5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

Angelo

What's the mood like in Mayo?

Is it much more downbeat than other years where they were in an All Ireland final.

The hurling last week had a very damp feel about it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Angelo on December 19, 2020, 02:38:17 PM
What's the mood like in Mayo?

Is it much more downbeat than other years where they were in an All Ireland final.

The hurling last week had a very damp feel about it.

Raring to go 😁
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

seafoid

I remember the excitement when Mayo reached the all Ireland final in 2012.
What a strange ride it has been since.

bannside

David Hickey comes across as a right arrogant p***k. I remember well the day he rugby tackled a protester on the pitch during the All Ireland final. Think it was 1975 or 1976.

marty34

Colm O'Rourke just said on The Saturday Game that Peter Canavan picked the ball off the ground in 1995.

Was it not Sean Mc Laughlin?

How does he get a gig like this?

Silkyskillssunshinee

Surely Brian Howard will start. Better footballer than Small or McDaid.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 19, 2020, 04:17:20 PM
Colm O'Rourke just said on The Saturday Game that Peter Canavan picked the ball off the ground in 1995.

McLaughlin got the score but think Canavan was penalised (incorrectly) for playing the ball on the ground.

O'Rourke lets his bias cloud him again and again when it comes to Tyrone. He's an embarrassment.

RedHand88

Unpopular opinion coming up.

I think Mayo will do it.

Angelo

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on December 19, 2020, 04:21:17 PM
Surely Brian Howard will start. Better footballer than Small or McDaid.

Wouldn't expect so. Imagine Dublin will go with what they have and both Mannion and Howard on standby to change the game.

It could be ugly or Mayo could do it. You just never know with Mayo. I just don't think this Mayo team will have the physicality of previous teams to ask that question, they are light in the middle compared to previous teams of theirs.

The reason Mayo have caused Dublin so much problems in that past is that they've have played their own game, done it at a high tempo, showed Dublin no respect and got wired in. That has put Dublin off their rhythm, Dublin like to be patient, keep ball and create the high percentage chance before they execute. Mayo will play the same football but I don't think they have the same quality of player they had 3/4/5 years ago. The likes of Higgins, Boyle, Vaughan, SOS, Andy Moran have all been phased out, a few other guys are getting on and they are also missing the likes of Doherty and Harrison with injuries.

Dublin by 8.

BennyCake

macdanger2

Hard to see us winning unfortunately but we live in hope.

Maigh Eo abĂș

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 19, 2020, 04:23:52 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 19, 2020, 04:17:20 PM

McLaughlin got the score but think Canavan was penalised (incorrectly) for playing the ball on the ground.

O'Rourke lets his bias cloud him again and again when it comes to Tyrone. He's an embarrassment.

Thanks. I was wrong.

Angelo

Any changes to the starting teams announced?

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

BennyCake

Ger Canning!!! Arghh!!!

It's Irish language commentary for me... again!