All Ireland Semi Final: The Dubs v Cavan, 1730 Saturday 5 December 2020

Started by Hound, November 24, 2020, 08:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The Dublin fans on here have so much in common with unionists. They have the game rigged, they have the population, they have the economic front to keep all their players in Dublin, they have all that funding from GAA HQ, they have all the commercial money from their profile and big corporations in Dublin, they have the sponsored no show jobs that allow their players become de facto pro athletes, they play 95% of their Championship games at their nominated home grounds.

And ask them to give up some of those unfair advantages in the interest of fairness and they'll attack you.

I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of winning the way Dublin do and their PR department would sicken you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Dublin supporters: reasoned arguments, logic

Anti-Dublin whingers: "you're in the DUP!"

Sums it up

A lot of non-Dublin people out there are retreating into a paranoid fever dream

From the Bunker

I have to say I enjoyed last nights game. It was an embarrassment for the presentation team from RTE trying to talk up the game and trying to pretend it was in any way competitive. I have got to the stage where I cheer on the Dubs. The bigger the win the better -Every win brings us closer to the end.  The boredom is kicking in on both sides. Dublin fans are getting bored of winning easily and the rest are just numb.

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 10:16:06 AM

Sums it up

That's what the unionists said too.

They blamed in on the taigs because in your mind all those unfair advantages are your entitlement. All you serve to do is prove what I've said.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 06, 2020, 09:55:05 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2020, 09:41:46 AM
They don't need funding - just increase their populations to 1.4m and keep repeating "we're as good as Dublin" and of course get their volunteers to work harder.

And play all their games at home.
Train the volunteers to work harder
Get all those big businesses in rural Ireland to finally start bankrolling county boards like in Dublin
(On that issue why is a semi state company like Bus Eireann allowed to spend tax payers money on sponsoring the Dubs)
You are the very man I've been thinking about!  ;D
Some time ago in one of your posts, you compared Westmeath's training facilities with Dublin's ones in response to one of the usual suspects. I mean we had one of the patronising exhortations that other counties should train harder and get their finances in order etc. etc.
Can you recall this post?
If you were to repost it or at least describe Westmeath' facilities again, it might put the record straight.
I know it won't make a bit of difference to the usual cohort who see nothing wrong with Dublin's stranglehold on interounty football but it might be entertaining if sid or dublin 7 et all have anything to say about it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 10:26:48 AM
I have to say I enjoyed last nights game. It was an embarrassment for the presentation team from RTE trying to talk up the game and trying to pretend it was in any way competitive. I have got to the stage where I cheer on the Dubs. The bigger the win the better -Every win brings us closer to the end.  The boredom is kicking in on both sides. Dublin fans are getting bored of winning easily and the rest are just numb.

Look at the Dub fans here. Heels dug in, they won't countenance any amendments on the balance of fairness. They are not interested in a fair fight.

The Leinster counties need to act. This needs to be the GAA's Civil Rights moment.

Milltown Row2

They say you must check your change in Dublin, as it may have some All Ireland medals among it!

Population wise Dublin always had the numbers, they never had the participation in GAA to make it work. They do now, that's what everyone wanted, more participation.

Playing at home is an advantage, should the GAA build a stadium in Athlone? Would that make a difference?

Players are given the same opportunities to train and condition themselves to a standard, it's up to an individual to do that, easier to motivate when in a winning team, easier to give up when believing you're not.

All counties should have a level playing field, centre of excellence, S&C coaching, physios, free gym membership, meals after training and games, decent travel to games.

There is nothing else that makes a player better. Travelling a hour to training in most counties is standard, some players are lucky and travel half that.

Every team plays home and away, Dublin just happens to be based in Dublin, and play their games in Croke. Whether they played in Parnell or Croke, the outcome is generally the same. Again if we moved Croke would it make much of a difference?

For me it's a case of a numbers game, Dublin has got its shit together, it's able to feed players through, splitting Dublin is not and should not happen, as that will totally devalue the competition.

When Ulster hurling became a non runner Antrim entered Leinster, Dublin should do the same.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 06, 2020, 10:31:57 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 10:16:06 AM

Sums it up

That's what the unionists said too.

They blamed in on the taigs because in your mind all those unfair advantages are your entitlement. All you serve to do is prove what I've said.
Sure why not go the whole hog

Maybe start comparing Dublin to Apartheid South Africa or the KKK, sure, hell, why not the Nazis too  ;D

That should do a lot for your argument

Rossfan

Now that the AI SFC has joined the Leinster SFC where do you propose Dublin go?
The AFL?
The uncompetitiveness is down to numbers says he.
Buy don't split Dublin says he.
Very confusing.

I still don't get the 2 Nordie bucks trotting out the GAA "on message" stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: Angelo on December 06, 2020, 10:34:39 AM

Look at the Dub fans here. Heels dug in, they won't countenance any amendments on the balance of fairness. They are not interested in a fair fight.

The Leinster counties need to act. This needs to be the GAA's Civil Rights moment.

Should the other leinster counties boycott the Leinster championship? It might make some sit up and take notice, but the Leinster championship is only part of the issue. But I mean, who would miss it if they didn't play it next year?

If counties are going to do something, it has to be bigger than pulling out of the Leinster championship.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on December 06, 2020, 10:50:58 AM

Should the other leinster counties boycott the Leinster championship? It might make some sit up and take notice, but the Leinster championship is only part of the issue. But I mean, who would miss it if they didn't play it next year?

If counties are going to do something, it has to be bigger than pulling out of the Leinster championship.
Sure just give up GAA altogether

Play soccer or rugby or badminton

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 10:58:20 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 06, 2020, 10:50:58 AM

Sure just give up GAA altogether

Play soccer or rugby or badminton

Most are going back to the club game in gaa for consolation. And this could be the big winner in the end.

Rossfan

And more interest in the Hurley stuff where there are 8 or 9 serious teams any one of which can beat the other on a given day.
Any stattos out there who can give us attendances at Dublins Croke Pk Championship games for say
2009, 2015, 2018 and 2019 (excl "super 8")?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:16:45 AM

But, but, but.

Always excuses.  I'm not from Dublin by the way.

This attitude of 'they're better than us' etc. etc.  They've put the work in and are now reaping the benefits.  Other counties are looking at the quick-fix solution with brown envelopes for manages instead of investing it in the clubs and development.  Then f*^k the manager out and "employ" another one.  Same result.

Would counties not go to Dublin and see their plans from 15 / 20 yesrs ago?

We are going down the American sports' routes - franchises in each county with population caps on it etc.

Where are you from?
As stated, not from Dublin.

If Mayo had showed a wee bit more over the last few years when they needed to, they'd have won the All Ireland and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

From the Bunker

Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:16:45 AM

But, but, but.

Always excuses.  I'm not from Dublin by the way.

This attitude of 'they're better than us' etc. etc.  They've put the work in and are now reaping the benefits.  Other counties are looking at the quick-fix solution with brown envelopes for manages instead of investing it in the clubs and development.  Then f*^k the manager out and "employ" another one.  Same result.

Would counties not go to Dublin and see their plans from 15 / 20 yesrs ago?

We are going down the American sports' routes - franchises in each county with population caps on it etc.

Where are you from?
As stated, not from Dublin.

If Mayo had showed a wee bit more over the last few years when they needed to, they'd have won the All Ireland and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

A wee bit more what? And why do you want to hide where you come from?