All Ireland Semi Final: The Dubs v Cavan, 1730 Saturday 5 December 2020

Started by Hound, November 24, 2020, 08:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 10:26:48 AM
I have to say I enjoyed last nights game. It was an embarrassment for the presentation team from RTE trying to talk up the game and trying to pretend it was in any way competitive. I have got to the stage where I cheer on the Dubs. The bigger the win the better -Every win brings us closer to the end.  The boredom is kicking in on both sides. Dublin fans are getting bored of winning easily and the rest are just numb.
You would almost feel.sorry for journalists struggling to make the game sound interesting

marty34

Quote from: BennyCake on December 06, 2020, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 06, 2020, 10:34:39 AM
I have to say I enjoyed last nights game. It was an embarrassment for the presentation team from RTE trying to talk up the game and trying to pretend it was in any way competitive. I have got to the stage where I cheer on the Dubs. The bigger the win the better -Every win brings us closer to the end.  The boredom is kicking in on both sides. Dublin fans are getting bored of winning easily and the rest are just numb.

Look at the Dub fans here. Heels dug in, they won't countenance any amendments on the balance of fairness. They are not interested in a fair fight.

The Leinster counties need to act. This needs to be the GAA's Civil Rights moment.

Should the other leinster counties boycott the Leinster championship? It might make some sit up and take notice, but the Leinster championship is only part of the issue. But I mean, who would miss it if they didn't play it next year?

If counties are going to do something, it has to be bigger than pulling out of the Leinster championship.

FFS...they're better footballers than us, we're not playing anymore.

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:16:45 AM

But, but, but.

Always excuses.  I'm not from Dublin by the way.

This attitude of 'they're better than us' etc. etc.  They've put the work in and are now reaping the benefits.  Other counties are looking at the quick-fix solution with brown envelopes for manages instead of investing it in the clubs and development.  Then f*^k the manager out and "employ" another one.  Same result.

Would counties not go to Dublin and see their plans from 15 / 20 yesrs ago?

We are going down the American sports' routes - franchises in each county with population caps on it etc.

Where are you from?
As stated, not from Dublin.

If Mayo had showed a wee bit more over the last few years when they needed to, they'd have won the All Ireland and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

A wee bit more what? And why do you want to hide where you come from?
A wee bit more not scoring own goals

A wee bit more players not crashing into each other

A wee bit more not making stupid goalkeeping mistakes

A wee bit more not conceding stupid penalties

A wee bit more not getting needlessly sent off

A wee bit more putting frees over the bar instead of wide or onto the post

skeog

Dublin are so far ahead it is going to take some effort over the next few years to keep people interested.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 11:23:17 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:16:45 AM

But, but, but.

Always excuses.  I'm not from Dublin by the way.

This attitude of 'they're better than us' etc. etc.  They've put the work in and are now reaping the benefits.  Other counties are looking at the quick-fix solution with brown envelopes for manages instead of investing it in the clubs and development.  Then f*^k the manager out and "employ" another one.  Same result.

Would counties not go to Dublin and see their plans from 15 / 20 yesrs ago?

We are going down the American sports' routes - franchises in each county with population caps on it etc.

Where are you from?
As stated, not from Dublin.

If Mayo had showed a wee bit more over the last few years when they needed to, they'd have won the All Ireland and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

A wee bit more what? And why do you want to hide where you come from?
A wee bit more not scoring own goals

A wee bit more players not crashing into each other

A wee bit more not making stupid goalkeeping mistakes

A wee bit more not conceding stupid penalties

A wee bit more not getting needlessly sent off

A wee bit more putting frees over the bar instead of wide or onto the post

I do think over a decade Mayo tried all of those, while trying to put the good fight to Dublin. Sometimes you are good but not good enough.

Where did you say you were from again? It's hard to get perspective from a poster without a location.

Eire90

ive always said club gaa is far more competitive and rte should promote it more was the  ast all ireland club finals even on rte

RedHand88

What a closely fought contest with Dublin using that extra bit of experience on the big stage to get them over the line. A true clash of the titans was served up last night which Dublin came through thanks to that little bit extra work and luck on the day. Better luck next year lads.

Hooray for the championship!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on December 06, 2020, 11:54:11 AM
ive always said club gaa is far more competitive and rte should promote it more was the  ast all ireland club finals even on rte

The Inter county  hurling is more competitive that the the club. And it's very much promoted on TG4

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Bernard Brogan comes out with some shite.

His piece in the press yesterday was embarassing........along with his 'idea' about all GAA players living in hotels for the period of the championship it doesnt bode well for his future media career

J70

Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 11:22:39 AM

Look at the Dub fans here. Heels dug in, they won't countenance any amendments on the balance of fairness. They are not interested in a fair fight.

The Leinster counties need to act. This needs to be the GAA's Civil Rights moment.

Should the other leinster counties boycott the Leinster championship? It might make some sit up and take notice, but the Leinster championship is only part of the issue. But I mean, who would miss it if they didn't play it next year?

If counties are going to do something, it has to be bigger than pulling out of the Leinster championship.

So when will it become a problem?

2025 after eleven All Irelands and 15 Leinsters in a row, with no let-up in sight?

2030?

When will it become clear that it's not a generational team like every other great team of the past?

marty34

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2020, 12:27:38 PM

2025 after eleven All Irelands and 15 Leinsters in a row, with no let-up in sight?

2030?

When will it become clear that it's not a generational team like every other great team of the past?

You should just bring in a new rule like if you win the AI three time in a row, then you can't win it the next year, or should it be 5 in a row, or 10 in a row???

J70

Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:38:11 PM

2030?

You should just bring in a new rule like if you win the AI three time in a row, then you can't win it the next year, or should it be 5 in a row, or 10 in a row???

So not REALLY interested in discussing this.

Suit yourself.

greatpoint

Quote from: Taylor on December 06, 2020, 12:26:42 PM
Bernard Brogan comes out with some shite.

His piece in the press yesterday was embarassing........along with his 'idea' about all GAA players living in hotels for the period of the championship it doesnt bode well for his future media career

Doesn't he own a hotel?

Angelo

The funding issue needs to be addressed and the Leinster counties need to boycott until such time as it is. The GAA are sticking their fingers in their ears and not tackling this issue. They created the problem by disproportionately funding Dublin over the past 14/15 years.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on December 06, 2020, 12:38:11 PM

2030?

Why is a team winning all these All Irelands in succession?

When you look at the matter objectively you can see that a team that already had all the natural resources and advantages that no other county could match were then bankrolled and assisted by GAA HQ to harness all those advantages and resources and get the most out of them.

Dublin never needed any help from HQ. Kerry always benefitted from being a massive football county in a hurling province but they were never assisted by GAA HQ. Donegal, Mayo, Tyrone etc were never aided and assisted by GAA HQ to get to where they were.

The likes of Monaghan have been pound for pound probably the best footballing county in the country over the past decade - they never got a leg up from GAA HQ - they were never the special project, they did it all by themselves.

Listening to the sickening shite about volunteerism would make you sick. You look at all the initiatives that counties have worked so hard across the country at grass roots level to help their county teams. You look at the effort in the likes of Tyrone and Roscommon at grass roots level to bring the game on in the county, tireless work from volunteers while Dublin have employed GAA HQ administrators driving the funding for all the team that already has the natural resources that cannot be competed with.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL