Cork vs Tipperary PUC 22/11/20

Started by Lar Naparka, November 20, 2020, 12:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 22, 2020, 04:56:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 22, 2020, 04:21:02 PM
Will be interesting to see the number of positive cases in Tipp in the next fortnight.

It's great to see Tipp win but probably not what we need during a pandemic.
Ah here.

The Benny mindset after such a historic win..

twohands!!!

Since Cork won the All-Ireland in 2010, they've played 39 championship games winning 19, losing 19 and drawing 1.

Teams Cork have beaten in the championship
Clare, Down, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Laois, Limerick, Sligo, Tipperary

Teams Cork have been beaten by in the championship
Donegal, Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Roscommon, Tyrone, Kildare, Longford, Tipperary

Draw was with Kerry

They've played Division 1 teams 18 times and lost 15 times - Kerry twice and Down once are the only 2 wins.

Tipp

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 22, 2020, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 22, 2020, 04:56:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 22, 2020, 04:21:02 PM
Will be interesting to see the number of positive cases in Tipp in the next fortnight.

It's great to see Tipp win but probably not what we need during a pandemic.
Ah here.

The Benny mindset after such a historic win..

I must apologise for thinking rationally.

I've congratulated Tipp. It's great to see. First title in 85 years.

Had it been Kerry, their fans are so used to winning, that they'd sit back in the sofa with a cup of tea. But Tipp's first Munster in 85 years. I'd imagine there might be celebrations among Tipp fans beyond cups of tea.

Anyway, I'm away to give myself a good telling off.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on November 22, 2020, 05:20:29 PM
Had it been Kerry, their fans are so used to winning, that they'd sit back in the sofa with a cup of tea. But Tipp's first Munster in 85 years. I'd imagine there might be celebrations among Tipp fans beyond cups of tea.

In the light of of the Covid regulations the team should be heavily fined for the hugging carry on after the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 22, 2020, 05:37:36 PM

In the light of of the Covid regulations the team should be heavily fined for the hugging carry on after the game.

Are they not all part of a bubble?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lar Naparka

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on November 22, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2020, 03:11:57 PM
At least there will be no one there to see it!

Would be such a Mayo thing, to finally win the AI the one year when the fans aren't allowed in to see it.
That would /will be the least of our worries. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

grounded

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2020, 05:51:15 PM

No, they'll go back to their own house this evening and go to work tomorrow in some cases (others may work from home or work alone).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 22, 2020, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2020, 05:51:15 PM

No, they'll go back to their own house this evening and go to work tomorrow in some cases (others may work from home or work alone).

But if they are following the guidelines they'll be fine. The team will doing everything that they are supposed to do, otherwise they'll lose players.

There is as much hugging going on the pitch during the game as there was after.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

They say the provincial championships are dead? That Tipp win is up there with Leitrims 1994 success and provincial title success that will be talked about for many years to come.

Same last 4 as 1920. Could we get the same All-Ireland final as 1920? Stranger things has happened!

Rossfan

Well done Tipp.
Well deserved by all accounts (didn't see any games as duty called).
I suppose ye'll hardly topple our neighbours?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Tipp were semi finalists not so long ago and played very well. Playing Mayo will not daunt them this time as it might have done then.

Never beat the deeler

Congrats to Tipp, great achievement and just shows what straight knockout gives you.
They will give Mayo their fill of it, and wouldn't be much of a stretch to see Tipp win, given Mayo are fairly unpredictable at the best of times.

Checked earlier to see when their last provincial title was - 1935 as mentioned earlier in the thread. What is even crazier, is that Clare in 1992 is the only time since then that Munster has been won by anyone other than Cork / Kerry.
Hasta la victoria siempre

larryin89

They haven't a hope against Mayo , our intensity will blitz them apart . Comfortable six point win for our bucks .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on November 23, 2020, 07:10:24 AM
They haven't a hope against Mayo , our intensity will blitz them apart . Comfortable six point win for our bucks .
#intinsity