Gareth Bale

Started by T Fearon, May 26, 2007, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

A significant capture for London's most cultured and arguably historically most renowned soccer club. The decision of the young Welsh wizard to opt for Spurs in preference to the Amercian owned conglomerates in Liverpool and Manchester surely augurs well for the future and shows that there is a perception among the discernible soccer adherents that we are now most definitely a club that is going places and well worth joining

Equally importantlt he hopefully will be the answer to all Spurs fans prayers and an answer to a lot of our defensive problems. Chimbonda, Dawson, King and Bale is a back four that surely will not leak goals easily next season in an any competition

ONeill

Absolutely - Chimbonda, Dawson, King and Bale - names that send shudders through our Champions league participants, and with Huddlestone creating havoc in the middle third there is every chance that Spurs might break through.....the 60-point barrier!!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oneillcup2007

corn02

Dawson is a terrible, terrible player. A CB has top be brought in for him.

hitzelsperger

good signing for hotspuds...he'll star in the UEFA cup :D

Square Ball

big fish in a wee pond springs to mind. it was the only club that could guarantee him first team football
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Spurs soccer campaign 2007/2008

Testing Accessibility

full back

Bale is only a young lad & he must have known that if he went to Utd or Liverpool he wasnt guaranteed first team football as Square Ball says.
No doubt he is going to get a bit of UEFA Cup experience before going on to one of the big clubs

Mentalman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 26, 2007, 10:35:18 AM
A significant capture for London's most cultured and arguably historically most renowned soccer club. The decision of the young Welsh wizard to opt for Spurs in preference to the Amercian owned conglomerates in Liverpool and Manchester surely augurs well for the future and shows that there is a perception among the discernible soccer adherents that we are now most definitely a club that is going places and well worth joining

Equally importantlt he hopefully will be the answer to all Spurs fans prayers and an answer to a lot of our defensive problems. Chimbonda, Dawson, King and Bale is a back four that surely will not leak goals easily next season in an any competition

Aye, the boy Bale looked awesome as an out of form Duffer roasted him in Croke Park. So effective was he John Toshack decided he'd done enough damage to the Republic, and brought him off to rapturous applause from all who had witnessed his virtuoso performance...
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

bennydorano

ONeill

Yes, he really has returned Spurs to the glory days in his 6 years at the club.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Just shows he made the correct decision,has devEloped into a World Class talent at the right club.

nrico2006

Yep, Spurs have went from a club a level below the top dogs in England to well, a club a level below the top dogs in England.  Great progress.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

TF Correct?

"Equally importantlt he hopefully will be the answer to all Spurs fans prayers and an answer to a lot of our defensive problems."

Gareth Bale 2013 is a completely different animal than the one Tony thought Spurs were buying.

Shamrock Shore

A stopped clock is right twice a day!