree with this.  There is now a clear change in direction from Villa. Initially it was buy multiple players between 8m and say 20m in order to fill the squad and stay in the league.  Since the sale of Grealish and now in particular the arrival of Gerrard, the shift is to buying a couple of more expensive players and on much bigger wages. Time will tell if this wasted money like Everton.  Hopefully Villa will be a bit more savvy.

I actually thought Everton might have turned a corner after Rafa left, with a bit more fight shown v Villa at least. Horrible result for them last night. They should rightly be very concerned.

gawa316

The RSPCA have removed the cats from his house

Capt Pat

Adidas have dropped Zouma. I bet he regrets kicking the cat now.