5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

BennyCake

whitey

I wonder if Cormac Reilly will be linesman?

The Hill is Blue

What's the confidence level among Mayo supporters?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

reillycavan

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 09, 2020, 09:34:11 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on December 09, 2020, 09:33:25 PM

In relation to what?

Ryan O'Donoghue having a great season. Won a couple frees and set  up a  couple other scores. Where was he last season?? Thought would have been brought sooner.

macdanger2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on December 09, 2020, 09:33:25 PM

Virtually non existent I'd say. While we're typically underdogs in finals, we always believe that there's some sort of chance of winning. I honestly can't see a credible set of circumstances where we win this game - we just have too many weaknesses at the moment; if we play at the top of our game, we'll hopefully make Dublin earn it.

Obviously there's always a chance in a two horse race but it's a very very slim one.

From the Bunker

The Hype is incredible, the first flag was put out on Main St Castlebar today. There is talk of another Flag being put out during the week. Throughts of Christmas have been put on hold. Many have planned on the day to get up early and to drive out the N5 or go up to the Railway station to get the feeling of the Big day!

People have been told to not talk to players to keep the hype down. I was in the Bank of Ireland today and there was no one in the queue for to be attended by Keith Higgins.

We are not letting our impressive record against Dublin since 2012 get the better of us. It's not as easy as Pat Gilroy put it ''Being the 2nd best team of all time''.

Going to be hard to keep our feet on the ground for the next 10 days!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 09, 2020, 10:06:03 PM

The Hype is incredible, the first flag was put out on Main St Castlebar today. There is talk of another Flag being put out during the week. Throughts of Christmas have been put on hold. Many have planned on the day to get up early and to drive out the N5 or go up to the Railway station to get the feeling of the Big day!

People have been told to not talk to players to keep the hype down. I was in the Bank of Ireland today and there was no one in the queue for to be attended by Keith Higgins.

We are not letting our impressive record against Dublin since 2012 get the better of us. It's not as easy as Pat Gilroy put it ''Being the 2nd best team of all time''.

;D ;D
I like  it!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

thewobbler

If that picture really is from Mayo, surely it should be raining?

Captain Obvious

The stars are aligning for Mayo.  Jim Gavin that never lost to Mayo in a league or championship game gone, Jack Mccaffrey whom would have taken up the attention of two markers not available, Supporters especially Hill 16 that is worth 3 or 4 points to Dublin gone. Current manager Dessie Farrell who had a habit losing underage matches that few thought they could lose. Benching two of their better players in Mannion, Howard and last but not least no hype in or on Mayo.

mayoman dan

Theres zero hype in Mayo.I dont know if thats because of covid or the fact that most supporters dont give us much hope of beating Dublin.Tipp scored 3.13 against us and could have had another 5 or 6 goals.We are also having major trouble with our kickouts.This dosent bode well when your facing the dubs in a few days time.But who knows....Sport throws up surprises from time to time.Im going to throw out a few flags and enjoy the build up to the game.I will be watching this final in hope more so than expectation.Regardless of what happens it has been a good year for Mayo.Despite relegation we have introduced several new players that look at home at the top level and a connacht title was very nice.

Milltown Row2

Would make you wonder why Mayo even started training this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 09, 2020, 10:06:03 PM

Be careful and try to maintain social distancing when at the train station for the big day. Don't want too big a crowd to turn up for H&S reasons. Hopefully you won't get too much stick in your Dublin gear supporting them on the day

mayoman dan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2020, 11:46:28 PM
Would make you wonder why Mayo even started training this year
Should we have just given up??? An analysis of the 2 teams over the last few games would have Dublin as clear favourites.

macdanger2

Dublin - 12 @ 9/2
Mayo to win @ 9/2

:(