Noah's Army

Started by Dire Ear, March 28, 2021, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Will it ever end on July 31, 2022, 02:27:33 PM
Having had occasion to be on Northwood Drive over the last year I just cannot fathom how that child cycled down there naked without hundreds of sightings in the early part of a summer evening.

There must be close to 300 houses on the Drive all leading to an end cul-de-sac where he'd have had to force his way past the side of a house to gain access to that storm drain.

Dozens of kids / parents etc out in the street with the weather - there's nothing about it makes sense.

There's a house at the end of that street blurred out on Google Maps ... I wonder why?

seafoid

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 01, 2022, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 07:56:27 AM
PII= no disclosure of information. (Public interest immunity)

It's the reversal of that they need. I am not sure they will ever get it >:(

You read on Twitter people saying "we deserve to know". We don't- the mother does. That poor woman.

The "movement" on Twitter has some loons in its ranks, which doesent help at times
It shouldn't be on twitter. It shouldn't be on the  gaaboard.
It should have been resolved. Why hasn't it ?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: WT4E on August 01, 2022, 11:13:36 AM
Having had occasion to be on Northwood Drive over the last year I just cannot fathom how that child cycled down there naked without hundreds of sightings in the early part of a summer evening.

There must be close to 300 houses on the Drive all leading to an end cul-de-sac where he'd have had to force his way past the side of a house to gain access to that storm drain.

Dozens of kids / parents etc out in the street with the weather - there's nothing about it makes sense.

There's a house at the end of that street blurred out on Google Maps ... I wonder why?

So there is!

smelmoth

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2022, 11:06:31 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2022, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 08:39:06 AM

You read on Twitter people saying "we deserve to know". We don't- the mother does. That poor woman.

The "movement" on Twitter has some loons in its ranks, which doesent help at times

Agreed. The family deserve to know and now the public want to but the only people that deserve to know are that poor wee boy's family. I suspect there is a good bit of incompetence going on here from a PSNI perspective too though there is definitely something not right too.

Every victim's family deserve to know. But people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that something is known by the police about the the circumstances of the death and the identity of the perpetrator
/perpetrators. That is a big assumption.

Would there be a need for a PII if there wasn't something?

Very possibly.

Have you any evidence that it's the perpetrator ID that is being withheld?

There are any number of other things that could be the subject of the PII certificate. But it's likely (given the history of PIIs) that it's something to do with keeping the identity of informants/agents and their handlers secret. Withholding documents that disclose or heavily suggest their identity would be withheld on PII grounds. The same applies to the justification for redactions. The Noah case is not different in this respect.

Put it another way try finishing the following sentence

"Those who believe that the PII relates to the identity of the perpetrator but have no evidence to back that up are not conspiracy theorists because ......"

trueblue1234

Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2022, 11:45:20 AM

Agreed. The family deserve to know and now the public want to but the only people that deserve to know are that poor wee boy's family. I suspect there is a good bit of incompetence going on here from a PSNI perspective too though there is definitely something not right too.

Every victim's family deserve to know. But people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that something is known by the police about the the circumstances of the death and the identity of the perpetrator

Very possibly.

There are any number of other things that could be the subject of the PII certificate. But it's likely (given the history of PIIs) that it's something to do with keeping the identity of informants/agents and their handlers secret. Withholding documents that disclose or heavily suggest their identity would be withheld on PII grounds. The same applies to the justification for redactions. The Noah case is not different in this respect.

"Those who believe that the PII relates to the identity of the perpetrator but have no evidence to back that up are not conspiracy theorists because ......"
Ok so we think the most likely reason for the PII is to 
"something to do with keeping the identity of informants/agents and their handlers secret". So what other than this informant/agent being involved somewhere in this process would be a likely scenario other than being involved in the death directly? I can't think of any but very open to listening to any you have?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

keep her low this half

Very possibly.

Or to put it another way

"What are the police protecting that is more important than the murder of a child?"

I will await your suggestions

Gabriel_Hurl

Because the owner requested it? Anyone can request their house to get blurred out.

WT4E

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 01, 2022, 12:18:27 PM

Because the owner requested it? Anyone can request their house to get blurred out.

Yeah I know that but why I wonder?

rrhf

Whilst there are 100s of cases over the last 100 years. The Noah case could well be the straw that breaks the camels back in relation of policing practices of the wee state.

imtommygunn

Quote from: WT4E on August 01, 2022, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 01, 2022, 12:18:27 PM

Yeah I know that but why I wonder?

there have been burglaries off the back of images on google (more earth than maps). Maybe some people are paranoid. Or maybe more to it haha. Who knows.

general_lee

So you'd sooner accuse people of being conspiracy theorists because they've no evidence to back up their claims but will happily accept the PSNI version of events despite them having also having zero evidence to back up theirs?

smelmoth

Quote from: general_lee on August 01, 2022, 02:35:19 PM
So you'd sooner accuse people of being conspiracy theorists because they've no evidence to back up their claims but will happily accept the PSNI version of events despite them having also having zero evidence to back up theirs?

I haven't accepted anyone's version.

I am not the one jumping to conclusions

smelmoth

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2022, 12:09:58 PM

Very possibly.

"something to do with keeping the identity of informants/agents and their handlers secret". So what other than this informant/agent being involved somewhere in this process would be a likely scenario other than being involved in the death directly? I can't think of any but very open to listening to any you have?

At a guess the documents/details with a document relate to the feelers the cops put out to see if any informant knew anything. There is no way that would be released to the family. There is your PII right there.

To be absolutely clear PSNI use informants. Especially in areas of high crime. Several groups do not like this. My understanding is that the PSNI have very little to go on in the Noah case. If you look at where the crime occurred it is clear that there will be informants in the surrounding area. If it's true that the case flummoxed the cops it's very, very likely that they will have shaken down every street source they had. That info cannot be released.

So when I hear there is a PII cert my instinct is that there is bound to be. If you want to elevate it above that show me some evidence? Something other than a conspiracy theory

tiempo

Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2022, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: general_lee on August 01, 2022, 02:35:19 PM

I haven't accepted anyone's version.

I am not the one jumping to conclusions

My take, foul play and coverup

Evidence, murder and PII

There is a very clear conspiracy to coverup via the PII

Also not jumping to conclusions

trueblue1234

Quote from: smelmoth on August 01, 2022, 03:37:27 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2022, 12:09:58 PM

Very possibly.

At a guess the documents/details with a document relate to the feelers the cops put out to see if any informant knew anything. There is no way that would be released to the family. There is your PII right there.

To be absolutely clear PSNI use informants. Especially in areas of high crime. Several groups do not like this. My understanding is that the PSNI have very little to go on in the Noah case. If you look at where the crime occurred it is clear that there will be informants in the surrounding area. If it's true that the case flummoxed the cops it's very, very likely that they will have shaken down every street source they had. That info cannot be released.

So when I hear there is a PII cert my instinct is that there is bound to be. If you want to elevate it above that show me some evidence? Something other than a conspiracy theory

But that's the point. There is no evidence of your version either. Your version is as much a theory as any other. In fact it would be infinitely easier to redact certain documents/ or to use code names of informers on documents regarding interviews etc which they do, than to allow this whole media circus to gather pace to a stage where it is not going to disappear and has added to peoples feelings regarding cover ups. Provide me with evidence that your version is more likely and We'll talk. Leave out the condescending  conspiracy theory remarks though.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit